• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Vamp

First Lieutenant
56 Badges
Oct 26, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • March of the Eagles
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Hey, long time Paradox player here. I'm a bald guy and honestly disappointed by the lack of representation of male pattern baldness in CK3. Every single character in the starting year has an unrealistically full head of hair, no matter what age. Seems like a silly thing to complain about but I hope Paradox (or realism modders) will throw a bone to us bald guys at some point and incorporate a little more baldness into the game.

Last edited:
  • 19Like
  • 14Haha
Reactions:
I hadn't thought of this until I saw your post. And now I think it is definitely a very important thing that is missing from the game. Male pattern baldness definitely needs to be in!

• 7Haha
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
There is a "no Hair" option in the Barbershop. It is more of a "Miltiary Buzzcut", then actuall baldness. Also it seems barely ever used.

It is noteworthy that profession can override the Hairdo - christian monks got that donut/halo cut.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
There is a "no Hair" option in the Barbershop. It is more of a "Miltiary Buzzcut", then actuall baldness. Also it seems barely ever used.

It is noteworthy that profession can override the Hairdo - christian monks got that donut/halo cut.
I think the OP might be asking for various degrees of baldness not just a "no hair" option.

• 2Like
Reactions:
As CK3 grows, I hope its hairlines recede to your liking. :D

Seriously this is a great idea and I hope the devs dedicate some graphics time to both adding a wider variety of hairstyles (and "lack of hair" styles).

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I like the idea of having a bald gene in the pool. Those people who want it in their family could go looking around for families with baldness in the grandparents and those who would prefer not could check for old-age luxuriancy. :p

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have been thinking about this and realised the problem Paradox would be trying to avoid. They have spent enormous efforts in getting characters to age seamlessly from infancy to old age and to transition to bald would be all but impossible without a sharp step. Any blending would have to take account of each of the hair styles as well which would be a lot of work. :confused:

Reactions:
I have been thinking about this and realised the problem Paradox would be trying to avoid. They have spent enormous efforts in getting characters to age seamlessly from infancy to old age and to transition to bald would be all but impossible without a sharp step. Any blending would have to take account of each of the hair styles as well which would be a lot of work. :confused:
Male characters go from not having a hair on their chin at 17 to full bushy beard at 18. I don't think it's as huge a problem as you make it sound, clearly there are already certain age breakpoints and not just gradual year by year transitions with a couple wrinkles added each time.

• 3Like
Reactions:
imagine being bald in 2020

just grow hair lol
That's the good thing about 2020. Corona has made the year a negative overall, so it's nice that at least we are finally able to grow hair at will rather than being at the mercy of nature and environment. :)

Hey, long time Paradox player here. I'm a bald guy and honestly disappointed by the lack of representation of male pattern baldness in CK3. Every single character in the starting year has an unrealistically full head of hair, no matter what age. Seems like a silly thing to complain about but I hope Paradox (or realism modders) will throw a bone to us bald guys at some point and incorporate a little more baldness into the game.
Larry David, is that you?

• 1Haha
Reactions: