• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sterkarm

The Honorable Judge Mental
51 Badges
Feb 13, 2004
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Welcome, if you've come upon this thread wondering what it is all about, I believe that instead of taking up space I will simply link you to this thread HERE is the thread I used to recruit players from the EU2 community for this game and the first post explains the game pretty well, I feel. Now, down to basics:

Latest Save File: Here

Time: Sundays 1100 EST/1700 CET

Players
(many, many spots are open as the nature of this game requires):

Sterkarm-The Mighty Emperor of Poland-Rus

Varyar-The Seafaring King of England

Kujy-The Last Bastion of Christianity: The King of Castille y Leon

Germax-The Crafty King of Venice

Sid Meier-The Ruthless Emperor of Millennial Byzantium

Richard II-The Inoffensive King of Italy

Jens Z-The Crusading King of France

Kaleb-The Watchful King of Naples

Open Realms:

**Hungary (may be open in the future)
**Portugal
* Burgundy
*-Scotland

** means it should be considered very necessary for balance

*- means it should be considered a secondary realm, not necessary for balance

Next Session: July 23rd

Last edited:
Just on outside question, do you ever play anything besides Polen? :p

GrimPagan said:
Just on outside question, do you ever play anything besides Polen? :p

Pssht, yeah roight (not a typo). It's the biggest underdog ever, especially in EU2. I like to think that I'm continuing HAL's legacy in CK.

Joohoo said:
yay I am a dragonslayer, i mean of coure i am :)

Well, St. George was... but you must prove your worth. By the way, that is an interesting choice, probably going to be a tough one (for EU2 I think we're gonna have to do a little culture modding for you).

Oh, and I think that we still need a few powers. If we are going to have a Kingdom of Italy I think we almost must have a second Italian power or it is far too easy for Italy to take the entire peninsula while Serbia is occupied with fighting off the Seljuks, Castille with fighting the Moors, France with fighting England and Germany, and Hungary often doesn't intervene at all.

Furthermore, Georgia may, MAY be able to make some big gains if it gets big enough early and takes out pagans (with nobody else around). But if Joohoo can manage to bring down either the Seljuks or the Cumans (before the Russians bring Cuman down), I would applaud him.

Also, I think we should review the Russian principalities that are open, Novgorod might not be the best choice. I'd think, Germax, that you should take a look at Pronsk as well.

Last edited:
Sterkarm said:
Well, St. George was... but you must prove your worth. By the way, that is an interesting choice, probably going to be a tough one (for EU2 I think we're gonna have to do a little culture modding for you).

Furthermore, Georgia may, MAY be able to make some big gains if it gets big enough early and takes out pagans (with nobody else around). But if Joohoo can manage to bring down either the Seljuks or the Cumans (before the Russians bring Cuman down), I would applaud him.

Also, I think we should review the Russian principalities that are open, Novgorod might not be the best choice. I'd think, Germax, that you should take a look at Pronsk as well.
Bah forgot about St. George...
I have played Georgia in sp, did good there I believe, hope it will work again. :eek:o

Joohoo said:
Bah forgot about St. George...
I have played Georgia in sp, did good there I believe, hope it will work again. :eek:o

Well, unfortunately, it may be quite a bit like SP for the first 50 odd years, unless I completely fold to the Russians and they move west and east at once.

Oh, also, a solution to the Italian problem could be either, if CSK wouldn't mind, CSK switching to another country like France, Burgundy, or one of the Scandinavian realms and therefore taking away the whole issue of balance in Italy. Of course, I would never force this on CSK and would only want him to do it if he didn't really care. Another option would CSK switching to Apulia, which, in my opinion, is significantly less able to go on a massive offensive, especially since it would be going north, which would threaten Germany, Burgundy, and Hungary directly.

Last edited:
I am interested, but a few things
1) I suck at CK and it confuses me
2) I can't play all that regularly for the first couple of months

means that I would be happy to be sub for the CK period and take a spare country if available in EU2 :)

And is CK played with the latest official patch or the beta?

Dr Bob said:
I am interested, but a few things
1) I suck at CK and it confuses me
2) I can't play all that regularly for the first couple of months

means that I would be happy to be sub for the CK period and take a spare country if available in EU2 :)

And is CK played with the latest official patch or the beta?

If you learned EU2, CK takes just a little bit more, and I'm sure that the players in this game, myself included, would be more than willing to help you along. But yes, we really could use subs, we usually need at least one a week/two weeks. Do you have ICQ or AIM?

Oh, and we're playing with 1.05, the latest official patch.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I very much agree with your 'priority list' Sterkarm. France, Hungary and, if there's an Italy player, Apulia are must haves.

Sterkarm said:

Oh, and I think that we still need a few powers. If we are going to have a Kingdom of Italy I think we almost must have a second Italian power or it is far too easy for Italy to take the entire peninsula while Serbia is occupied with fighting off the Seljuks, Castille with fighting the Moors, France with fighting England and Germany, and Hungary often doesn't intervene at all.

Yeah, i wanted to have a look, but i don't have the game on this computer and doubt that i can get acces to the one i play with for the next couple of days, can anyone tell where to have a look of an early map?

hmmmm, I'd like to join as a perm, but I'm afraid I'm already involved in too much P'dox mp but I could probably be a sub.

Like I said in the EU2 thread I can't play long-term and consistently so I'm happy to take any country for two reasons:

1. - I'm new to on-line MP and I'am quite happy to sample as many different countries as possible.

2. - My inability to commit, I think, means that I pick last, and that the long-term players should have their choices before I make mine.

Subs are always nice, and if no subs are needed, you can always play a realm that is deemed needed for that session. Besides, we need all the new blood we can get.

I would like to press for a rulechange.

Instead of having the need to occupy all the demense of the king, in a PvP war, you can sue peace whenever you want with whoever you want. Sure, this would present a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth. BUT it would give us flexibility, and a step away from this "total war". Besides, if someone do that against you, you can always to the same to him.

1. I agree with Lurkens suggestion.

2. I would like to choose Hungary, for better balance and more fun :cool:

Insane said:
1. I agree with Lurkens suggestion.

2. I would like to choose Hungary, for better balance and more fun :cool:

Great.

I also agree with Lurken's suggestion, it could be tough, but it is just too much to not be able to annex a vassal just because their liege won't make peace. I mean, if England has a vassal in Italy and Apulia DOWs that vassal, should they have to beat England? No.

Besides, if someone do that against you, you can always to the same to him.
Im afraid this statement is false.
If someone gains an early advantage he can annex quite a bunch of your vassals and then there's simply no way to get back at him.