From the Stellaris: Galaxy Command Team

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Keep them on a tight leash. This wasn't a 'mistake' on their part. They knowingly got that art, knowingly photoshopped it, and knowingly gave it to you.

Couldn’t agree more. They knew exactly what they were doing, and did it because they:

1. Thought no one would notice, and
2. Knew that Chinese courts would protect them either way.

But Paradox doesn’t have the protection of a corrupt legal system. Continuing to do business with a company that has established this kind of corporate culture will only invite more trouble down the line.

Reactions:
Sheer number of eyes, probably. Look up the Shia LaBeouf capture the flag incident for what the internet can do to track things down.

The question is, what was it doing there in the first place? The only acceptable answer is 'it was a placeholder to give a sense of what the art was supposed to look like which was accidentally left in for the beta', which would be sloppy but understandable, it is a beta and everything.

But... they photoshopped out the Pelican dropships (badly) like they were trying to disguise the origin. Like they just were just trying to cut corners and save money.

Which is... bad?

I very well would pay 20€ or so for a mobile game, in fact I did for Realm Grinder, as long as the game is good enough and has no p2w mechanics.
Just going through my phone now:
(I believe all of the following are premium titles)
  • Six Ages
  • Threes
  • Little Inferno
  • Kingdom Rush (Original, Origins, Frontiers, Vengeance)
  • Frostrune
  • Banner Saga
  • Civ Vi
  • King of Dragon Pass
  • Mini Metro
  • Planescape Torment
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic
  • Human Resource Machine
  • 7 Billion Humans
  • Reigns (& Her Majesty)
  • Stardew Valley
Are premium titles that unimaginable?

This whole game is causing irreparable damage to the Stellaris brand.

Well, it gave the community some entertainment. That's what video games are for after all, isn't it?

Well, it gave the community some entertainment. That's what video games are for after all, isn't it?

I like Stellaris and I want to see it do well, so not really.

I mean, you hate to see it.

Reactions:
A year from now everybody will laugh at this incident...
This keeps up, a year from now there won't be many people to laugh.

Reactions:
Well I think I should point out Galaxy on Fire 1/2. Solid games and you had to pay for them. GoF2 even had payed DLC's.
GoF2 was the ONLY game, I bought on the mobile phone. Because it was good. Damn it, I played the first version for phones with buttons for hundreds of hours.

Good times those were...

The game looks like a straight rip from another gatcha game made by gamebear anyway. I don't know who to feel sorry for more, the consumers who will be prayed upon with MTX, or Paradox for investing probably a lot of money into buying a new skin for an existing game...

The entertainment generated around the game isn't necessarily a good thing. Look at Borderlands 3. It is most well known not for its par for the course game play, but for the conga-line of controversy surrounding it, and more specifically, Randy Pitchford. Whenever I even see the name "Borderlands" now all I can think of isn't the game itself, but all the controversy. I don't think I can decouple the two in my mind. I don't want that for Stellaris or Paradox.

Reactions:
GoF2 was the ONLY game, I bought on the mobile phone. Because it was good. Damn it, I played the first version for phones with buttons for hundreds of hours.

Good times those were...
Yeah a shame what their publisher did to them........Though they're on PC and are behind the game Everspace. The rougelite space game.

Just going through my phone now:
(I believe all of the following are premium titles)
  • Six Ages
  • Threes
  • Little Inferno
  • Kingdom Rush (Original, Origins, Frontiers, Vengeance)
  • Frostrune
  • Banner Saga
  • Civ Vi
  • King of Dragon Pass
  • Mini Metro
  • Planescape Torment
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic
  • Human Resource Machine
  • 7 Billion Humans
  • Reigns (& Her Majesty)
  • Stardew Valley
Are premium titles that unimaginable?

Now that you say it. I also got Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, King of Dragon Pass and some other games were I paid some Euros. Do you know a good kingdom builder or (dungeon) RPG that is premium?

The entertainment generated around the game isn't necessarily a good thing. Look at Borderlands 3. It is most well known not for its par for the course game play, but for the conga-line of controversy surrounding it, and more specifically, Randy Pitchford. Whenever I even see the name "Borderlands" now all I can think of isn't the game itself, but all the controversy. I don't think I can decouple the two in my mind. I don't want that for Stellaris or Paradox.

To be fair, it could as well be all the entertainment we would ever get. This is certainly a graphic-heavy game with lots of assets. Nobody knows what else could have been "borrowed".

Isn’t that like 95% of all mobile games a strate up rip from another
Yes, but that's not really what you expect when you hear that Stellaris will have a mobile game.