• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice AAR so far, good going ingame. Not really anything to remark on except a few minor errors. Write whatever you want, as that always presents the best results. I like the length of your updates.

Ok thanks everyone,
regarding my writing....I might just try and keep it the same now until the next AAR i do, maybe ill add a little more detail. I think i am going to maybe characterize a little more, not sure about dialoug. (Might not use it)
I will also write more about peace times, like events and such...(so like for assasination of noble, id make up a whole story about what lead to it?)

Lastly, i am getting very concerned with Tuscany Battlebunny, they are at an incredibly strategic point being surrounded by me, having a large army, and having a navy to prevent landings. They are in numerous wars, and always in them, (although my ally), and im just hoping they get a little beat up soon.

I am pretty sure ill get another update out by the end of this weekend. Anyone have any other comments etc.
Need to find somethng really to end it on, since ending it on, "and more and more merchants from genoa appeared in europe...would just suck.

Last edited:
Part IV
Pietro Di Campofregoso, the new leader, no longer had the peaceful views of his predecessors, and wanted to have the influence he saw the pope had over the world, so he declared war, planning on making them his vassals. He could then influence the decisions of the pope.

The armies of Genoa assembled in Marche, and 6000 men were sent to Romagna, and 6000 to Roma itself. 1000 men were sent to occupy the small towns on the southern tip of Italy, to make sure no one tried to train troops.

The troops in Rome once again plundered the riches of over one thousand years of history, one by one the cities fell, first the city of Bologna, and then the great city of Rome came into Genoese hands once again. Young Pietro visited the city himself, and was amazed. He saw the ruins of the Coliseum, and Ruins of the Roman Baths, and and lastly Il Piazzo Di San Pietro and made it his wish for all his children to come to eventually rule over the city, as expressed in his document, La Dottrina Di Pietro.

The city of Taranto took longer to capture, only because the foolish Italian peasants would never cooperate. Multiple times, to no effect, they would ambush our troops, other times, they would try to cut down trees over things like roads in the night to prevent or advance resulting in the burning of many villages and the killing of many. The general was left with no choice, as otherwise the armies would get killed. The peasants finally figured it out, and the city was taken 9 months later.

At first the Papal States offered us Romagna and Apulia and 100 ducats, but Pietro wanted to have influence on the Pope, and his money too. We accepted Romagna, and vassalization of the Papal states, and the south tip of Italy and the ever more desired province of Roma were still under papal control.

Genoa now had great wealth, about 800 ducats in the treasury by year 1455, from not spending much over the past while. Inflation was around 6% though, and no monthly income began being sent to the treasury. However, this was quickly spent on promoting more tax collectors and increasing relations.

Genoese merchants began to appear all throughout Europe, slowly creating more and more stores and businesses, at a rate much faster than the Genoese went out of business. Pietro once laughed at the prospect of one day Genoese merchants even flooding the canal-side streets of Venice.

Pietro also realized his country was proud to claim, the second largest city in Europe, only next to the former capital of the Byzantines. As Pietro wondered about the world more and more, after finding his city second to the ancient city of Constantinople, he began to realize how quickly France, who weren’t too particularly fond of the Genoese, were expanding in the west, and how large the german state of Austria was becoming. Immediately, some money and daughters were given to the two nations, in order to secure friendship.
In 1458, Lodovico Di Campofregoso, the oldest son of Pietro, rose to the throne.

Although Pietro was now dead, his dream of the Vatican being under Genoese control didn’t, and Lodovico would keep this goal, although with a more peaceful approach, and teach his sons the same way. Lodovico, sent an apology letter to the Pope, (although whether it was really sincere or even written by Lodovico is unknown), as well as a gift of 87 ducats.

Lodovico’s reign was completely in peace, and the army and navy were expanded.

He was then succeeded by Prosperro Adorno, who although wasn’t of the Campofregoso family, honored La Dottrina di Pietro.

Then, in May of 1965, Carrare, Leader of the Royal Fleet Of Genoa, was told by the new ruler of the country, Prosperro Adorno, to equip the ships with adequate food, to prepare the crew, and to ready it for war…

War looms with those Tuscans who have the temerity to divide the two halves of the Genoese Empire.

Neat job on territory from the Papacy, just a shame you could not take Apulia in the peace treaty.

You had not mentioned that you had a problem with your BB. What is your BB?

The traditional foe is Venice.You can certainly match them province for province. Time to clip those wings off their winged lion. V is for vassal, after all.

Very strong position, but threatened, implicity at the very least. Austria already seems to have Italian pretensions, France always does, and Tuscany, quite frankly, is just in the way.

Ok Thanks Everyone

Duke Of Wellington: Yes, my military really just needs to be stronger. Iv been playing some more and fought in a rather unsuccesful war (youll learn about it in next update, no real loss but no gain either), which showed me my military is lacking.

Chief Ragusa: I was actually lucky having i think one great reputation event...but as said before i played ahead, i think my badboy was around 8 at the time though (I never like to go high, especially with all eyes watching my playing ;P)
Throughout the peace times it has gone down quite a bit though. Yes, Venice will be a target soon, I think i want them to get a little "rumbled up" by the ottomans, (and speaking of ottomans they lost a war to wallachia which is now like 6 provinces.)

Stnylan: yes they are really in the way of my italian domination. relations with france are nuetral, Austria likes me however.

