EUIV: 1.30.3 Austria is now Live! (checksum 8406) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 3Like
Reactions:
So AI still will be drowning in debts? I'm playing only on VH difficulty, but this doesn't help. In my current campaign Ottomans have almost 5k debt by 1530 year. Last time they wage war was about 50 years ago. Actually, the only major in sight, who are waging active wars is Mamluks. The others just sits or help some of their minor allies to beat other minors, but they don't do anything for themselves. Dead world isn't really fun to play.
Anyway, as always, thx for your hard work.

I feel this is the question we all cannot wait to have the answer to.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Has there been any adjustment of the AI issue where you call them in on promised land and they don't mind not being given any?

The specific example with the issue is England calling Iberian powers for HYW.

Reactions:
Nations are also considered reined in for the purposes of the Shadow Kingom if one of the following applies (in addition to losing a war to the Emperor):
  • Have an alliance with the Emperor.
  • Is a subject of the Emperor.
  • Is a Free City.
  • Has at least 150 opinion of the Emperor.

Thank you for providing crucial information about the game that isn't actually indicated to or explained in the game itself.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Thank you for providing crucial information about the game that isn't actually indicated to or explained in the game itself.

What do you mean? This is mentioned and hinted at in many of the events(The game literally tells you all the methods in an event tooltip) and the Rein in decision. This is also on the wiki probably and in the dev diaries. This info is largely available...

Reactions:
I feel this is the question we all cannot wait to have the answer to.

Yeah, its a bit disappointing that such a major problem hasnt been getting more recognition by the devs.
In my games ive regularly seen plenty of nations drowning in debt and being useless allies or even going into a bankruptcy spiral that ultimately led to their demise at the hands of their neighbours, especially countries like France and the Ottomans.

It happened sometimes before but now it seems a lot more frequent.

Reactions:
This isn't Denmark specific, but its a generic incident (incident_pu_subject_joins_empire) which requires an HRE nation to have a PU with a non-HRE nation for at least 20 years.

I played with bavaria and had france as a PU in the 1.30.1 and 1.30.2 - I waited for 50 years ( I was also emporer) and the incident never happend...
(I had also a lot of other PUs by missions and luck - like brandenburg, platnite and even austria) but france was the one outside the HRE that never joined)

Reactions:
I played with bavaria and had france as a PU in the 1.30.1 and 1.30.2 - I waited for 50 years ( I was also emporer) and the incident never happend...
(I had also a lot of other PUs by missions and luck - like brandenburg, platnite and even austria) but france was the one outside the HRE that never joined)
I'm guessing that France had more provinces than Bavaria? I had to check the script, but the incident can't fire if the junior partner is larger than the senior.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I guess the always-in-debt AI problem is a little more complicated to solve. But are you guys looking into it somehow? Just adressing the problem would calm our hearts right now

• 4Like
Reactions: