From the Stellaris: Galaxy Command Team

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

KennethMR

Product Manager
10 Badges
Jun 21, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
We have learned that artwork inside Stellaris: Galaxy Command was taken from another source. We are immediately removing this content from the game and we are deeply sorry to our fans and to the affected creators. To perform a full content sweep and ensure this issue is resolved, we have temporarily taken the game offline.

This was a clear mistake on our part, and we are working to fix it as quickly as we can. We trust Gamebear to make things right for Galaxy Command and we will work closely with them to ensure this game meets the high standards our players deserve.

We’re sorry this happened, and we will do better.

In my opinion, you should reconsider the type of mobile games you're making. Yes, F2P games with pay-to-win microtransactions may generate income, but premium titles should be viable, take a look at the range of what's on Apple Arcade as examples.

I very well would pay 20€ or so for a mobile game, in fact I did for Realm Grinder, as long as the game is good enough and has no p2w mechanics.
Just going through my phone now:
(I believe all of the following are premium titles)
  • Six Ages
  • Threes
  • Little Inferno
  • Kingdom Rush (Original, Origins, Frontiers, Vengeance)
  • Frostrune
  • Banner Saga
  • Civ Vi
  • King of Dragon Pass
  • Mini Metro
  • Planescape Torment
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic
  • Human Resource Machine
  • 7 Billion Humans
  • Reigns (& Her Majesty)
  • Stardew Valley
Are premium titles that unimaginable?

Now that you say it. I also got Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, King of Dragon Pass and some other games were I paid some Euros. Do you know a good kingdom builder or (dungeon) RPG that is premium?

I wish I knew of a decent kingdom builder closest I can suggest is Civ VI. RPG-wise Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate are good old cRPGs from back in the day.

99% of mobile games are just cancer of industry. Example: here in Russia game development industry is a thriving sphere, but there ofc is some "but"... There are literally no studios and teams who try to make something for PC, especially - story-driven games. Not even speaking about AAA titles. So, what are all those guys doing then?

Yep, they are just making copy-paste free2pay (and pay a lot) shit for the phones.
Uhh... Pathfinder: Kingmaker by Owlcat Games was made in Russia.

On the premium mobile game front. Apparently paradox didn't realize that there is a FULL FEATURED version of Civ 6 on mobile. Expansion just came out recently too. Premium price tag too but apparently it's selling!

I was kinda excited at the prospect of this being a striped down mobile Stellaris (smaller galaxy, refined UI, etc) but the same core game. Apparently not.

Next!

They have to know about Civ VI’s existence, it’s been mentioned often enough in discussions of strategy mobile games you shouldn’t miss it.

This. They went from initial announcement to finding out about the art theft to apology and disabling the mobile game in what, 5 hours?

I'm disappointed that they didn't vet their partner's work nor deeply, but at least they reacted fast. If anything it really does indicate that paradox didn't divert a ton of resources to this project.

Add to this that it was pulled at what 11pm Stockholm time, so they did it outside of normal business hours.