Imperator: Rome - Known Issues and FAQ [UPDATE]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running on a windows 8 system, i can open the paradox launcher but the game does not launch from there. no error message, i just hit play and it closes out

Me when I can't get into the I:R Support Sub Forum because I can't sync my Steam Library with Paradox Account
tenor.gif

После нажатия «Play» в лаунчере ничего не происходит. Игра не запускается. Если я использую этот метод (скопируйте файл d3dcompiler_47.DLL в корневую папку бинарных файлов Emperor of Rome из панели запуска ImperatorRome \), то при запуске игры возникает ошибка «Не удалось создать сервер рендеринга». Пожалуйста, помогите мне.

It's almost midnight here, so many people need to get some rest before picking it up again, refreshed, in the morning (in regards to not getting immediate answers).

Please don't report various issues in this thread as that will most likely not give any good results. Everything becomes a confusing mess of multiple topics being discussed at once.

Instead, please create a thread in the appropriate sub-forum (tech support or bug report forum) with a clear thread title and as much information as you can in the actual post. The bug report forum will provide you with a form to help collect the information we need to investigate.

Regarding the stuttering issue. We can't really say anything about that at this moment. We are aware that some players are suffering from it and we are looking into it. But for now I must ask you to post reports about it in the above mentioned subforums. Have a look to see if someone already posted about your issue and add to that thread if you have additional information about the problem.

Thank you! And our sincere apologies to those who, for various reasons, are unable to fully enjoy the game at this time. We are hard at work trying to get necessary improvements out the door as soon as possible.

If you can't access the sub-forums due to sync issues, please make the thread in this forum. Just don't put multiple issues in the same thread. Thank you!

It's almost midnight here, so many people need to get some rest before picking it up again, refreshed, in the morning (in regards to not getting immediate answers).

Please don't report various issues in this thread as that will most likely not give any good results. Everything becomes a confusing mess of multiple topics being discussed at once.

Instead, please create a thread in the appropriate sub-forum (tech support or bug report forum) with a clear thread title and as much information as you can in the actual post. The bug report forum will provide you with a form to help collect the information we need to investigate.

Regarding the stuttering issue. We can't really say anything about that at this moment. We are aware that some players are suffering from it and we are looking into it. But for now I must ask you to post reports about it in the above mentioned subforums. Have a look to see if someone already posted about your issue and add to that thread if you have additional information about the problem.

Thank you! And our sincere apologies to those who, for various reasons, are unable to fully enjoy the game at this time. We are hard at work trying to get necessary improvements out the door as soon as possible.

If you can't access the sub-forums due to sync issues, please make the thread in this forum. Just don't put multiple issues in the same thread. Thank you!

Your work is very much appreciated guys! Don't worry, it's just Day 1...;)
Cheers!

I'm running on a windows 8 system, i can open the paradox launcher but the game does not launch from there. no error message, i just hit play and it closes out

same here. what a disappointment...
eu4, stellaris, ck2 works great on my computer. dont know why this one doesnt...

will refund unless it's fixed tomorrow
first paradox game I pre-purchased, wont make the same mistake again.

its not about my problem. there are major issues like stuttering etc. its obvious this game is nothing near playable...

Imperator runs on an updated version of Clausewitz that none of our other current games are using. Therefore performance might vary from Stellaris, EU4, CK2 etc.

Imperator runs on an updated version of Clausewitz that none of our other current games are using. Therefore performance might vary from Stellaris, EU4, CK2 etc.
by "might"... you mean? Game requires much better computers? or its just "we are not sure" or "we will fix it" or "depends on things"?

by "might"... you mean? Game requires much better computers? or its just "we are not sure" or "we will fix it" or "depends on things"?

Optimization is a tricky thing. Obviously there are setups out there that doesn't quite like the new stuff, while it runs perfect on others. Right now we need to figure out what is causing the performance issues and see what can be done about it.

Still cannot acces to the bug forum, however I gonna try to report all the bugs I encouted in my 4 hours gameplay:

-Well known stuttering issues when days passed (for everyone, aswell if you have a good or a bad PC).
-French translation have big issues too, I've already posted screenshots of them (#3rd post of this thread) and roderigue says that he will relay them.
-Some countries that have no flag and their names are "_ _ _" (maybe due to the french translation problems ?)
-AI army problems.
-Paradox account and steam account have problems to be tied together in game.

Hope that will be helpfull, and i wish you a good luck. Thank you !

Man I can't even declare war, the menu is cut off by the screen. This game is a joke, I can't even play it.

That is an odd one. If you could make a report about that in the bug report forum it would be helpful. Thank you.

So I dont know if its a bug or not but its incredibly frustrating. Have my navy out at sea as rome, it runs into a Carthaginian fleet so I use the full retreat order. When i used the order it sent my fleet running to the Carthaginian coast, only to be caught again by the C fleet. Every time i use full retreat or they lose the battle it send them one tile away, becoming a back and forth between only two sea tiles until the navy is demolished. Is this working as intended? I would think a full retreat order would send the fleet more than one tile and the original retreat would be in the direction of one of my ports?

In Spanish we have similar problems.

You click a unit to watch stats and instead of "Daño"(damage) it says "Caño"

Some of our descriptions are bugged like yours :(

Hope everything will be fixed soon, but the devs needs some rest... I trust the dev and I think that most of the bugs will be fixed tomorrow (I hope so ^^). Anyway I enjoy the game in english for the moment !

Status
Not open for further replies.