• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 4
xpd46Od.png

Thankfully Baeivvet's initial remedy for the smallpox Milzas have contracted isn't the strangest thing he has had thrown at him so far. Though "reconnecting with the moon" didn't help as his body gets covered in blisters.

QLQN2Z7.png
4Uv1Pwo.png

The little birds of Alvydas finally return but they claim that concubine Weslikan had no man besides the Chieftain. Obviously these maids of Weslikan are lying and we just need to find someone more loyal to us.

But even them claim that no wrong doing had occured... Is the court truly filled with purebreed liars?

4IihHYW.png
Jqk5iSm.png

As spymaster Alvydas leaves his tent on the fields of Stettin the Physician enters to continue the treatment of the Smallpox. Milza tells Baeivvet to give him his worst just wanting to get over whatever horrible treatment he had in store.

Though it wasn't that bad, Milza felt a bit... disappointed at it.

XiW8aBw.png
N9XdmGm.png

While these things were going on the siege of the castle Soldin had been going on. It finally falls and is looted for it's riches by Milzas warriors. However at home the settlement on the coast of Malbork falls to the Sapmi Band.

Milzas marches home quickly to face them.

c3YnTIS.png
fCpSFAc.png

6Y1sQcu.png

(Nevermind the wrong position, like I said my mod screwed some positions up)

Milzas light troops and archers quickly force the middle of the Pomeranian forces to retreat. The rest of the army soon to follow and Malbork is swiftly retaken. However even with that defeat the Pomeranians have plenty of mercenaries left.

2A3tMyo.png
NjxKiRY.png

fkBQkKO.png

The boy that is "totally" Milzas child is born and Weslikan names him Kugis. Though that second boy is quite inconvenient as some elders start to favor this child of a concubine instead, obviously the work of his real father...

EjqRu4o.png
LFWEaTj.png

To the north the Estonian chiefdom and it's leader is baptized by the bishop of Upsala on order of the Swedish King. Though not having fully grasped the rules of his new faith he makes his own wife bishop of Estonia.

f2JUkjH.png
O5UcDVI.png

Va8OZBU.png

Milzas bravely pushes forward to not let the Pomeranians have any reprieve. Though at the moment they engage in combat the Sapmi Band manages to force our troops into close quarters where their more experienced and better equiped infantry could place a heavy blow.

With Milzas army scattered the castle of Soldin is easily reclaimed.

q3H43kI.png
VBH9BDY.png

crsGNW2.png

From the ranks of what remains of his forces a warrior stands out as a leader among his men around him. Milzas trust him to deal with one of the flanks in order to try and make sure that we can punch out the enemy faster.

And he will soon be able to test his mettle as a commander as the Sapmi Band is moving to cross the Vistula river once again.

uTTAT7A.png
0eZK650.png

Unbelievably thanks to Karatas the line holds even as the Sapmi forces them into close confrontation not letting the Prussians do their quick skirmishes to wittle down the enemy.

Milzas punches through the middle and then turn his troops to relieve Karatas. The flank is successful and the Pomeranians are sent back over the river. As the battle ends a body is found to be the one of their commander.

h5oBEkn.png
p0lqDLu.png

CHS1Hkt.png

His forces tired and only a twelve hundred left but Milzas know he can't let the Pomeranians collect themselves or give them the chance to hire new mercenaries.

More men lost and not enough Pomeranians slained. But a man severly bleeding is dragged infront of our Chieftain. He claims to be a commander and a rich man who rules the city of Slupsk. He has seen his fair share of combat as the man is disfigured, one handed and scarred all over his body even visible through all the blood.

KTrIz01.png
ZDLbGh0.png

tZWPwGR.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
He offers Milzas money in exchange for his life. He gladly takes the gold and sets Jaromil free. Shortly thereafter Soldin falls yet again as there's not much left of it's walls.

While dealing with that the remnants of Sapmi Band tries to take Malbork once again.

9pLBhtD.png
jCxtXv6.png

AULQXAZ.png

The invaders are swiftly dealt with and repelled away. At the conclusion of the battle another prisoner is brought infront of the Chieftain. He laughs heartedly as it's a familiar disfigured face.

"Having troubles staying away from me Jaromil?"

p3yPHdd.png

It's 1088 and the war with Pomerania is drawing to a close to force tribute from them. And Jaromil have singlehandedly pretty much funded the entire war for Milzas.

Not much remains of the Pomeranians and the tension is a lot more alleviated in the army. Some soldiers talking about how they will enjoy returning to their old life. Our dear Milzas though has taken a liking to be on the front with his men seeing his enemies clear as day in front of him. Instead of the ones whispering behind his back at home.

KBHUn41.png
nyEg63t.png

Shortly afterwards they are ambushed but the forces left are pitiful and they are dispersed of easily. Yet another prisoner is dragged infront of him, a disfigured face here yet again.

"So we meet yet again Jaro..."

The prisoner spits on the ground

"Don't take me for that fool! Getting captured by you backwards swamp dweller not once but even twice!"

This Chief Prenadota seem to miss the irony of the whole thing. But just like Jaromil he is more than happy to pay off his captors.

rPObl6x.png
AYXFk7d.png

You're just gonna go through every crazy medical treatment, aren't you?

I am sort of confused on how many people are disfigured but my guy have managed to get through it unscathed

I am sort of confused on how many people are disfigured but my guy have managed to get through it unscathed
Well you could suppose that this nasty Smallpox infection left some scars somehow

A nice haul of captives

Hopefully the conversions are less rampant at earlier dates, or there will be no pagans left for the Teutonic Knights to fight if you start out in the Charlemagne start (as the Teutons can start their northern crusades in the 1100's).

I don't like the frequency of these conversions.

Groogy started playing in 1066, conversions generally become frequent at this point.

You're just gonna go through every crazy medical treatment, aren't you?
He hasn't lost a limb or been castrated yet.:p
It's probably confirmation bias (like the EU4 joke that all 6-6-6 heirs are doomed to hunting accidents). People generally don't talk about their characters' physicians giving reasonable treatments for illnesses, because that's not as interesting as the more outlandish "treatments."

Poor little prisoner man...:p