• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the full info on the AAR contest?

Because I'd LOVE to do a House Farwynd AAR... but I'd rather not start until at least the Iron Islands are connected via straits.

Finally got to try this out, and am amazed so far. Unfortunatly, my little slice of GoT was downright horrifying. Played as the Lannisters and joined Robert's Rebellion early, hoping to crust Aerys quickly instead. Unfortunatly what I instead got was a horrifying 28 year stalemate that must have cost nearly 300k troops their lives, which also means a much more horrifing number of peasants. The saddest part was my friend pointed out how it meant an entire generation grew up knowing nothing but the horrors of war. The war didn't even end right, I think it actually won on a mass imprisonment rather than warscore. Haven't touched the save after that yet, a bit afraid of what will happen.

I've been getting stomped, he divides his forces, but then quickly merges them with the reach or dorne forces and I get smashed. My vassels get upset because i have to drag all the troops from the north..any gains is wiped out by a huge doom stack, and I can't storm his forces (so I can quickly get territory) because he has so many forces defending his castle (5k troops defending the walls?!).

I'll have to try something else..i'm sorta venting.
Combat is much more tactical than in vanilla. This isn't vanilla CK2 where the biggest number wins. It matters a bunch, but if you depend on it then you're dead. You need to be careful, you need to weigh your odds, you need to consider terrain and leadership, and, above all, you need to scout. The AI has no fog of war, you do. Keep at least one small army of a couple hundred throwaways (the cities and godswoods are great for this) and check the major routes that you know the AI takes. Put them in places that will give you warning that an enemy is marching on you (and they are marching on you). Three provinces worth of warning is much better than having them appear in the adjacent province and you lose a few days from reaction time. If you see a doomstack you run. It doesn't matter how close you are to winning the Red Keep, you hightail it out of there if they outnumber you by as much as a hundred men. Giving up the siege willingly is much better than having the enemy smash your armies and kill or capture your commanders.

The small 200 men sellsword companies are great for scouting and they're dirt cheap for a Lord Paramount. Just be careful that recently raised levies don't form up and kill them off while you're not paying attention. If you don't use them to actively lift fog of war then keep them with the main army.

Above all, don't ever go into the Stormlands. The enemy will outmaneuver you every time and the only way to run is into a dead-end peninsula. The Boneway will never show mercy. If you want to raze the south while bringing more men down the Neck then stick to the Reach and the Prince's Pass.

Loving the mod so far, great job everyone! Though I'm a bit creeped out by my randomly generated alternate "Sansa". She's a dwarf, skilled at fighting, who's always followed by a crow.

Also loving the mod. But I find playing as the Iron Island pretty annoying right now, since all the islands are so split up, yet so compact, so compiling your army into one is very tedious work. Other than that, can't wait for the event updates and new scenarios <3

Also why does Harrenhal have just a Common riverland castle, it feels like it should have a unique special type of castle, since it was a legendary castle. Maybe not buff it, but rather change the name of Harrenhal in particular's type of castle building? D:

Last edited:
Awesome work guys. I have to say I laughed out loud when I looked up stats and attributes for Brienne of Tarth. Seldom do you see a woman who is a formidable fighter, giant and ugly.

Combat is much more tactical than in vanilla. This isn't vanilla CK2 where the biggest number wins. It matters a bunch, but if you depend on it then you're dead. You need to be careful, you need to weigh your odds, you need to consider terrain and leadership, and, above all, you need to scout. The AI has no fog of war, you do. Keep at least one small army of a couple hundred throwaways (the cities and godswoods are great for this) and check the major routes that you know the AI takes. Put them in places that will give you warning that an enemy is marching on you (and they are marching on you). Three provinces worth of warning is much better than having them appear in the adjacent province and you lose a few days from reaction time. If you see a doomstack you run. It doesn't matter how close you are to winning the Red Keep, you hightail it out of there if they outnumber you by as much as a hundred men. Giving up the siege willingly is much better than having the enemy smash your armies and kill or capture your commanders.

The small 200 men sellsword companies are great for scouting and they're dirt cheap for a Lord Paramount. Just be careful that recently raised levies don't form up and kill them off while you're not paying attention. If you don't use them to actively lift fog of war then keep them with the main army.

Above all, don't ever go into the Stormlands. The enemy will outmaneuver you every time and the only way to run is into a dead-end peninsula. The Boneway will never show mercy. If you want to raze the south while bringing more men down the Neck then stick to the Reach and the Prince's Pass.

Thank you so much for this, I'll try attacking the reach instead, the throwaway force is also a great idea

Some one mentioned the rapid fire reinforcement levies, are they working as intended or is that a bug

- I got bizarre inheritance senarios. When playing as Eddard Stark, we lost the war of the usurper after a 25 year war; but I declared independence almost immediately after. Eddard died in a trial by combat duel against the captured hand of the king (should have made my champion winter exposure)...instead of his son 'Robb' inheritting the kingdom or the paramountship, it went to Robb's son instead, I found that to be very bizarre. Is it becasue Robb was next in line to the kingdom of the north and got cut out of the succession as a peace term?

This is something we noted and we're working on. It is mostly a vanilla bug.

Anyway to allow lesser lords (in my case Howland Reed) follow their lieges army? I know you cant follow an army that isnt an ally (blue colour) But more than once o had my army trying to manually follow my lieges, but it get stomped because sometimes my liege´s army moves, and mine starts moving a day or 2 later. This causes enemy AI doom stack to smash my 1.5k army.

I agree that the garrison numbers need to be looked at.

Casterly Rock is virtually unassailable because it requires more men to siege than it has supplies to support in the province.

Cute in a hyperbolic way, but not particularly logical -- you could realistically siege it with less men if you simply waited out their supplies once you've already annihilated all of their other armies, but that isn't how CK2 functions purely as a videogame.

Edit - This is mostly just important to me because I resurrected the house of Reyne with the Ruler Creator, and am in a good position to seize power.

Rains of Castamere my butt. ;)

So, I put the files in my mod folder for CK2, but when I start the CK@ launcher it doesn't show up as a playable option?

We really need to include installation instructions with the next release...

Make sure you extracted ALL the files into your installation directory (C:\Program Files(x86)\Paradox Interactive (or: \steam\steamapps\common)\Crusader Kings II\mod), not your my documents directory.

The main issue people are having is they are not including Game of Thrones.mod. Windows wrongly associates this file with Windows Movie Maker, it is not a movie file and it is a vital part of the mod!

Hey. Freys should be agnatic only. They always skip the woman in the line of succession.

Most dynasties should be agnatic only.

Also the iron islands shipyards is missing a name in the english localisation it looks like

I want to make a couple of changes to the mod:

1) I want to remove the restriction on technology progression
2) I want to reset the level of technology to 1066 Western Europe level
3) I want to remove the bar on fleets

What files do I need to edit to do this?

Also, I can't seem to get fabricate claim to work. Is it working for anybody else? Because I've tried on several games in different regions to get it to work and it never does.

3) I want to remove the bar on fleets

I have no comments on the other two, but I can assure you, you don't want to do this. Giving the CK2 military AI a handful of ships is like giving a toddler a bottle of arsenic.

Most dynasties should be agnatic only.

Also the iron islands shipyards is missing a name in the english localisation it looks like

People, bugs in the bug thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.