From the Stellaris: Galaxy Command Team

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KennethMR

Product Manager
10 Badges
Jun 21, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
We have learned that artwork inside Stellaris: Galaxy Command was taken from another source. We are immediately removing this content from the game and we are deeply sorry to our fans and to the affected creators. To perform a full content sweep and ensure this issue is resolved, we have temporarily taken the game offline.

This was a clear mistake on our part, and we are working to fix it as quickly as we can. We trust Gamebear to make things right for Galaxy Command and we will work closely with them to ensure this game meets the high standards our players deserve.

We’re sorry this happened, and we will do better.

Keep them on a tight leash. This wasn't a 'mistake' on their part. They knowingly got that art, knowingly photoshopped it, and knowingly gave it to you.

Reactions:
Keep them on a tight leash. This wasn't a 'mistake' on their part. They knowingly got that art, knowingly photoshopped it, and knowingly gave it to you.
Agreed.

Reactions:
In my opinion, you should reconsider the type of mobile games you're making. Yes, F2P games with pay-to-win microtransactions may generate income, but premium titles should be viable, take a look at the range of what's on Apple Arcade as examples.

That went fast. Hope we won't see that ever again. ;)

I honestly find it mind boggling that nobody bothered to check that. It took the community like 20 minutes or so.

Riddle me this, professor: What are the chances that this could have happened to a PDS title? Like, just straight up art from another game in Stellaris 1.0 when it released? I will answer for you: there would be a 0% chance of it happening. You just wouldn't do it, by accident or otherwise.

In the other thread, Dnote talked about how people won't pay full price for mobile games and treat them as disposable. Well, shit like this is why.

This is going to end in tears, mark my words.

In the other thread, Dnote talked about how people won't pay full price for mobile games and treat them as disposable. Well, shit like this is why.
Exactly. If you don't treat the product you want to sell seriously, don't expect us to do so.

Well, that wasn't the smoothest start I guess. I still wish you good luck with it, but keep an eye on Gamebear. A few mistakes more on their side could hurt the reputation of Stellaris and everything around it.

Exactly. If you don't treat the product you want to sell seriously, don't expect us to do so.

I very well would pay 20€ or so for a mobile game, in fact I did for Realm Grinder, as long as the game is good enough and has no p2w mechanics.

This whole game is causing irreparable damage to the Stellaris brand.

Reactions: