• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
90 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
Greetings everyone,
As you may or may not have noticed KoPP 2 is now Free to Play on mobile! This means that everyone can download and play the game without spending a dime, which is nice! We've compiled a short FAQ to answer some of most common questions.

I can't find it on the Apple store!
We know, it's coming! The certification process differs somewhat from that on the Android store.

I just started my game and all my progress is gone!
That is sadly one of the sideeffects of the update. All progress you've made, everything you've unlocked etc has been reset. To compensate for this we've provided you with a hefty amount of gold so you can purchase several things straight from the start without having to grind it back!

I want my save back!
It can't be done :(. It's not compatible with the new version of KoPP 2 and it's not possible to patch. Is it ideal? No, not at all, but it's sadly the way it has to be.

I want my money back!
Please contact the Apple or Android store and ask them for the refund. As the game wasn't bought via us we can't actually do the refunds from our end. It should also be noted that the amount you bought the game for is less than the value in gold that we are providing you with.

What about the DLC I purchased?
This can be restored by clicking the "Restore Purchases" button.

So does this mean the game will be the same as the old game?
Yes and no! The game is currently as awesome as it was before, however, we will be adding updates to the game moving forward. Exactly what this will be remains a well guarded secret but expect more quests, items and game play in the weeks to come!

Why are you doing this?
The game had its glory days back when we first released it and it was very popular. But, as with all things, time takes its toll and we saw a decline in users numbers, sales and general interaction. We were therefore faced with a choice: let the game disappear into history or "re-boot" it and create a Free To Play version to attract new fans and resurrect the brand. We went with option number 2. This also means that we will continue to update the game over the coming weeks with free updates providing a variety of things.

Reactions:
Hello,

I've started playing KoPP 2, because I found it in Google Play. I liked this game and then I realised, that it's possible to buy it on steam, so I did it. BUT now I have to say, that I'm really dissapointed by the paid version. Are you going to still update it? I can see that mobile version has much more to offer, so my question is - are you going to add the same stuff to the steam version? :)

I was wondering if you plan to add new quests in the future. I had a lot of fun with it and I would gladly spend my money to buy new expansions (or a KoP&P III, eventually).

Such a shame you've made it necessary to buy gems to be able to fully play the game.
There's no way to fully upgrade the Game Room, without paying for gems.. Watching ad's for 5 gems every couple of hours seems like a waste of time, considering the amount of gems needed to upgrade furniture or even purchase it.. Could you perhaps somehow change the way you'd use microtransactions? Don't make it NECESSARY to buy gems, make it optional. Add more than just the achievement function of collecting gems - Even with all achievements done, you wouldn't have enough gems to buy/upgrade everything in the Game Room..

Reactions:
Updated for visibility.

You greedy dirt bags should burn in hell for ruining the game. Now you need to spend at least $60 plus just to get half of everything. I mean seriously the warlock class costs $10 wtf. New and improved garbage.

Ok. You had made my really, really angry.
Are you stupidly greedy at this point to make a glorious game in an infamous garbage game? I was loving this game. I just want it back FULL AND PAYING. Cause it was Balanced, great and the end asked for a TEMPORAL AND AFFECTIVE investment. NOT A FREAKING BAG OF MONEY AND A SNAP!

You just runied it. If you want to make a garbage game make a new one! Do not spit at the mouth of those who support you and bought your content because they wanted a complete game without micro transactions

Now i invite my friends and the rest of the internet to boycott you're products untill that marvelous game had comme back in his original form.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Such a shame you've made it necessary to buy gems to be able to fully play the game.
There's no way to fully upgrade the Game Room, without paying for gems.. Watching ad's for 5 gems every couple of hours seems like a waste of time, considering the amount of gems needed to upgrade furniture or even purchase it.. Could you perhaps somehow change the way you'd use microtransactions? Don't make it NECESSARY to buy gems, make it optional. Add more than just the achievement function of collecting gems - Even with all achievements done, you wouldn't have enough gems to buy/upgrade everything in the Game Room..
Yeah it whas awesome when the game whas just completeable whith buying everything from InGame currency. The Game whas hard then but it whas encouraging to play and you did not feel bad to pay. Now it is just another prove why F2P is bad and you buy the game on Steam just for having it fair.

I just tried to play a new game after having beaten it awhile back and was unaware of what the "update" entailed. I am honestly shocked at what I found had been done to this previously wonderful game! People need to be made aware that the old 5 star reviews DO NOT apply to the current state of the game. The recent app store reviews are full of switches from 5 to 1 stars.

