• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sir Sean said:
p.s. tell me did you bother to defend your two provances in Crimea cos they have used up all my money claimed millions of lives and takern me to my knees

Yea...um i released them as a vassal (cuman) in the beggining of the game, I always find that provinces far away in between the paths of two superpowres (adventually OE and Russia, and lithuania sometimes goes there too) arent usually worth keeping, especially since trucking people over there can waste a lot of time and effort

Excellent result in the Austrian war. Now surely the peninsular will enter a new era of prosperity - and perhaps peace?

Nahh, not while Venice is free! ;)

Alright, thanks everyone yea i was pretty happy with that result, although a more challenging war could of been fun but im not complaining. Anyways, i might not get another update out for a few days to a week so i apologize everyone (although i may get one out sooner).

So I was right... :D Still, it looks like you did a great job in the war against Austria. Where were their armies? Anyway, keep it up.

SirruShan said:
Where were their armies?

Well, first off after having been in multiple wars with Venice, Bavaria, Bohemia, Other German Minors, Burgundy and multiple rebellions, their army got pretty destroyed. Besides that, as said before, most of the Austrian Army was at Lorraine a majority of the war, and our army had a victory against their 10k.

As said before, i expected more of a challenge, although i am not complaining.

Well, first off after having been in multiple wars with Venice, Bavaria, Bohemia, Other German Minors, Burgundy and multiple rebellions, their army got pretty destroyed. Besides that, as said before, most of the Austrian Army was at Lorraine a majority of the war, and our army had a victory against their 10k.

As said before, i expected more of a challenge, although i am not complaining.
Oh I see. I should pay more attention to the text, not just the pretty pictures :rolleyes: I admit though, a bit of a challenge would of been good. I mean, we're talking AUSTRIA here...

EDIT: Post 100. Something for the log. Though it's not much, I'm only errr... hang on a sec... 2900 posts away from using the avatar I made.

Part 8:

Peace was still present in the reign of Gian, except he got to overconfident and some of his policies weren’t very good (poor government policies).

Gian decided that the Venetians were the next target for a European nation’s dominance of the Mediterranean, and so, preparations were made to start a war. The 18000 man army of Venice was moved to the north, in the province of Mantua which bordered the city of Venice. Rumors of a city that each year pushed further into the ocean, with lions made of gold inspired the soldiers for their mission.
Scouts and spies (One boat/our vision in Venice) were sent out to reveal that there was a mere 4000 men defending Venice, and only 10 ships docked there. It was also revealed that Venice had 3000 men in Corfu, and 1000 men in Hellas, but they were busy attacking the Ottoman Empire. Lastly, Ragusa contained a majority of the Venetian army, which consisted of 12000 men.

The Genoese fleet docked in Ancona, where the same plan as before would be used in the war in an effort to keep the Venetian navy at bay.

The armies of Genoa lost in the invasion of Venice as they trudged through the Venetian swamps, but now only 2000 men there remained to defend the area. The navy did better and won a close battle against the Venetian navy.

A few months later, the Genoese army invaded once again, this time defeating the weak defenders, and the siege of Venice began. The fleet of Genoa also pursued the Venetian Navy after yet another victory.

Phillipe De Ravenstein came to the Genoese throne in the middle of the war, and he was all for the war. The Cretans were so amazed at the continuous victories up and down the Mediterranean, that they converted to Catholicism, knowing only God could make the Genoese navy so great. T

Thanks to the economy of Gian, Phillipe was able to raise larger and larger armies for the war as well.

In the battle of L'Ultimo Combattimento, which translates to the final battle, Venices last ships sunk to the bottom of the Adriatic, eliminating their internal connections between much of the kingdom. After that battle, none of the regions (highlighted in green), could communicate or send troops to each other, unless Ottoman Territory was crossed.

In December of 1499, Venice was captured and plundered, and the armies made preparations to move into the Slavic territories, Dalmatia, Bosnia and Ragusa. An Italian Engineer to improve siege techniques was hired to help out in the sieging of the Slavic provinces of Venice. The war situation now looked like this:

Phillipe sent 2000 men to occupy Ragusa and Dalmatia, while the rest of the Genoese army marched north to Bosnia. Right around now Venice made peace with the Ottomans, giving them a large sum of money.

4 Venetian galleys, probably quickly and poorly built, were sunk in the bay of Venice, and those ships couldn’t even be considered a Navy. 6000 men were raised for the invasion of Corfu.

The Failed Invasion Of Corfu

Bad news came as we heard the 6000 men failed in taking Corfu, and lost to the 2000 men stationed there, but a day later, good news came as Bosnia was now captured and the force sieging that moved on to Ragusa.

More great news came as an exceptional year happened, and we gained 100 ducats and our inflation decreased by 5% as the market flourished.
An invasion of southern Greece in the region of Morea was being prepared for, while Dalmatia was still being sieged.

The first invasion of Moria failed just as Zara in Dalmatia was taken over. Now the armies in the Slavic regions moved on to Ragusa, whilst the first invasion of Morea failed, but the Venetian army there, commanded by a Greek colonel, lost most of it’s Greek soldiers, and as the Italian soldiers from Venice were the only ones to survive, communication between the troops and commander was horrible, and the army lost in the second battle. Our troops now occupied Morea, making sure that no troops were raised and slaughtering all who left their fortress’s stalwart walls.

