• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been able to fabricate claims, it's just a case of random chance.

Yes, I can confirm fabricating claims works. I managed to fabricate a claim on Driftwood Hall as Deepdown, and then crushed em' via alliance with House Magnar (which opened the door for me to call myself High Lord of Skagos).

But yeah, fabricating claims most certainly works. It's, just like in vanilla, just a total crapshoot as to whether or not it'll actually work.

I've been getting stomped, he divides his forces, but then quickly merges them with the reach or dorne forces and I get smashed. My vassels get upset because i have to drag all the troops from the north..any gains is wiped out by a huge doom stack, and I can't storm his forces (so I can quickly get territory) because he has so many forces defending his castle (5k troops defending the walls?!).

I'll have to try something else..i'm sorta venting.

Really? I'm 20 years into the rebellion and I've (on my 2nd attempt) captured all of Kings Landing (the city, all the castles, all the gates, etc) and now have my Stark troops garrisoning it. My first attempt was wiped out by a doomstack. I've also managed to take some of the other Crownland provinces with my 2nd stack of full troops (around 20k). Of course now my damn allies won't/can't do anything more on the Targs (it's Aegon the Ill-Ruler now), so their warscore is creeping back down from 70%. And I've contributed the most to the war...by far. Even more than Robert. Hell...I freed my sister and she ran off to marry Robert. And since I don't have ships I can't get to Dragonstone to conquer it - which I assume would give me a big bump and potentially end the war. So I'm just trying to chip away at the Crownlands.

Combat is much more tactical than in vanilla. This isn't vanilla CK2 where the biggest number wins. It matters a bunch, but if you depend on it then you're dead. You need to be careful, you need to weigh your odds, you need to consider terrain and leadership, and, above all, you need to scout. The AI has no fog of war, you do. Keep at least one small army of a couple hundred throwaways (the cities and godswoods are great for this) and check the major routes that you know the AI takes. Put them in places that will give you warning that an enemy is marching on you (and they are marching on you). Three provinces worth of warning is much better than having them appear in the adjacent province and you lose a few days from reaction time. If you see a doomstack you run. It doesn't matter how close you are to winning the Red Keep, you hightail it out of there if they outnumber you by as much as a hundred men. Giving up the siege willingly is much better than having the enemy smash your armies and kill or capture your commanders.

The small 200 men sellsword companies are great for scouting and they're dirt cheap for a Lord Paramount. Just be careful that recently raised levies don't form up and kill them off while you're not paying attention. If you don't use them to actively lift fog of war then keep them with the main army.

Above all, don't ever go into the Stormlands. The enemy will outmaneuver you every time and the only way to run is into a dead-end peninsula. The Boneway will never show mercy. If you want to raze the south while bringing more men down the Neck then stick to the Reach and the Prince's Pass.

Wow...I never thought of this!! Nice idea!

I have no comments on the other two, but I can assure you, you don't want to do this. Giving the CK2 military AI a handful of ships is like giving a toddler a bottle of arsenic.

Care to elaborate on this?

Crash at startup is persisting :<
I've reinstalled, and re-extracted the mod files as:

steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\mod\A Game of Thrones <-- 282MB folder
steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\mod\A Game of Thrones.mod

so these two items are displayed side by side in the \mod folder.

Caveat: Every time i've run Crusader Kings II since initial purchase, Steam's first step in launching the game is "performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2010 (step 1 of 1) ). This takes a few seconds, and then the selectable-mods-and-DLC launcher pops up. Not sure if related, but seems abnormal that Steam would be performing first time setup each time i run the game. Regardless, the game works unless i select the "A Game Of Thrones" mod from list and "Start CKII".

Ive also tried running steam as Administrator(i have Vista 32). Please advise. Could it be a security setting issue (i know nothing of these things)?

I'm running V.1.05G with my GamersGate version of the game and it runs fine. Anyway, V.1.05G had litterly one sodding change from 1.05F so it should be causing no issues. I would suggest reinstalling your CKII and the mod and if your prior issue persists notify the team here.

Caveat: Every time i've run Crusader Kings II since initial purchase, Steam's first step in launching the game is "performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2010 (step 1 of 1) ). This takes a few seconds, and then the selectable-mods-and-DLC launcher pops up. Not sure if related, but seems abnormal that Steam would be performing first time setup each time i run the game. Regardless, the game works unless i select the "A Game Of Thrones" mod from list and "Start CKII".

Ive also tried running steam as Administrator(i have Vista 32). Please advise. Could it be a security setting issue (i know nothing of these things)?

Mine's been doing the same thing with "Initial setup" and yet my mod runs fine, so I don't think that's it. Hmm.

I have no comments on the other two, but I can assure you, you don't want to do this. Giving the CK2 military AI a handful of ships is like giving a toddler a bottle of arsenic.

No limits on ship =
1. The North, Dron & Iron Islands go from dependable strongholds to defenseless landmasses.
2. The twins, the neck, the princess pass ect.. gain even less strategic significance. When one can sail around them.

More ships to various factions results in odd AI behavior, for example Ned parking his troops near the coast line waiting for ships and losing men due to attrition.

Thanks Ran, when you put it like that, it does seem to make sense why fleets are a bad idea.

A man should display respect and patience.

This one has asked the question before. This one has received no answer. This one has not showed a lack of patience.

A man should think before he speaks.

It's a shame naval combat doesnt exist in the game,if it did then taking the Iron Islands would be SUCH a bitch.

Also I dont suppose it would be possible for the effects of winter to feel more evident. I often find myself forgetting if it's winter or summer. I know it ups attrition and reduces trade and money etc. But I reckon it should be next to impossible to war in Winter so maybe up winter attrition so it affects anything above 1k and reducing ALL summer attrition.
Also is it possible to make it so an enemy can't actually pass Moat Cailin and the other strongholds without besieging them.

I don't know anything about your crash, but I've had a similar issue where steam performs the set-up every time with Victoria 2. Try this link in the V2 tech support thread, I believe the issue is similar.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?515372-Victoria-2-tech-support-read-this-first!-Patches-localisations-and-solutions&p=11980346&viewfull=1#post11980346
I hope that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.