The great game we had paid for (cannot emphasize this part enough) has been reduced to ad and microtransaction laden garbage. Shameless greed (aka the "reboot"), with the hope of swindling 8yr olds and gaming addicts out of a few dollars, has taken shape in the form of the odious "f2p" model. There is even an in-app purchase that is around $50 iirc, the price of a FULL AAA GAME, wrapped up in what was once a simple <$10 rpg. This is the business strategy of a knock-off EA wannabe. Paradox how can you let yourself be associated with this?!

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

Edit: The pitch that this is to "resurrect the brand" is insulting also. If you really wanted to keep the brand alive and growing a good DLC or KOPP3 would've been the answer. This is just a cynical cash grab. Be real with your customers. We definitely pick up on the low opinion of us here.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Paradox doesn't seem to understand the basic methodology in software development that it's possible for a piece of software to reach "mature" status, i.e. for it to be FINISHED. This is evidenced in games like CK2, a game allegedly supposed to be about the middle ages which has now been absolutely stretched to the point that it's possible to mend the Great Schism before the Great Schism actually happens. KOPP2 is just another example of how Paradox can't seem to be able to finish a game and create a new one. That's the right decision most of the time. You create a game concept, you finish it to the point of feature completion, release it, then do DLC as additions to the base game, then eventually you make a new game.

Paradox doesn't get that sometimes it's better to make a new game instead of just piling **** onto an old one. KOPP2 was a finished game and they ruined it by shoving junk onto it.

I made this account solely because of how angry I am about KOPP2 and I'm not buying more Paradox junk when you talk about how big a problem piracy and then LITERALLY STEAL THE GAME I PAID FOR.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I made this account solely because of how angry I am about KOPP2 and I'm not buying more Paradox junk when you talk about how big a problem piracy and then LITERALLY STEAL THE GAME I PAID FOR.
No one stole anything from you. You still have the game, different though it may be.

You were, or should have been, sent compensation in the form of in-game items and gold worth more than the original cost of the game. If you did not receive that, please lodge a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com and we'll fix you up.

Reactions:
worth more than the original cost of the game.

Shall we drop this argument please? You can put an IAP tomorrow with 1 gold worth $100 and claim the 60,000 gold one gets on upgrade is worth 6 million USD.

60,000 + Shield is what a player gets when upgrading to Freemium game. 60,000 gold was insufficient to purchase all DLCs and game-room furniture, back when there were no diamonds involved. Moreover, 60,000 gold is about equivalent to 300 gold in the old, paid version.

My account at the time of upgrade had over 20,000 old gold (approx 4 million in Nugold) + completely decked furniture. By your argument I lost thousands of dollars in IAPs due to the upgrade... which is clearly not true. I lost nothing but time (and lots of it - was in the top5 on the ledger board).

Not going into reasons for the business decision PDX made, the argument that players were given sufficient compensation is obviously false to anyone who invested any time in the game. Definition on what PDX did there is called bait-and-switch, and people are right to be angry.

Reactions:
No one stole anything from you. You still have the game, different though it may be.

I don't have the game I paid for. I have a completely different game that is much worse and charges me large amounts of "gems" to buy stuff which I could previously get FOR FREE. You compensated me with coins, a currency made totally worthless by the introduction of gems.

I have a question for you. Would you be OK with me taking all the DLC for HOI4 from you without your consent so long as I pay you with in-game Money? Despite the fact that Money from HOI3 is totally useless in HOI4, I'm actually charging 20 USD for a single one, and I'm offering you 400 HOI3 monies, so I'm actually paying you $8000 for all the DLC. Of course, you're not allowed to decline this offer. Your only recourse is complaining to people, a lawsuit against me that isn't worth it in court costs alone to file, or just stealing the game that you're the rightful owner of.

You appear not to have learned any lessons from the fantasy worlds that you seek to emulate, because in your quest to unnaturally extend the lifespan of something that should've died long ago you've created a monster that now elicits revulsion in the people that used to love it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
don't have the game I paid for. I have a completely different game that is much worse and charges me large amounts of "gems" to buy stuff which I could previously get FOR FREE. You compensated me with coins, a currency made totally worthless by the introduction of gems.
If you feel you did not receive adequate compensation, I have offered to help you with that in a Zendesk ticket. I can't do it here.