8000 troops were raised with the money from the new Year of 1503, and traveled by boat to reinforce the weary and homesick troops in Morea, where the siege of Nafplion was to begin. Spies reported one major dilemma, which would have to be dealt with in the future, which was the 12000 troops which had been raised on the Island of Corfu. Phillipe thought it best to finish the siege of Ragusa, which would mean we had total dominance of the Slavic region Venice controlled.

In the August of 1503, Ragusa was finally captured and the men sieging it were preparing to be sent to Morea, were that would be crushed by the Genoese “Bestia”, Or Beast, as some began to refer to the Genoese Military. The war for the western Venetian possessions was complete, now just the east was left to rot as the Venetians there were able to sit and contemplate their impending doom...

To Be Continued...

The next half of the war will come very soon, iv just been busy and wanted to get an update out to you guys, hope you enjoyed :)

You're doing a great job! Really fun to read, too. I'll definitely keep my eyes on this one. Of course, after you defeat Venice, you'll the bulwark of Christendom against the Ottoman hordes, so goo thing you're getting some advance espionage with all the battles and the old Tuscan families who must have moved back from Hellas (since the Ottomans seem to be in Athens now...)

Keep up the excellent work!

Ahh, Venice has fallen. Let the bells ring, and the people shout! Command that no one have downcast eyes, and that no one look mournful or sad on this glorious day. From all time henceforth, on this day, it every street let it be proclaimed: Venice has fallen!

Ok,thank you everyone, yes so far it is a very good war.
I just want to make sure that all of you understand this update contains only half of the war, The half in which Venice, Bosnia, Ragusa and Dalmatia, The West were captured. The second half which will come later will involve how the rest of the war plays out in the east, in which Venice contains Corfu, Morea, Cyprus and Ionia.

An excellent aar! :)

Part 9

Morea was captured next, and the combined force of the men who captured Ragusa and the Men who captured Morea, all boarded onto the Royal Genoese Fleet, where they prepared for an amphibious assault on the island of Corfu, where there was a heavy Venetian resistance of 15000 makeshift, but organized, Greeks ready to fight under the Venetian flag. The 27000 Genoese soldiers stormed onto the shore, charging towards the Venetian barricade.

In an incredibly close battle, after the brave and stalwart Genoese men suffered nearly 20000 casualties, the biggest loss in Genoese history ever, the Genoese were victorious, and stood victorious over a field of 15000 Greek corpses.

The siege of Corfu had now begun. More men were trained to begin the invasion of the Ionian Archipelago, as Genoa was now gaining about 100 ducats each year and had plenty of money for the Genoese military. The newly raised 16000 men to attack Ionia departed from Roma, and in 1506, Paola da Nova rose to power, vowed that by the end of the war, Venice would be reduced to one city and its surrounding land, as well as have to pay a monthly tribute to Genoa.

Around the same time as the victorious amphibious invasion of Ionia, an art of war which Genoa had by now mastered, a breach was made in the walls of Corfu.

Paolo, was now relatively relaxed about the war and his ambitious goal, but news came that struck a little bit of doubt in his heart, that an army of 25000 men waited in Cyprus, and more were being trained. He responded by recruiting more men, who would help with this final invasion and last straw of Venetian resistance. By December of 1406, Corfu had fallen, and the newly trained men and the army that captured Corfu, would, after a little rest, help in Ionia, then at Crete the Genoese army would then gather up one last time for the Amphibious invasion that would mean fall of Venice.

Rodolphe de Lannoy rose to power, after Paolo was assassinated by the Lannoy family (assassination of noble), [Same stats as paolo].

Ionia fell in the September of 1507, and the men there were transported to Crete, where they would then attack Cyprus.

Right before the invasion of Cyprus, spies reported that the army had grown to 33000, under an experience general. Rodolphe responded by building 14000 more men back in Italy. They were then shipped to Crete, and Rodolphe prayed more men wouldn’t be built on that Island. 33000 in number, they loaded onto their ships again to repeat a familiar process. When they reached Cyprus however, Ottoman Scum were around the city, and the Ottoman general was commanding the Siege!!!

Rodolphe, with a country tired of war, finally decided to make peace with the Venetians, and to leave Cyprus to fall to the Ottomans.

Finally! In 1510, the Venetian scum accepted a piece of them giving us Ionia, Morea, Corfu, Ragusa and Dalmatia. The long war that reduced Venice to insignificance was now over, and although Venice was not vassalized, there was time for that, and many of the people were getting tired of war. Rodolphe considered waiting for the Ottomans to make peace, but that could take an eternity, and as he learned of his peoples unhappiness, an advisor quoted a line from an ancient Greek play, which was recovered in Morea, saying “What is so splendid about a king who rules over a desert island?” Rodolphe pondered this and finally accepted peace, as many regions were almost certain to rebel soon. And so, the maps were reprinted and the Genoese empire now looked like this:

Now, many considered Genoa to be a European Power, and also served partly as a bunker between Christendom and the Muslim world.

A very good peace deal. Venice can surely be dealt with later. Now the important business of defending these new acquisitions and properly incoporating them into Empire must commence.