• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Crackd, the thing is I never experienced the memory issue people had, so even keeping a file would not have helped. :( I believe that memory issue was something that happened on some computers because of the 27 frames system (and memory stress), switching to 20 frames was just a shot in the dark. But yep, I agree with you on keeping track, trying to get v7 to work, because this version itself had a conflict with 1.05f drove me cuckoo enough to become very strict on keeping track of everything - I took it step by step and when I finally solved the conflict I could NOT believe it, never in a million years would I have bet on the particular issue I had. :(

Btw I sort of went with your advice on Levantines and Egyptians - made them more restrained than I would have hehehe, even gave Levantine dukes white turbans. :)

Well, the 27 frames might have been a problem because the game assigns letters (which only go to 26) to the slots. I know I can put 26 (a to y corresponding with 1-25, and z on 0, or the first) without a problem. Maybe the game corrupts things when it has to loop back over 26, which means a DNA slot gets a letter that is technically in two places at once. Just a thought.

Well, the 27 frames might have been a problem because the game assigns letters (which only go to 26) to the slots. I know I can put 26 (a to y corresponding with 1-25, and z on 0, or the first) without a problem. Maybe the game corrupts things when it has to loop back over 26, which means a DNA slot gets a letter that is technically in two places at once. Just a thought.

That might be it... for now I'm very reluctant to add more frames or layers... I'm just working with the implemented stuff that works for now. I was thinking of adding a new set of layers for Bohemians for example, but thought - hey what if I go into memory issues again? So I'm just going to use a mixture of available assets for them, most likely catalan clothes and german headgear for 7a...sigh.

I also need to figure out a way to code another slot - one of the empty ones for clothes - so that I can add another vestment for landed characters for some cultures but not all, also exclude females, and make it work 100% with no issues - portrait_properties file is the most amazing file when it comes to unexpected issues it can generate, such as randomization in stuff without any visible cause. :confused:

Working on 7a so far:
-catholic bishops now use their religious headgear when going to war
-switched muslim cultures using western female skin to byzantine female skin
-some tweaks to layers - such as correcting minor mismatches with clothes behind layer
-bohemian gfx now uses catalan clothes and german headgear

HMssc.png

new vestment template about to be implemented for 7a.

I think I'm going to skip 7a and wait for confirmation that 7 works for people, meantime I'm going to work on a major update, v8 - v8 is going to fill the last 2 clothes frames slots for christians at least, adding 1 more royal outfit per graphical culture and 1 more landed noble outfit. + a host of other tweaks etc.

I've started work on the new 2 slots. I await and will consider ALL suggestions for the noble clothes and royal clothes for any culture.

TmpHc.png

not sure if this is the right shade of purple.

I like the cloak a lot. What is supposed to be on the broach? Or is it a simple circular one with a pin?

It's simple broach with a pin, I can ofc change the broach. Probably gonna turn this into 2 different templates I can recolor, 1 with this broach one with a more elaborate broach with jewel. I already am trying kinda hard to figure out what I'm gonna fill those slots with. :wacko:

It look marvelous.

Thank you still wip, but I'm going to for sure include some more cloak and broach templates.

I've started work on the new 2 slots. I await and will consider ALL suggestions for the noble clothes and royal clothes for any culture.

TmpHc.png

not sure if this is the right shade of purple.

Proper Tyrian purple was darker: look at the San Vitale mosaic of Justinian for an idea of the right shade to use: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Justinian.jpg .

As for suggestions... I think that the emperor tier crowns for the Italians ought to be laurel wreaths. I think any imperial titles held by individuals of that culture would be consciously mimicking the classical Roman stuff, rather than medieval Roman (Byzantine) stuff.

Proper Tyrian purple was darker: look at the San Vitale mosaic of Justinian for an idea of the right shade to use: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Justinian.jpg .

As for suggestions... I think that the emperor tier crowns for the Italians ought to be laurel wreaths. I think any imperial titles held by individuals of that culture would be consciously mimicking the classical Roman stuff, rather than medieval Roman (Byzantine) stuff.

I am unsure about the colors on the Ravenna mosaic. Is there any other better/less discolored image out there? I do think I'm going to go a bit darker on the purple though.

On laurel crowns - I'll keep that in mind for a future tweak.

It's simple broach with a pin, I can ofc change the broach. Probably gonna turn this into 2 different templates I can recolor, 1 with this broach one with a more elaborate broach with jewel. I already am trying kinda hard to figure out what I'm gonna fill those slots with. :wacko:

If you look at the kings of most of western Europe until the XV century on Wikipedia you'll see regal portraits that have cloaks a lot like that one. I wouldn't obsess over broaches, but I'm sure you'll do a great job.

If you look at the kings of most of western Europe until the XV century on Wikipedia you'll see regal portraits that have cloaks a lot like that one. I wouldn't obsess over broaches, but I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Aye I know, I'm implementing 2 cloak and broach template at the least, maybe 3 or 4 depending on my enthusiasm level hehe.

That purple "melt" better with the rest of portrait.

Hehe, ok I guess I can fiddle with it some more. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.