• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played with V8 and had the same issues, will try the newer version now and report back.

Did you use the 2gigs memory fix?

Thanks mate, hopefully it also works for most people. :laugh:

I think that if it works on my old computer it will work for literally everyone now :laugh:

I think that if it works on my old computer it will work for literally everyone now :laugh:

Hehehe, hopefully, still I've already started work on 8B...and I've already done some memory trimming lol... I'm becoming creative in the way I cut stuff out. :cool:

I'm going to most likely post 8B later today...I'm doing something I haven't tried before when it comes to memory load triming and it might result in crashes. (MIGHT - I am unsure yet...I hope not, but if it's stable on my computer I will post it and hope it's stable in truth lol)

WOW, you are awesome...

one thing i noticed playing orthodox chars: there is something with the clothes-layer on orthodox bishops. its an old error and mostly unvisible behind the beards - but sometimes a char is shaved...

ck2_2.jpg

WOW, you are awesome...

one thing i noticed playing orthodox chars: there is something with the clothes-layer on orthodox bishops. its an old error and mostly unvisible behind the beards - but sometimes a char is shaved...

View attachment 54711

Yep, I noticed it too, if you're reffering to the conflict between the clothes and the massively overweight type of faces especially *and others i guess. If I ever get to fix the memory issues to everyone's satisfaction I'll add that on my list of tweaks. :cool:

Atm I'm trying some rather unorthodox stuff... :laugh: I'm crossing my fingers it works because I might squeeze some more memory load out.

While the performance was better with 8a i still got the transparent UI bug. :(

EDIT: I have 2GB RAM so the "fix" does not help me at all.

Did you try the 2gigs adresset fix in first post? And I'm going to release 8b later today. :happy:

EDIT: I have 2GB RAM so the "fix" does not help me at all.

I think it might help even with 2gb of ram. Try it (make a backup).

This version shaved off another 50mb of RAM. Down to 1.45gb now.

If people still have issues with 8B... I can try some radical stuff for 8C. I did not do it for 8B because I wanted this to be the last version before I start implementing some rather unpleasant solutions, such as cutting out crowns, and merging layers and culture coding the slots used etc.

Ok folks I await to hear the memory horror stories experienced with 8B...

Right now I'm trying to decide wether I should start work on the nasty 8C triming (that might break A LOT of things), or keep 8B for people with good computers and do a BLC-lite for people with bad computers... BLC lite would drastically cut on memory usage at the expense of graphics used, while still looking better than vanilla... sadly with a lot less diversity than BLC proper.

I didn't want to ask about a lite version, but it would be a good thing to have, especially with other mods running alongside yours. I would recommend keeping the new royal clothing and a lot of the other custom stuff. I know it would probably hurt, but I think it would be better if you chose and picked yourself what should be the core features of your own mod.

Well, I'm open to any suggestions, although before I start working on a lite version I think I'll give BLC proper one last hurrah. I'm thinking of stuff atm I can still do to trim the memory load further...

For one I am unsure wether a mismatch in the number of frames between the clothes/clothes_behind/infront/ layers might cause some wierd issue or not... I could trim the clothes behind/infront layers a bit for one if it didn't. (cut the last unused slots out in the behind/infront layers - I'm not talking about mismatching outfit 10 let's say from clothes behind 10 but just cutting the last part of the file for the stuff that doesn't really need a behind layer)

I'm also unsure how much I would gain by merging headgear layers and culture coding the use of slots in properties file... would all that rather extensive culture coding actually be detrimental overall? No idea, sigh.:huh:

Another thing I'm thinking is ...cutting down on standard courtier clothes and only having 1 royal crown per gfx culture...I can also cut 2 of the headgear out that don't really add anything...(one of the priestly headgear and one of the courtier headgear)...

Last edited:
Yeah I would definitely consider an alternate BLC lite version before breaking all the work you've done, esp. since the memory issues don't seem to be hitting everyone (I've never had problems).

I was looking at the standard unmodded dds ck2 uses... and I was blown away by the file sizes of some stuff, I can save some of that stuff into new files that are only 33% in size...

Now the million dollar question is - does CK2 actually load those files by default no matter what - and also add my files to the load - or I can mod all of those files and reduce their size and CK2 then only uses my files from the mod folder? It should only use my files, but I'm not 100%... because if it did not load the standard files at all I could cut down on memory use by just converting those files...

Yeah I would definitely consider an alternate BLC lite version before breaking all the work you've done, esp. since the memory issues don't seem to be hitting everyone (I've never had problems).

Aye, I don't have any issues... what's amazing to me is my laptop (which imho sucks as a gaming platform) experiences 0 issues as well...(my desktop is still old but you could say powerful enough I guess) I am guessing it's either a case of aditional mods piling up, or having a really bad/old computer. :closedeyes: Sadly the only realistic solutions for mods pilling up and bad computers is a lite-version, there's only so much I can do with the standard version before I start crying like a little girl. :laugh:

I'd so wish someone answered my question about dds load in my post above. :excl:

Status
Not open for further replies.