Europa Universalis IV: Developer diary 27 - An offer you can't refuse

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the old fabricate claims that lets you demand a PU in EU4 in some form? (apart from claim throne)
I hope not, it's the single most overpowered thing that has ever existed in EU3 (except maybe turbo annex)

No major disappointments here, although I'm surprised infiltrate administration is so hard to attain. I liked that option.
It should be rare and/or difficult, having 100% knowledge on where enemy armies is has massive strategic value both in and out of wars.

I hope not, it's the single most overpowered thing that has ever existed in EU3 (except maybe turbo annex)

And the biggest irony is that it was supposed to make the original fabricate claim action (like this one, but with cores instead of claims) more balanced.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaail

Is the old fabricate claims that lets you demand a PU in EU4 in some form? (apart from claim throne)
Good catch.

When I read it I assumed a claim on a province.
But, as in CK2, perhaps it has a chance to forge a claim on the nation (duchy)?

I don't think we've seen a dev diary on PU's yet?

This all looks great and im very excited to get my hands on it. My new super laptop gets delivered on Monday so feel free to release this game anytime after that

Rebel supporting looks good, just as promises that rebels would become a real danger rather than an annoyance.

I like how Balkan posters pointing out map mistakes are being frown down upon, while - say Dutch posters complaining about setup of Lower Countries are not.

Still, it seems that devs fixed a problem of Hungary bordering Ottomans via carpathian vedge between Moldavia and Wallachia - definitely an improvement.

I think the shape of provinces should be up for discussion, while cultural changes (what belonged to whom) should be frowned upon.

I think the shape of provinces should be up for discussion, while cultural changes (what belonged to whom) should be frowned upon.

Within reason. Also, this isn't really the right place for map discussion in any case. There are already threads around regarding the map.

As for the topic at hand, glad to see the spy to PU mechanic is gone. Rebel changes look good too...

Not sure what this means... so if advanced Castille spawns gunpowder rebels in China, rebels will pretty much conquer the country?
Well...the state formed by the advanced rebels would then be in Western tech group, which may not serve the interest of the Castillians.

Okay i have a question. If I support patriot rebels of my nationality, when they win do i get the provinces they where in ?So for instance if I support Polish patriot rebels in Bohemia and the rebels win will i get all of the counties that had polish as the culture?

Can you stock up on fabricated claims and press them all at once? Also is there a time limit to press the claim? (I.e its only valid for x years).

Sounds good, I was hoping for the V2 style of rebels though, where rebellions pop up in multiple provinces at once. I haven't tested rebels in EU4 yet obviously, but in EU3 it was easy to kill rebels since they only spawned in one province at a time usually.

A EU4 beta key would be an offer I couldn't refuse :)

1. I'm a bit concerned about the Infiltrate Admin mission. This is SO powerful that it's hard to see not going for it, but that seems to entail that every human would end up having to take the idea group. Also, it seems to be the last idea. As I understand it, this would mean you would get it only quite late. Is this correct?

2. Will it be possible to have rebel ships? Think of Prince Rupert.

Thats gone. This is just a claim on a single province.

Good. Because I abused it. And I abused it a lot. And "a lot" is an understatement :) I just couldn't help myself.