EUIV: 1.30.3 Austria is now Live! (checksum 8406) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
if you look at people's posts you'll see this isn't working

the AI thinks there is some infinitely superior use for money compared to paying off its debts

Well, It works for me.
I give them 90% of their debts, and the month later their debt is greatly reduced and they are willing to accept my demands. Same for the ennemies who usually repay their debt in priority.
I don't know why it doesn't work for some people. I did that trick several times during my last playthrough and it unlocked the situation everytime.

Last edited:
If you're going to cheat for cash and give it to the AI anyway, you can avoid both the AI's reluctance to pay its debts and the relation gain by tag switching to the AI countries, cheating for cash and paying off the debt manually. If you do it every few years and stick to mid and major countries, it takes just a few minutes.

It does nothing to resolve the AI's numerous other problems, though, none of which have even been addressed by Paradox yet...

If you're going to cheat for cash and give it to the AI anyway, you can avoid both the AI's reluctance to pay its debts and the relation gain by tag switching to the AI countries, cheating for cash and paying off the debt manually. If you do it every few years and stick to mid and major countries, it takes just a few minutes.

It does nothing to resolve the AI's numerous other problems, though, none of which have even been addressed by Paradox yet...

Yeah of course, tag switching may be even more fair by avoiding the relationship bonus.
I usually don't do it because I'm afraid of "breaking" some AI behaviour by doing it (not that it's perfectly coherent anyway atm).
Of course I guess this fear is completely unfounded. I may try it in the future. :)

Next prioritary fix: countries being full time in debt... it's destroying the flow of the game if you have allies who never want to join your wars offensively because of the debt modifier.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What for? No one asked for this
Internal assumptions of the game engine asked for this.

The player base do not get a vote on the matter.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Internal assumptions of the game engine asked for this.

The player base do not get a vote on the matter.
The game should encourage mental agility and reward non-standard solutions - not every player will think to pull this off. I love this game very much, but I'm disappointed that from patch to patch, the game multiplies with crutches and artificial restrictions that are already literally everywhere

Reactions:
The game should encourage mental agility and reward non-standard solutions - not every player will think to pull this off. I love this game very much, but I'm disappointed that from patch to patch, the game multiplies with crutches and artificial restrictions that are already literally everywhere
That's a reasonable complaint about a great many things Paradox have done to squelch badwrongfun.

But where "PAP must always be Catholic and have the relevant government reform" is concerned, they're not – as far as I can tell – trying to squelch badwrongfun.

They're enforcing an invariant of the system for mostly technical reasons, because when PAP isn't Catholic, the game breaks in weird and unsatisfactory ways.

Reactions:
Please can we get some info on how high a priority fixing the performance issues is? We're 3 hotfixes in and there hasn't been much dev mention of it, it's impacted my ability to play and enjoy the game far more than any of these other issues

Reactions:
Please can we get some info on how high a priority fixing the performance issues is? We're 3 hotfixes in and there hasn't been much dev mention of it, it's impacted my ability to play and enjoy the game far more than any of these other issues

no performance issues seems you need to upgrade your computer I'm running something that's 6 years old no problem so u either got a bad computer or its much older then 6 years, upgrade during the pandemic

Reactions:
If we are talking about strange AI behavior --> I have recently made several French starts and fought the "Surrender of Maine" wars sevaral times with Castile on my side. I have noticed that Castille AI loves to send its notprotected transports to try to invade Engalnd while its combat fleet (heavies +lights) is sitting in Murcia and doing nothing. No other wars going on. AI just sends its transports alone and waits for it to be sunk by English. This is not isolated incident it happend in like 6/7 starts.

Reactions:
no performance issues seems you need to upgrade your computer I'm running something that's 6 years old no problem so u either got a bad computer or its much older then 6 years, upgrade during the pandemic
For me and many others there was a dramatic decrease in performance from 1.29 to 1.30, I could run 1.29 fine, 1.30 not so much - my computer stayed the same, the game changed in a way that noticeably reduced performance

Reactions:
so just to be sure Austria still cant form Germany even tho it was the leading german nation before and during Prussia plobbed up?!
and do i miss a dlc (i got emperor) to get finally german and HRE Unit-skins?

so just to be sure Austria still cant form Germany even tho it was the leading german nation before and during Prussia plobbed up?!
Austria can form Germany in 1.30. Like any other country they must not be emperor and own the required provinces.

Reactions:
False, lying, Bad Done ... Please stop "being proud" of NOT correcting bugs in the third patch after two months.
Plase don't said, you corrected a bug when it's NOT corrected.
Please take someone in the team to test. You desesperatly need someone that PLAY this game frome time to time in the team.

Actually what is buged ?
Gold, Manpower, Monarch Point (and a lot other things) How the Hell can we play with the 3 most importants feature buged ?

Reactions:
Dunno about those other things honestly. I've just been waiting for the 'game breaking' bugs to be fixed before playing 1.30 properly; thankfully the HRE membership and the, slightly less important, peace treaty gold are sorted. But it just doesn't seem worthwhile yet if the world quickly turns passive from debt. I understand it's been less than a month, I just really hope it's sorted soon and not in August.

Reactions: