Imperator: Rome - Known Issues and FAQ [UPDATE]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game won't start properly on Windows 7!
You must have the d3dcompiler_47.dll issue, hence you are missing Service Pack 1 from windows update on windows 7!

this is not correct, many user reported having SP1 and DX11.1 are still getting this issue, along with the ''Failed to render backend''

I think we can agree that we can wait for a stuttering hotfix until tomorrow. This is the "hot" problem that makes the game a torture.

When this is fixed I will be waiting for a proper 1.1 patch before I really start playing... optimistically until the end of next week.

I can't even launch the game. Clicked on play, there's a black screen. Now, that in itself is nothing unusual, so I wait. 5 minutes. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. Nothing happens. I press a random key, and the game crashes. Tried 5 times so far, crashes every time before the game even starts. I've verified the integrity of the game files, gotten the latest windows 10 update and restarted, no mods (I'm surprised there are any out at all already), and I have no clue what I should do short of un- and reinstalling the game. First time this ever happened with a game too, and it's not like this is my first paradox game.

Question about an achievement: "True Vandal", it says you need to be "Vandalia". in the imperator dev clash someone started as Vandalia, however, in Vandalia's place in the actual game is another country. Do you have to form it?

So, is this it? Been waiting for this game for a long time, release day the game is unplayable and I get the "unplug it and plug it again" tip from paradox ticket support? Any sort of idea of how much time it will take for a 1.1v that actually lets me play more than 20days of thrilling gameplay?

I have a fairly decent pc (ryzen 3 1200, GTX 1600 6GB) but the fluidity of the game is very irregular. If sometimes it's smooth suddendly it becomes stuttery while in the map it looks nothing changed

Where have I seen this before?

Rome 2.jpg

#1: Graphical glitch on training units direct to army where the bars fragment with all kinds of colored squares.

#2: Looks like the devs have to spread out the timer logic so some days aren't so overloaded, like what the CKII devs did to remove stuttering at the end of every month.

Quite a few text kerning/spacing issues on Linux here. Can't tell if it's the string you're rendering, or the way the text is being presented that's the issue. One example attached, in the meta-text on the tooltip where "character's" appears as "character' s" - other than that, the game' s excellent.

20190425184246-1.jpg

paradox you don't seem to be replying to anyone so i don't know if you will see this but my game just crashed whilst auto saving which deleted the last auto save and did not make the new one the game also deleted my most resent manual save i don't know if anyone else has had this problem or it is just me but i thought i should bring it to your attention

The map is always blue (a really nice blue, but still ...). The forum here won't sync so I can't go the the technical support page.\

This page from steam seems related:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/859580/discussions/1/1676938384244785547/

When I dismiss the dialogs and hold the mouse in the middle of the screen it keep changing which province it says even though everything is kept still.

I think keeping the technical issues forum closed has to be one of the dumbest decisions ever, even more so with the syncing issues going on.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-25 23.02.32.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-25 23.02.32.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.