Hearts of Iron IV - 24th Development Diary - 11th of September 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It really concerns me... What about using fuel, then?

Looks like "supply use" combines supplies (Food, ammunition.. ) and fuel now (?!?)

With those chromium reserves, Turkey is just asking for a German invasion. Also makes Italy's Greek invasion look pretty smart too. I wonder if these values will be there at launch.

EDIT: Maybe stand corrected. If chromium is only used for late-game tanks, it doesn't seem vital at all. The Turks are safe from my Germany (possibly).

Last edited:
Reactions:
that is good. Why you need an extra "fuel" if you can have it all under "supplies"... no need for more micro, one word says it all. It doesnt matter what is low.. if you have no Fuel OR no "supplies" your soildiers/tanks cant drive or starve... same sh*** other package :D

Reactions:
I do have a question actually....

If your industry is in full swing with lots of production lines but you suffer a slump in resources for some reason, can you prioritize which production lines get the resources? Example 15 Stug factories have the resources they need but your 15 Panzer IV are short. Or are the resources split equally between your production lines and the only option to streamline production would be to downsize?

you can prioritize your production lines and so control who gets what resources

that is good. Why you need an extra "fuel" if you can have it all under "supplies"... no need for more micro, one word says it all. It doesnt matter what is low.. if you have no Fuel OR no "supplies" your soildiers/tanks cant drive or starve... same sh*** other package :D

well, not exactly, it depends on what gets to the units. but we'll talk about this when we get to the supply system

Reactions:
It's maybe the first time I don't agree with the dev' :

- Why using civilian factories to export resources ? I don't see the link...
- I don't agree with the point that you can't chose who buy resources from you. So it's impossible to sell resources to another countries as long as he doesn't ask you for trade ? If Britain is at full war with Germany, I can't propose them to sell/give them a lot of resources (if I play USA for example) as long as they don't ask ?

Maybe you should read the Dev Diary first. every question of you is already answered.

Civilian factoriers are used to import goods. ( You produce civilian goods to buy ressources )
You can choose where you buy your goods from. But you can not choose where you export to. You can not trade with enemys at all.
There is a trade modifier that influences the priority of where your goods are exported.

Reactions:
1. Ah ok so there is a "little" stockpiling but not visible to us. ok
2. Dont make me sad :D, pls :D
3. Yeah i did read it. There where always stockpiles but not for years to come, more likely for months (gasoline f. ex.). But ok, this covers the "imaginary" stockpile then :D

Johan said, trade politics are showing your limits in Trade. Can you pls show screenshots of the various trade policies? :) Thank you

If I understand the post, there is a moving average that simulate small stockpiling rather than an actual hidden stockpile. So when you sign new deals it takes a certain amount of time for resource to be available (the available resource slowly grow everyday until it reaches the new value). The other way around (loosing convoy or deal) it lets you time to react, you can rebuild (or sign new deals) before you feel the full effect of the trade being broken (as available resource slowly go down rather than abruptly shut).

Dev can probably confirm or infirm.

Reactions:
Think it like that the importer give the exporter machine tools for the resources as civilian factory main purpose is to construct other infrastructure such as factories.

Sure, Brazil has 10 rubber for sale. Both Germany and USA want to buy ALL of it

(reason/value)
Germany has good relations with Brazil: 200
Germany is fascist, Brazil is democratic: -50
Germany has been trading for a year already: +10
Total: 160

USA has ok relations with brazil: 100
USA is democratic, like brazil: +50
Brazil is under influence from monroe doctrine: +10
Total: 160

they have the same end value, so end up being allowed to buy 50% of the exports. if there was no competition and only one buyer they could buy 100%, but with this particular competition case they are guaranteed 50% at least.

Make sense? (also basically what Poh said above)

So if one wants to simulate an embargo one may add a -1000 modifier to that country?

Just production.
This scares me a lot. If one takes United Kingdom as an example. Say they get naval dominance but not supremacy in the north sea and take very few losses to its ships, but still need to keep the navy there to dissuade Germany from sending subs through the gap. It seems odd that United Kingdom would have a significant less need of a navy then. Fewer losses shouldn't translate to less oil needed (at least not that extreme).

edit: missed the responses, I'll await the supply DD.

It really concerns me... What about using fuel, then?
chnw47Y.jpg

Reactions:
Thanks for the DD.
I think the system for hoi4 is a great concept. It will go a long way to increase immersion by having less micro gaming elements that are less fun, while allowing more game time to focus on the more fun elements. While production and trade are very important, this sytem seems to streamline the process and allow players to make choices and decisions where important <= key to good game design.

Reactions:
1 silly question, the amount of factory goods (IC) revecived for your exporting resorces increses or decreses over time? I meen is ther a linear amount of goods /resorces or it modifies over time?
Example: i m a oil producing country and the war kicks off and i stay neutral do i get more IC for my oil? Cause its war! And evry1 wants it.
Cheers,great work

Reactions:
You don't get more factories per sold resource but the chances are that other countries will demand more resources then they are at war which mean you can sell more resources and thus get access to more civilian factories.

interesting change.

Reactions: