• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A cool thought for an independent Iron Isles; Two new declare war types.

1) Raid, in which you select a coastal county for your target and attack it. If you successfully siege all of the holdings, you get a 100% warscore, and your peace offering reward is an amount of gold and prestige directly scaled to how powerful/numerous/rich the holdings you took were, and the same amount of gold and prestige is taken away from the liege of whoever holds the county.
2) Haven't decided what to name this one yet, but it would basically be an invasion/holy war in which the Iron Isles, similiar to certain events of the books, launch an invasion of one of the kingdoms in hopes of conquering either the entire kingdom or atleast a large chunk of it. But, of course, the entire land is likely to unite against such an outside threat from the isles... unless of course the land is in disarray due to warring on each other!

Just a couple of thoughts on how to improve the Iron Isles a little. Haven't played any of the other lands yet, so no real opinion on those.

Brotherly ties aren't everything: I mean, look at Renly Baratheon and Stannis Baratheon fighting the boy called Joffre Baratheon. Renly and Stannis share no love.
Certainly not the major boost you're talking about.
Renly was the baby of the family. Robert and Stannis were already grown men when Renly was just a boy. By the time Renly arrived at court, Robert had long been a king. Robert enjoyed his little brother being a showboat and taking after him, but he didn't really know the guy. He had been away for too long. This can be represented by the friendships and rivalries that will form between children in the same location (whenever that feature is ready to be implemented).

As for Stannis, Robert said he loved him as a brother, but he didn't like that his brother was such a hardass. Stannis blamed Robert for robbing him of the Stormlands, but Robert saw it as him showing his brother respect by giving him the historical seat of the heir to the Iron Throne, which at the time he was. Just different and opposing personality traits stacking up to override the family modifier.

Oh, let's see, House Lannister is going to be inherited, unless Cersei has another kid, by a Tully girl, and the Starks are going to own the North AND the Riverlands, at least for a generation.
I had the Lannisters die off and the Westerlands pass to a cadet branch of the Greyjoys. The Ironborn became the True Greyjoys and the cadet branch became the Green Greyjoys. The claims they had on each other lead to a massive civil war that lasted for decades, in the middle of a winter so long that Sunspear was in Harsh Winter for years.

In CK2, it's almost impossible to get someone to their 80s, and yet in Westeros you have quite a number of important people reaching that age: Walder Frey, for example, is what, 74, at game start? And yet, in the story he lives another 14 years, at least.
It might just be the health of starting characters being down-shifted because they're old when that value is assigned. In my playthroughs, once you get past the canon generations you have people living well into their 70s and 80s. Half the time you end up with a Kingsguard full of Ser Grandfathers.[/QUOTE]

How do you convert files to the .ogg format?
Audacity writes to .ogg.

Yeah Randyll Tarly is the best fighter in the game at game start, strong trait, formidable fighter, valyrian steel sword, brilliant commander. Played a game as him centred entirely around winning tournaments forever but I could never keep my heir as a formidable fighter for long, unfortunately, as they always end up either not skilled enough or maimed.
I think the canon Randyll Tarly understands your pain.

I was speaking of if the Isles get independence and the reigning party crowns themselves the Iron King. I was playing as Balon and won a war of independence, then set myself up as Iron King Balon, but it was still Gavelkind. If there's an Iron King, the succession should default to the Kingsmoot (IE Elective).
Balon had no intention of giving up the Seastone Chair at a kingsmoot. Certainly not so long as Euron roamed the Summer Sea. Damphair kind of ruined things for everyone.

However, it's been several thousand years since the last time they had one, and it's only because of Damphair that they call another. And he's not Damphair yet.
Harren the Black was Iron King when Aegon roasted him and his sons. The Greyjoys were elected after that.

I hope there will be more events added to the mod. After the Usurper's War the game pretty much becomes boring and nothing actually big happens.
Try a new game. It all depends on the random number gods. Sometimes it can hold itself together, sometimes the realm shatters every other generation.

I just started a Stark-game. The War of the Usurper was finished quickly - I had barely managed to call my banners and lay siege to Kings's Landing when the war ended. Funny enough - the Targaryn's (Aerys, Rhaegar, Rhaella, etc....all of them) fled to the court of Three Towers and became court-members there. Robert married Lyanna and they're having kiddos. Eddard and Cat had 5 sons and 1 daughter before Cat passed away at the age of 31. Robb is now the Heir of Winterfell and (if i recall right) the Heir to the Riverlands too, once old Hoster dies.

