Imperator: Rome - Known Issues and FAQ [UPDATE]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Hi all!

We decided to regarding a quick FAQ and Know Issues so far. If you found any bugs or tech issues, please report them within their respective subforums (Bug Reports and Tech Support). We will update the thread as we learn more about, and fix bugs!

Why do I have a blackscreen/whitescreen?
This is due to the fact that the game is loading. It will take a few seconds, be patient and it will be there within a flash!

Why can't I access Multiplayer? Why am I having trouble logging in within the launcher or launching the game?
To access multiplayer you will need a Paradox Account. We experienced some trouble with our backend with AWS, this should be fixed and working now. Let us know in the bug forum if the issue persists.
NOTE: there is no crossplay possible between GoG and Steam users as yet - sorry about that!

I don't have my Digital Deluxe Edition content loaded up?
Please reinstall the game and you should find your DLC content (soundtrack DLC, Deluxe content (artbook and WP)) in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\game\dlc\dlc003_art\

The game won't start properly on Windows 7!
You must have the d3dcompiler_47.dll issue, hence you are missing Service Pack 1 from windows update on windows 7!

The game won't start properly on Windows 10!
Microsoft released an update on April 9th so please make sure you have the latest update and see if that solves it::https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-10-update

"Failed to create render background", any idea what this is about?
This is the update that is required _on top of_ Win7 SP1 (see above). It will fix any instances of the render error, or win7 crash on startup. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

The game crashes once I reach the month of November
This is an issue we've seen a number of reports on. We're currently investigating it. Our apologies to those affected
UPDATE: When in main menu hit the ~ key then type Th then hit tab. It should show a command, then hit 4 and enter - this should fix the problem.

The game is "stuttering" heavily when unpaused
Please help us out by posting your CPU and GPU specs in this thread. Also tell us if you are playing on ironman or not.

I can't scroll on the map / map is constantly scrolling!
Unplug any controllers you may have plugged in (Xbox, PS4, gamepad etc) as this is most likely the cause.

How do I contact support directly?
Simply go to support.paradoxplaza.com, sign in with your Paradox account and open a ticket.

I would like to understand more about the development of Imperator: Rome. Do you have a link to a thread?
Johan Andersson, our Game Director, created a thread on the subject, click right here.

*UPDATE FROM ADMIN:*
Please, make a new thread in the tech support forum or submit a ticket through support.paradoxplaza.com if you experience problems. I'm afraid the level of individual support in this particular thread is going to be very low.

Please only post in here if you have found solutions to an issue so that we can put it into the top post. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's almost midnight here, so many people need to get some rest before picking it up again, refreshed, in the morning (in regards to not getting immediate answers).

Please don't report various issues in this thread as that will most likely not give any good results. Everything becomes a confusing mess of multiple topics being discussed at once.

Instead, please create a thread in the appropriate sub-forum (tech support or bug report forum) with a clear thread title and as much information as you can in the actual post. The bug report forum will provide you with a form to help collect the information we need to investigate.

Regarding the stuttering issue. We can't really say anything about that at this moment. We are aware that some players are suffering from it and we are looking into it. But for now I must ask you to post reports about it in the above mentioned subforums. Have a look to see if someone already posted about your issue and add to that thread if you have additional information about the problem.

Thank you! And our sincere apologies to those who, for various reasons, are unable to fully enjoy the game at this time. We are hard at work trying to get necessary improvements out the door as soon as possible.

If you can't access the sub-forums due to sync issues, please make the thread in this forum. Just don't put multiple issues in the same thread. Thank you!

Imperator runs on an updated version of Clausewitz that none of our other current games are using. Therefore performance might vary from Stellaris, EU4, CK2 etc.

by "might"... you mean? Game requires much better computers? or its just "we are not sure" or "we will fix it" or "depends on things"?

Optimization is a tricky thing. Obviously there are setups out there that doesn't quite like the new stuff, while it runs perfect on others. Right now we need to figure out what is causing the performance issues and see what can be done about it.

Man I can't even declare war, the menu is cut off by the screen. This game is a joke, I can't even play it.

That is an odd one. If you could make a report about that in the bug report forum it would be helpful. Thank you.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. But please, make a new thread in the tech support forum or submit a ticket through support.paradoxplaza.com if experience problems. I'm afraid the level of individual support in this particular thread is going to be very low.

Please only post in here if you have found solutions to an issue so that we can put it into the top post. Thank you!

If you're having the stuttering issue, please post your GPU and CPU specs in here, together with information on if you play on ironman or not.

Like Björn said, it's better if you make a new thread in the tech support forum or submit a ticket through support.paradoxplaza.com! That way your problem won't get lost in the forum, and we'll be able to properly help you. :)

Can we have a statement on the stuttering issue ? Seems to be the main problem.

I'll wait untill the end of the day and if no hotfix i'll refund and stop to buy paradox game for the futur

Please post your GPU and CPU specs in this thread, as well as information on if you are playing on ironman or not. Thank you!

It's really hard to say, it all depends on what issue that you're experiencing. I would recommend that you submit a ticket to us, and we'll do out best to help you!

We are aware of the stuttering and it's being worked on as we speak! I don't have an ETA for when it might be fixed, but rest assured that our devs are working hard on fixing it!

Quoting Björn: please, make a new thread in the tech support forum or submit a ticket through support.paradoxplaza.com if you experience problems. I'm afraid the level of individual support in this particular thread is going to be very low.

Again, please, make a new thread in the tech support forum or submit a ticket through support.paradoxplaza.com if experience problems. I'm afraid the level of individual support in this particular thread is going to be very low.

@qbrick Hi! If you're still experiencing issues with your game, feel free to send us a support ticket (link in sig) and we'll take a look at the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.