Europa Universalis IV: Developer diary 27 - An offer you can't refuse

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do foreign supported rebels (not pretenders, like nationalists for example) also shatter when defeated once?

Seems like you could support rebels with a lot of money, then watch the mega-stack beat them and all your money is wasted. At least with EU3 the AI reacts pretty quick to rebel armies, so if you don't outnumber them it's over. Which seems counter to the idea of funding them.

Nice changes.
1) Is there any display to know when rebels win?
2) Is there possibility that rebels would change their group?
3) Could I send diplomat to negotiate with rebels?

Changes to rebels are great!
Two Qs:
1) How powerful is the mission to sabotage reputation? Since diplomats are scarce and precious, i guess it must make target's life quite hard to be worth.
2) In EU3 rebels are such a pain for no-forts tribal countries that they alone almost force me to give up playing them. Did it change in some way in EU4 (guess that making peasants not resilient already improved that a lot)?

In EU3 rebels are such a pain for no-forts tribal countries that they alone almost force me to give up playing them. Did it change in some way in EU4 (guess that making peasants not resilient already improved that a lot)?

The fact that rebels scatter after losing one battle (except pretenders) seems to go a long, long way to fixing this issue.

Do foreign supported rebels (not pretenders, like nationalists for example) also shatter when defeated once?

Seems like you could support rebels with a lot of money, then watch the mega-stack beat them and all your money is wasted. At least with EU3 the AI reacts pretty quick to rebel armies, so if you don't outnumber them it's over. Which seems counter to the idea of funding them.

How is it counter to the idea of funding them? Of course you need to time your support carefully, doing it when the target is weak or distracted, but I don't see why giving them money should mean they don't shatter.

How is it counter to the idea of funding them? Of course you need to time your support carefully, doing it when the target is weak or distracted, but I don't see why giving them money should mean they don't shatter.

Why scatter when you keep pumping money into them? It feels like there needs to be more of a mechanic here, like "Rebel Resolve".

1) Is there any display to know when rebels win?

Yeah, you can see their progress in enforcing demands at the stability screen.

No, they keep fighting.

Great DD this week. Rebel changes are decent, and we finally have the info for the first generic idea group. Plus the province-based fabricate claim mechanic which I would probably use a lot.
One question here: what are the stars in the DD for? I thought there are some extra details in the end of the DD, but there is nothing.

One question here: what are the stars in the DD for? I thought there are some extra details in the end of the DD, but there is nothing.

just a stupid text editing program.

Yeah, you can see their progress in enforcing demands at the stability screen.

How does rebel system actually work? Is there a ticking warcore mechanism? If progress gets to 100% do the rebels automatically achieve their goal?

Spy tech tree will be amazing in multiplayer's game for England !

Diplos as spies is an interesting idea. So now not everyone will be able to incite a revolt or infiltarte administration, but only the ones having the appropriate ideas? Okay, this is gonna be interesting. Fewer annoying sponsored revolts during big wars.

Btw, considering the scarcity of diplomats, will the improvement of relations between countries be the same old tedious process we had in EU1, EU2 and EU3?

DOSE Balkans, though... It's "Rascia" in English, not "Rashka". Just sayin'. But that's not even the top if the iceberg.