Europa Universalis IV: Developer diary 27 - An offer you can't refuse

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im seeing so much potential for a DLC that allows you to customize your own country @.@

@countries national idea set bonuses.

Paradox ...Im begging you...I want to play as the country Mediterranea xD!

I was going to comment on the geographical aspect of the piece of the map shown in this DD, but i guess it's not the place. Anyhoo... I didn't expect all those "diplomatic" options in this game, it's a nice suprise for me :) Keep up the good work.... and fix the map ;)

I would love to play as a rebel movement. Petition other countries for funds in exchange for promises and agreements. Spend several years in planning and preparations before you rise as a big horde to form a powerful threat to another nation. I know it wouldn't work gameplay wise...but it would be so darn cool.

The rebels sound absolutely awesome!
FREEEDOM!

Win a rebel army, then scorch the land so rebels understand who is the boss, then tell them you will not be so merciful next time. Then again, scorch the land so they wont rise against you for few years. What Ottomans often did in balkans.

New system of rebellions seems really good, but still the violence of the state against rebels when needed is absent. They dont win a battle and its over. Manpower, population and economy of province should be affected tool...

Win a rebel army, then scorch the land so rebels understand who is the boss, then tell them you will not be so merciful next time. Then again, scorch the land so they wont rise against you for few years. What Ottomans often did in balkans.

New system of rebellions seems really good, but still the violence of the state against rebels when needed is absent. They dont win a battle and its over. Manpower, population and economy of province should be affected tool...

If you want to commit genocide, you're limited to the colonial system.

I believe Johan has said no chance of an open beta, stating that it doesn't really work for a single player game.

Do you have a link to Johans posting? I had high hopes in getting my hands on the german localization files before release... oh well, another German-Mod and keeping AndrewT busy with Bugreports it is ;)

This... does indeed look interesting.

Although comments in here made me think... I wonder if there's a way to press a claim for a whole region. Organize provinces in CK2-style Duchies, press claims on entire large regions...

Probably not so much, without adding in a lot of region-specific coding. Ugh.

Do you have a link to Johans posting? I had high hopes in getting my hands on the german localization files before release... oh well, another German-Mod and keeping AndrewT busy with Bugreports it is ;)
Apply for the closed beta, stating you want to help with the German localisation?

1. I'm a bit concerned about the Infiltrate Admin mission. This is SO powerful that it's hard to see not going for it, but that seems to entail that every human would end up having to take the idea group. Also, it seems to be the last idea. As I understand it, this would mean you would get it only quite late. Is this correct?

Assuming there is no pre-requisite tech level to take the spy group (or any of the ideas in it later on) you could have it completed after acquiring 7 ideas total. Based on things we have seen, this should readily be doable within 50 years of game start for most nations. Remember that over the course of the game you will have the ability to fill out up to 8 idea groups. Filling one out completely first would put the last step of it arriving the idea after you get your second national idea unlocked.

Wow! One of the best DDs so far. Especially like the rebel system, it makes a lot more sense now.

Next time a DD about the hordes? Please! :rolleyes:

1. I'm a bit concerned about the Infiltrate Admin mission. This is SO powerful that it's hard to see not going for it, but that seems to entail that every human would end up having to take the idea group. Also, it seems to be the last idea. As I understand it, this would mean you would get it only quite late. Is this correct?

2. Will it be possible to have rebel ships? Think of Prince Rupert.

I hope so!

I had Noble rebels in Kaffa in a Byzantium game and I merely ignored them as they couldn't go anywere. With ships this would make them a bigger threat.

Sounds good, really excited about the new qways of supporting rebels and how they use your countries stats if you support them, i assume if the rebels you support win then the new government/nation is loyal or at least in good relations to yours.

Also, sorry if i sound like a douche, but i would like to know weather the maps has been completely finished and is more or less in its final form. Because those provinces on the Balkans look really weird.

They said the old spy system was OP so they got rid of it.

What did they do instead? Give us everything the old spy system had but restrict its availability by tieing it with the diplomatic power.

They said the old spy system was OP so they got rid of it.

What did they do instead? Give us everything the old spy system had but restrict its availability by tieing it with the diplomatic power.

Er, yes? It's a lot more limited now. What's your point?