From the Stellaris: Galaxy Command Team

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't quite believe what is happening.
I've always abstained from hopping on the beating the dead horse wagon, but what other choice do I have?
Stellaris went from my all time favorite game, where I could spend days of my free time interacting with and conquering the galaxy, to a buggy unplayible lag fest, to this shitshow in less than a year.
I should be angry that paradox threw stellaris into the toilet at record speeds, I should be fuming about this shameful display of mobile game business, but I'm not.
I'm just sad, If you told me Sunday this week I would lose all excitement and hope for PDX con, I would have told you you're full of shit. But now? Now they could announce the next DLC that has the one thing I wanted in stellaris from day one, and I wouldn't care, because I have a sinking suspicion that the game will continue to be unplayable, and paradox will keep pushing this shitty mobile game that no one asked for.
I just have to find a new game to scratch my sci-fi itch (I hear endless space 2 is quite fascinating). This might be my last post, I was never very forum active to begin with, so nothing of value will be lost.

I don’t think they are targeting the Chinese market. If I was looking to target the Chinese market I wouldn’t give egalitarian governments a bonus... that’s asking for a ban.

You can’t have a discussion “which is better egalitarian or authoritarian?” without falling foul of the censorship rules.

n.b. I’m not criticising the ccp or the censorship, this forum isn’t the venue for political discourse. But it’s a valid forum for discussing the validity of targeting such a market where the censorship exists. This thread shouldn’t be locked on the grounds of political diatribes.
I also don't see how NBA and Blizzard were targeting Chinese market in the first place. But you still get a ban if your contents are too sensitive in China.

I don't get why people are disagreeing you so much. What you have said are actually very valid about Chinese markets. The film industry is a very good showcase of what are likely reviewed if a game is published also in China. It is ridiculous but real.

Will there be "good Chinese companies" there? I just hope Paradox is assessing them right.

As for stealing assets, I am not surprised at all. If you have access to the Hongkongese or Taiwanese stores (Apple and Play), then you will be seeing so many titles having stolen asset published by Chinese companies. We have made it a point to check the company and deliberately avoid downloading Chinese games.

Fun fact: said game Nova empire stole assets from Stellaris. So Stellaris: GC is a reskin of a asset theft. The irony is real.
it's a case of the capitalist selling the communist the rope with which the communist can hang the capitalist.

it's a case of the capitalist selling the communist the rope with which the communist can hang the capitalist.

In all fairness, its usually another capitalist being hanged.

I wonder if this thing will ever reappear, or if it's just gonna get memory holed.

I wonder if this thing will ever reappear, or if it's just gonna get memory holed.

Complete radio silence for 2 days now. They are just waiting for the controversy to die down and re-release. Or they found way more problems than what the community found.

I doubt they will back down completely, there is money to be made here!

EDIT: grammar

Complete radio silence for 2 days now. They are just waiting for the controversy to die down and re-release. Or they found way more problems than what the community found.

I doubt they will back down completely, there is money to be made here!

What choice they have now? Blizzard experience shows that talking may be the worst thing to do and appologies tend to be insuficient anyway. The best way they can hope to do is not fuel controversy any farther and adress that only via official chanels (asked by jurnalists, f.e.). At least, they do not "damage-control" community by censoring posts, they do nothing to cover it (it's actualy a smart self-preservation tactic for shitstorm like that) and they eat the fruits of the criticism while PR figures shit out. Paradox should, however, check their own quality control for the future cooperations.

Last edited:
I will just leave this here.

pA1UAJK.png