• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a little bug:

I am playing as the Iron Isles and the Event "your son comes wearing.... - did you pay the iron price?!" Event... but I noticed: the son involved in this event died to a mysterious accident years ago.

Forgot to make a screeny of it :(

So, question for all the general folks playing this...

Am I alone in noticing that the Finger Dance is the leading cause of death among the Ironborn males? Would like to see some more feedback other than my handful of playthroughs, but it seems almost overwhelmingly so that Ironborn die maimed cripples as a result of the Finger Dance, typically before they reach 30 to boot. Meanwhile, the few who survive are either the lucky ones who are maimed and haven't died of it yet, or are Cravens.

Would absolutely love to change this (or get someone to change it) if it's really as big of an issue in the Iron Islands as I currently believe.

Arrrgh the War of the Usurper just won't end! It keeps constantly getting reset back to zero percent!

I played as the duke of Harrenhall and after the war, I was receiving an awful lot of banquet requests -- meanwhile, every ruler was on good terms with all of their vassals. I couldn't find a single ruler who had any vassals at risk of revolting.

There doesn't seem to be much "in it" for these Lord Paramounts to rebel on their own.

I think the Finger Dance does take a large toll on the Ironborn as well. I noticed it myself.

However, a far more important issue I noticed was that Eddard Stark never had Robert Stark, Jon Snow, or Bran... He had Sansa and Arya, then another couple of girls. I can understand the randomness of not having Bran or even Jon Snow, but shouldn't Rob Stark have been born at the start of the War of the Usurper? I was fairly certain that the books said Rob stark was the product of Eddard and Catelyn's marriage night celebration, before Eddard ran off to fight with Robert Baratheon.

Huh. I've encountered.. I think it's a bug. Sansa Stark has had a bastard, which has no father.

Just had a little bug:

I am playing as the Iron Isles and the Event "your son comes wearing.... - did you pay the iron price?!" Event... but I noticed: the son involved in this event died to a mysterious accident years ago.

Forgot to make a screeny of it :(
Well that's weird. I put a check in so that the child has to be alive, so that shouldn't happen anymore.

However, a far more important issue I noticed was that Eddard Stark never had Robert Stark, Jon Snow, or Bran... He had Sansa and Arya, then another couple of girls. I can understand the randomness of not having Bran or even Jon Snow, but shouldn't Rob Stark have been born at the start of the War of the Usurper? I was fairly certain that the books said Rob stark was the product of Eddard and Catelyn's marriage night celebration, before Eddard ran off to fight with Robert Baratheon.
Unfortunately, there's no way to have Catelyn be pregnant and ensure that the child will be a son named Robb. All in all, you've got pretty good chances of getting the proper Stark children with the lore event.

Huh. I've encountered.. I think it's a bug. Sansa Stark has had a bastard, which has no father.

Even weirder, she's just had two more bastards.

Their father? Eddard Stark.

Keep 'em goin' Aemon!

nWW5v.jpg

Even weirder, she's just had two more bastards.

Their father? Eddard Stark.

This can happen in the actual game as well so it isn't a bug in the mod, for some reason it appears that when the option to take on a mistress appears for a ruler it selects a random woman at the rulers court has I had a game in default CK2 in which my king was offered to take a mistress who was also his daughter. I have also seen women have bastard children with no father, as in that same game my characters mother after her husband died of old age, had a child that had no father and was considered a bastard.

This can happen in the actual game as well so it isn't a bug in the mod, for some reason it appears that when the option to take on a mistress appears for a ruler it selects a random woman at the rulers court has I had a game in default CK2 in which my king was offered to take a mistress who was also his daughter. I have also seen women have bastard children with no father, as in that same game my characters mother after her husband died of old age, had a child that had no father and was considered a bastard.

I believe there's an event that can fire where your unwed daughter can have a bastard child that she hides until she gives birth, and then you have to decide what to do with it. Don't believe it actually chooses a father, however, so this might've been what was happening.

Arrrgh the War of the Usurper just won't end! It keeps constantly getting reset back to zero percent!

Indeed, i played some duchy from the north for some time just to see how the AI handles the war and boy, it sure didn't go well.

More than a decade after the start of the war now and the situation is still pretty much the same.

But well, it's always best to play with some friends anyway.

If you can give me an event ID I'll look into it.

I am playing as the Iron Islands and i had captured most the west coast of the north, but when i managed to assassinate Eddard, suddenly i lost all my taken regions, is this a bug? Or deliberately in the game?

I think the Finger Dance does take a large toll on the Ironborn as well. I noticed it myself.

Catelyn should naybe have the pregnant trait at the start of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.