I have a claim fabricated on Three Towers, but it's all the way down there next to Old Town and I dunno if I can get an army all the way down there to wipe out all of the Targs.

How do I install this with Steam?

How do I install this with Steam?
Put dem files in dem mod folder in dem CK2 folder in dem common folder in dem steam apps folder in dem steam folder in dem program files folder in dem C drive.

minor suggestion for your mod maybe make the tagaryen wedding a decision rather then a random event and allow you to arrange it for your heir and not just yourself. As it is now it only seems to go off for me and does not allow me to pick my heir as the subject for the marriage which is bad since I cant marry them together unless my current character dies which could be very well past the fertile chance for my two tagaryens thus making this rather pointless since they wont produce heirs to further the pure high valyrian blood line. XD

• 1Like
Reactions:
So Lord Paramount Jamie Clegane; the son of Gregor Clegane and Cersei Lannister, just married the daughter of Aerys Targaryen and, erm, Jeyne Poole. His sister married Samwell Tarly.

Then King Rhaegar died of syphilis and a 65 year old Robert Baratheon declared independence with the aid of his wife, Lady Paramount Arianne of Dorne.

Ned is Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Benjen is at war with Ned's daughter.

Tyrion married Asha Greyjoy then got murdered by Cersei.

I love this mod.

All the thrones bar dorn should be agnatic rather than agnatic-cognatic. I've had Catelyn inherit the Riverlands twice in a row now, when really the Blackfish should have taken over.

Castlemere has no castle building in it at all so is virtually worthless.

Is it really intended to not let us improve the castle level at all? (they require tech 10!)

Nerf Garison sizes.

Harren the Black was Iron King when Aegon roasted him and his sons. The Greyjoys were elected after that.
Asha smiled. “And miss the first kingsmoot called in . . . how long has it been, Nuncle?”

“Four thousand years, if Haereg can be believed. Half that, if you accept Maester Denestan’s arguments in Questions."

Aegon the Conqueror allowed the surviving Ironborn lords to elect their new leader, but it doesn't appear to have ever been considered a formal kingsmoot.

Castlemere has no castle building in it at all so is virtually worthless.
Castamere is supposed to be worthless. There's nothing there anymore. Giving it to someone is supposed to serve as a reminder to whomever needs to be put in their place. Buildings are being worked on, their current state just ensures basic functionality. This is only the first release.

What I'm really surprised at is that nobody's taken a screenshot of Tywin Lannister with the "Offended Moneylenders" modifier.

For those of us running Crusader Kings II through Steam and experiencing the crash at startup (after we successfully extract the mod folder and .mod file, and then enable the mod via menu):

Are we to assume this is caused by Steam updating us to v1.05g? If so, is there a workaround for this issue? Several of us are waiting with bated breath for the chance to try this mod. Any information is very appreciated

Yes, go after his personal demenese, while he bussies his armied by capturing random capitals and wandering about.

You could also just stomp his forces, as the AI almost always devides them and keep them out of supporting range. And if by chance he does walk aorund with a huge stack, it will soon whittle down due to attrition, while they capture some stoney, poor, province on the fringes.

The Combat AI sucks as it does in vanilla.

I've been getting stomped, he divides his forces, but then quickly merges them with the reach or dorne forces and I get smashed. My vassels get upset because i have to drag all the troops from the north..any gains is wiped out by a huge doom stack, and I can't storm his forces (so I can quickly get territory) because he has so many forces defending his castle (5k troops defending the walls?!).

I'll have to try something else..i'm sorta venting.

For those of us running Crusader Kings II through Steam and experiencing the crash at startup (after we successfully extract the mod folder and .mod file, and then enable the mod via menu):

Are we to assume this is caused by Steam updating us to v1.05g? If so, is there a workaround for this issue? Several of us are waiting with bated breath for the chance to try this mod. Any information is very appreciated
I'm running V.1.05G with my GamersGate version of the game and it runs fine. Anyway, V.1.05G had litterly one sodding change from 1.05F so it should be causing no issues. I would suggest reinstalling your CKII and the mod and if your prior issue persists notify the team here.

I have no problems at all (Steam/1.05g)

Status
Not open for further replies.