EUIV: 1.30.3 Austria is now Live! (checksum 8406) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you fixed being able to buy indulgences to remove excommunication during an excommunication war, or whilst rivaled. It is honestly super fun killing to have the ai insta buy the indulgence the moment you declare. So non-interactive.

This still doesn't fix my issue from 1.30.02. When I load up my Japan Ironman game in the 1600s, all of my allies immediately break the alliance. Can you please put 1.30.1 on the beta versions list in Steam please? I am begging you, this was my greatest Japan game yet. :(
Did you maybe become Hegemon in your save game? That makes all other countries dislike you.
If it is not that, did you post your save game in the bug reports forum or did you at least check if somebody else already posted about that problem? If nobody posts about an issue in the bug reports forum, it is very unlikely that it will be fixed.

Reactions:
So the devs respond to posts about some obscure problems. But there's like 10+ posts about a huge gamebreaking problem (the debt issue) and there's pure silence. Interesting approach and interesting way to treat your loyal customers.

• 19Like
Reactions:
CDPR: Delays CyberPunk until it´s DONE.

I´m seriously pissed off as it´s not the first game breaking DLC. If I could get a refund I would ask for one.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So the devs respond to posts about some obscure problems. But there's like 10+ posts about a huge gamebreaking problem (the debt issue) and there's pure silence. Interesting approach and interesting way to treat your loyal customers.
Just because a bug is severe and highly visible, doesn't mean it's easy to fix.

Especially when it involves the AI's economic management.

Until they have a fix, there is literally nothing of value the devs can say (code has value; "we're looking at it" doesn't). I don't want them turning up in eleventyonemillion fast-moving ragethreads; I want them fixing bugs.

Conversely, a lot of "obscure" bugs are easy to fix once you know they're there, because they involve single points of failure with narrowly bounded consequences.

I have a simple strategy for dealing with Paradox DLC at this point: don't buy until the first 50% sale.

If we all followed that, I'm sure Paradox would get the message much more effectively than any amount of reviewbombing or ragethreads.

• 12Like
Reactions:
Just because a bug is severe and highly visible, doesn't mean it's easy to fix.

Especially when it involves the AI's economic management.

Until they have a fix, there is literally nothing of value the devs can say (code has value; "we're looking at it" doesn't). I don't want them turning up in eleventyonemillion fast-moving ragethreads; I want them fixing bugs.

Conversely, a lot of "obscure" bugs are easy to fix once you know they're there, because they involve single points of failure with narrowly bounded consequences.

I have a simple strategy for dealing with Paradox DLC at this point: don't buy until the first 50% sale.

If we all followed that, I'm sure Paradox would get the message much more effectively than any amount of reviewbombing or ragethreads.

Nobody pretends it's easy to fix. It's about how you communicate with your loyal customers that matters a lot as well.

For example, the first hotfix was announced before the weekend and they mentioned the biggest HRE problems would be getting fixed. Good communication. In this case 10+ people mention the samen problem (and there's been threads about it as well) and there's pure silence. Bad communication.

Reactions:
For example, the first hotfix was announced before the weekend and they mentioned the biggest HRE problems would be getting fixed. Good communication. In this case 10+ people mention the samen problem (and there's been threads about it as well) and there's pure silence. Bad communication.
The biggest HRE problems sounded like they were relatively easy fixes ("oops I accidentally broke an if() statement so the AI has forgotten there might be a reason to not join the HRE"), so they could confidently say "they're getting fixed in a hotfix" and not have that turn into "and now the hotfix is two weeks late". Heck, I wouldn't be too surprised to find someone had already committed (at least some of) the necessary fixes at that point they said that.

Unless the debt problem is something comparably easy – "oops I accidentally broke an if() statement so the AI has forgotten it can repay loans" or similar – saying "it'll be fixed in the next hotfix" is a risk (the hazards being "the hotfix doesn't actually contain the fix" and "the hotfix is N weeks late").

Reactions:
The biggest HRE problems sounded like they were relatively easy fixes ("oops I accidentally broke an if() statement so the AI has forgotten there might be a reason to not join the HRE"), so they could confidently say "they're getting fixed in a hotfix" and not have that turn into "and now the hotfix is two weeks late". Heck, I wouldn't be too surprised to find someone had already committed (at least some of) the necessary fixes at that point they said that.

Unless the debt problem is something comparably easy – "oops I accidentally broke an if() statement so the AI has forgotten it can repay loans" or similar – saying "it'll be fixed in the next hotfix" is a risk (the hazards being "the hotfix doesn't actually contain the fix" and "the hotfix is N weeks late").

So they could say "we are aware of the problem and are working hard on fixing it". Now they come across as if it might not even be a priority at all. This would be simple and honest communication, they don't have to lie and make false promises.

Reactions:
What bug was this hotfix for except for the peace deal money bug? I did read the changelog, nothing major popped to me.
There's the peace deal bug (worthy of a hotfix all by itself IMO), a CTD (ditto), an OOS (yup) a bug where the AI was short-circuiting the Council of Trent before the player could even engage with the mechanic (hell yes), some broken calculations, some broken mission logic, some broken events, ...

"A laundry list of assorted bugs that we have fixes for" is a perfectly valid and sufficient reason for a hotfix.

Reactions:
Did you maybe become Hegemon in your save game? That makes all other countries dislike you.
If it is not that, did you post your save game in the bug reports forum or did you at least check if somebody else already posted about that problem? If nobody posts about an issue in the bug reports forum, it is very unlikely that it will be fixed.
Just letting me roll back to a previous version would be a quick fix that would allow me to keep playing, just like they've done with almost every patch before this. Someone else already made a bug for this.

Reactions:
So Mr. Groogy... This is 1.30.3 and you called it second patch? Also, after waiting more than year for the "fruits" of your work, you need to patch it 3 (not 2 !) times already just after release? FYI - I played this game app. 5k hours, did wc many many times, 1 faith, 3 mountains and more and... just recently asked steam to delete this game (i.e. EU4) from my acount & to be sure, I also asked them specifically to delete my steam account. Just to be sure, EU4 is no longer around me. How do you think, what was the cause?

Kind regards,
Mariusz

• 8Haha
Reactions:
So Mr. Groogy... This is 1.30.3 and you called it second patch?
1.30.0 was never released, because they found bugs in it that needed fixing. The first version of 1.30 that was released to the general public was 1.30.1.

So yes, 1.30.3 is the second public hotfix to 1.30.
Just letting me roll back to a previous version would be a quick fix that would allow me to keep playing, just like they've done with almost every patch before this. Someone else already made a bug for this.
They don't provide options for rollback to individual hotfixes (1.30.1, 1.30.2, 1.30.3), only to previous feature-level versions (1.29, 1.28, etc.).

• 1Like
Reactions:
1.30.0 was never released, because they found bugs in it that needed fixing. The first version of 1.30 that was released to the general public was 1.30.1.

So yes, 1.30.3 is the second public hotfix to 1.30.

They don't provide options for rollback to individual hotfixes (1.30.1, 1.30.2, 1.30.3), only to previous feature-level versions (1.29, 1.28, etc.).

That's why I'm requesting it.

Reactions: