• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you run the character database thru the Validator? There are a lot more bugs than that I'm afraid.

Fair enough, I didn't see that one come up on the validator but I could just have missed it.

I'm having an issue with character's headgear and clothing not displaying correctly. They are there, but skewed out of proportion, stretched to the other side of the screen. I've done everything I can possibly think of, but to no avail and I don't want to have to play without the mod like a chump.

Hmm when i try to run the latest version (6D) i get an error pop up called "microsoft visual C++ runtime library" runtime error.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I already tried the "portraits.rar" on the first page and i also tried to download a new Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package but neither worked.
When i dont enable BLC, CK2 works fine. It crashes at the loading screen just before i get into the menu.

@trashed, tretii_sleva, zonkie

Thanks mates! Hopefully 7 will will work well. :D

@ThomasCHP, 9HK4

Wait for version 7 I'm testing it still, but so far so good...

@Wiz

I will test v7 some more, but so far it works perfectly for me... v7 has become more of a "IT MUST WORK" version than anything else, trying to iron out all possible issues atm, I even removed a lot of code I had added for it to portrait properties just because I was unsure it might cause some issues... hopefully when I release it later today or tomorrow it will work.

I am unsure wether I should finish implementing this helm or just releasing v7 to see if it works for people and implement the rest of the stuff I want to get in it later...

PDO37.png

I'd greatly appreciate a release since I'm holding up a fixpatch for V7.

I'd greatly appreciate a release since I'm holding up a fixpatch for V7.

Very well!

V7 Released!

Not everything I wanted made it in...
But it should work. I want to hear if people experience issues, I have none. :blush: Note that this v7 does not use the 1.05f history files...that should not be an issue I believe, unless you reaaaaaaaly want the database changes in 1.05f. (Using the 1.05f history files instead of my files will result in the original landed characters lacking dna...and thus not looking properly imho)
uBvtH.png

Last edited:
If I hear this version works for people (remember the 2gigs address fix in first post) I will start working on adding some things that did not make it in, and finish some tweaks. If it does not work... I seriously do not understand why. Also if someone wants to copy over the dna from my files to the new 1.05f history files, and make no mistake in the process, :ninja: I will give you credit and post those files in the next update... I seriously can not muster the desire to do it, I don't see the value in Paradox's new history files atm. :blush:

Hopefully v7 will load - I couldn't start a new game with 6d. Was crashing at loading graphics. And no error message in the error log.

It loads on my desktop and laptop, tested it extensively, made it into the 1200s over and over... with no issues. I do have a few ideas of what more I could do if people experience issues, but I'm REALLY hoping this version works.:blush:

Btw I want to say your work is exceptional - and your dedication outstanding. :)

Thanks mate. :) I gather it loads...phew....... I'll go sleep now and hopefully in the morning I hear the mod is working for people, so I can get to adding some other stuff to it rather than hunting solutions to make it work. :D

wow, with v7 the "memory-glitch" is gone. now it works perfectly with original p´dox file for me. good work!

Thanks guys! :wub: I still wish I knew if reworking the file system to 20 frames, or the rework of the portraits file fixed it... I'm inclined to think it was the 20 frames part, which is sad because that means less stuff can be implemented per layer than previously thought possible. :(

Thanks guys! :wub: I still wish I knew if reworking the file system to 20 frames, or the rework of the portraits file fixed it... I'm inclined to think it was the 20 frames part, which is sad because that means less stuff can be implemented per layer than previously thought possible. :(

Keep a notepad file with every change in incremental stages. It's a minor nuisance, but it allows greater chance of identifying problems and working backwards. Or, make a list in excel of all necessary steps for each change and check them off as you go. An "Action Item List" if you will.

Keep a notepad file with every change in incremental stages. It's a minor nuisance, but it allows greater chance of identifying problems and working backwards. Or, make a list in excel of all necessary steps for each change and check them off as you go. An "Action Item List" if you will.

Well Crackd, the thing is I never experienced the memory issue people had, so even keeping a file would not have helped. :( I believe that memory issue was something that happened on some computers because of the 27 frames system (and memory stress), switching to 20 frames was just a shot in the dark. But yep, I agree with you on keeping track, trying to get v7 to work, because this version itself had a conflict with 1.05f drove me cuckoo enough to become very strict on keeping track of everything - I took it step by step and when I finally solved the conflict I could NOT believe it, never in a million years would I have bet on the particular issue I had. :(

Btw I sort of went with your advice on Levantines and Egyptians - made them more restrained than I would have hehehe, even gave Levantine dukes white turbans. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.