But again with the next update, no one be surprised if the first war didnt have to many gains for us in it...youll get to find out about it later though :)

Last edited:
This update well say...takes an upward twist,

PART V

The alliance with Tuscany was over, And Prosperro joined the more powerful alliance along with Castile and Portugal. This dragged him into war against Kleves, Strassburg, Bavaria, Eire, and Cologne. The navy of Genoa, was to adventually be sent all the way to the land of the Burgundians, and the Army possibly into the territory of countries like Strassburg through the lands of the Austrians.

England also declared war on Spain, and honoring our alliance declared war.

A few naval victories again Burgundy were made at first, but then the Genoese navy lost to the Navy of Burgundy, who were cloaked by the fog that night.
The tides of battle with Burgundy started to change not in the sea, but on land.

Our armies scourged the land of Bourgougne, and we had the city surrounded as we moved into Franche Compte, but then after winning there, we were constantly in a retreat after the battle that changed the war, when their 1000 men defeated us. Thanks to a few successful naval battles after our initial loss, a white peace was made. Although more troops could have been raised, Adorno thought more money would have been spent to win the war than to just have a white peace.

The navy was now focusing on England, isolating them from everything, we began to blockade their ports, and when a battle happened, we would win.

Then, the city of Piemonte was attacked by the English. The army was repelled, but how they got there was unknown. Was the English Navy in the Mediterranean? This troubled the Genoese Nobility, and people were divided on whether bringing the navy back to the Mediterranean was necessary. It was decided that the Navy should stay near England, after our power was truly realized after winning a battle in the Saint Georges Channel.

Finally peace was accepted with England that they pay us 50 ducats. Adorno was losing popularity however, as it seemed to the public there had been much loss for a little gain. Either way, Genoa was still doing well, and England’s newly built navy had been reduced to insignificance. Adorno made a joke about how England would now be the “Moneymaker” of Genoa, as this wasn’t the first time an easy naval war had been fought to make money.

Another time for restoration was now here, and Genoa was nearing a Golden Age.

Then-In June of 1470, Adorno met with Lorenzo Il Magnifico, the King of the Florentines in Florence, and Paulus II, the Pope, after presenting each with numerous riches and an amazing meal…La Dichiarazione di Unificazione was brought up, a proposal by Genoa, to combine his two vassals Tuscany and Papal States into his realm. This would mean that the Pope would still have power over the church, just from a city of Genoa. Lorenzo was the first to agree, finally followed by the Pope after consulting with the cardinals. For the first time since the Roman Empire, Italy was unified!

Adorno then joined an alliance along with France and the Hated People of Savoy, but Adorno was able to tolerate them still.

A statue of Adorno portrayed on a horse was constructed in both Rome and Genoa, he became incredibly fed up with himself leading him to go insane (insanity of the monarch).

Adorno was looked upon well now, despite him not gaining much in his wars, and the second part of his reign was said to be the first Golden Age of Genoa.

The new nation once again became partially split when France declared war on an Austrian Alliance,
Adorno ended up declining, not wishing to risk his reputation in another war.

An alliance was joined along with Scotland, Gelre, Aragon and Prussia, who were at war with Sweden and Denmark, to far north for us to be concerned with.

More and more merchants were sent throughout Europe now, and it was now rare to walk down a street in Mecklenburg and Antwerpen without seeing Genoese Merchants, and you couldn’t look anywhere in Geneva without them being seen.

In 1474, the great revolt of Rome happened, where 16000 Romans revolted, angered by the Pope not controlling any land. The revolt was quickly put down, with 3000 casualties, and after the hanging of the rebel leader, Alfredo Vittoro, people began to respect the Genoese rule over Rome.

The end of the revolt marked the begginging of the world’s recognition of Genoese power in Italy, hopefully to last for years to come….

Ahhh, Italy is (more or less) united. If only Austria could be persuaded to relinquish its hold on the Lombard north, and Venice made to realise its independence is an anachronism.

Congratulations on uniting Italy south of the Po. An alliance with somebody is needed to deal with the Big White Blob a.k.a. Austria.

At only 8 your BB isvery low. You will not have to worry about needing CBs to declare war on people, whilst you have Rome every Catholic power has a free permanent CB on you. Bravery is a noted Genoese trait.

Chief Ragusa said:
...whilst you have Rome every Catholic power has a free permanent CB on you. Bravery is a noted Genoese trait.

Yea...I really became sort of...scared...when i saw there was a red Europe and I wasnt really sure why....thanks for clearing that up.
[
URL=http://imageshack.us]
confuzingha2.png
[/URL]

So...um...will Protestant and Reformed nations all have CBs on me?

Did everyone else lose interest and its just us 4 :eek: ...

well regardless i think you guys will be pleased as to teh next update. Iv been working on it today, would of had it finished had the game not kept exiting (one of those windows error messages popped up every now and then).

No no. Keep writing I am reading along, just silently is all. I like to observe and see what you do. And I havent played EU2 for a good year or 2 and now that I want to my copy is at home and im at school. And to think I bothered to bring Victoria. Im so sick of it and all I want to do is played some friggin EU2. Keep writing though im getting ideas of what im gonna do when i get it back in a month and half.

Oh and Steam is broken so no CS for me either. Is their anyway of getting EU2 through download? I don't mean illegally and I know its not the place to ask but I'd be willing to pay like 10 bucks for a downloadable copy or soemthing.

I'm reading and enjoying it. Nice to see you conquer Italy. They're usually the last Catholic nation I conquer (for reasons you know) but you seem to be in a good position.