• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Karagin said:
The map posted via the Draka sight is incorrect. The Draka didn't get all of the Balkans when it beat the Ottoman Empire it got Bulgaria and the Turkish part of Balkans. So the advancing map isn't a true reflection of events in the Draka time line.

A simple checking of the timeline write in the orignial paperback copy of Marching Through Georgia will show this.

Don't worry I noticed some discrepancies myself including that the map shows too much of the Balkans being taken. The other was that I felt the Draka took more of Asia before the war. However I am not entirely sure about Greece. The books say they took Thrace, well near as I can figure Greece is part of Thrace. Perhaps the Greeks never left the Ottaman empire. The books clearly state the Draka have to take Belgrade.

As promised, with Christmass stuff finished I have devoted some time to editing the models. Karagin if you don't mind I actually checked the book and discovered you seemed to have the Interceptors (Pursuit planes) and fighter names mixed up.

It's just taken me an hour and a half to do everything. It started off easily enough, make Infantry into Janissaries and citizens. Took some research to get fighters and tanks, thanks again Karagin, by the end though I was just grasping at stuff. Warships seem to have names such as famous warlords or conquest related names, but when I had to do bombers I got tired and just started using names of different birds.

Edit: and now I glance at the book cover and think bombers should have names like Wyvern perhaps.

Next stage Ministers. Only managed to find a few ministers mentioned, and that just when they have a staff meeting, I think I'll have to promote Beuregard to head of security. This raised an interesting point, just how many different choices for ministers can there be. All Ministers of security have to be princes of terror, so what is the point really of having different ones if they would all be the same?

It looks like you have gotten a lot done. Should I get plain HOI2 or HOI2 DD to play this? I was thinking about getting the game a month or so beofre your mod was ready so I could learn the game. Looks like I am running out of time. :D

Wow the pressure. I am using the editor for DD (I have a way to lessen or remove it's problems) so I guess it's just DD compatible. I am hoping to get at least a functional model, doubtless with errors, before going back to work in a week, and a bit.

I think the last post was a bit misleading. I made it at the same time I announced I had finished model names. I meant to do it next, but today I just feel like renaming divisions and ships.

Concerning leaders, I copied over German officers to give the Domination a decent officer corp, but apart from having to rename them all they also need new pictures. So I need something like 150 new pictures :wacko:

I think the basic version will just allow play as the Domination because I haven't even investigated how AIs work. Hopefully it isn't too different from coding websites.

No pressure, I don't know anything about modding and it sounding like you were rolling along. I don't think you need to change all of the pictures. For isntance Victoria has some pictures that are used by multiple nations. It's never bothered anyone that I can tell. Just as long as no famous face(like Rommel) are in snakes clothing I'm sure you'll be fine.

Most will play the mod not to look at snake leader pics but to kill them, burn their cities sow the ground with salt ect. :cool:

No sorry, I've been sort of devoted to something else. If it's any encouragement I've just been playing DD. Maybe not working on the mod but I have started playing DD again. It's something I guess :).

soonerborn0524 said:
Oh, I just realized when I looked at the map: Sri Lanka should be Drakan.

Good point. I can't exactly remember why I didn't fix that. Maybe I wasn't exactly sure.

Edit: I make the large map by combining screencaps so it's possible I did fix Ceylon but didn't place it on the map.

Last edited:
First off, for all those people who might be waiting, or perhaps given up waiting, for me to get on with things I apologise. It depresses me somewhat that I can't get around to finishing things, however as there is a long weekend now I want to at least get some stuff done. But I have a question, are there major changes in the new expansion that I should wait to deal with? Mind you perhaps not every one will bother with the expansion so perhaps I can just finish off the current version.

So I got some work done this evening. I worked on tech teams for the Domination. Since the Domination is the Dark US I copied US teams to get the same skills. This may have to change since the Draka may well concentrate on Human wave despite initially wanting to make them Uber German Blitzkriegers. Had to go though the appendicies to find names and some areas didn't match so I made up some, which isn't too hard since all Draka researchers are either combines or institutes. To finish I threw in a few names, some of which you might get and others jumped into my mind. There's an homage of sorts and one that requires knowing me to get.

techteams.jpg

edit: almost forgot. Naturally some of the pictures have to change but I don't think pictures of tanks, trains and shipyards are out of place, and the game came with a picture just made for Von Shrakenburg.

It's good to see progress being made regardless. I'm willing to wait, especially as the Worldwar mod seems to have fallen through.

Why do the Draka get such good naval teams? It's explicitly stated that their navy is a joke.

ok suggestions noted. The skills are all left over from US so I'll modify them, reduce navy skills and look at SU generals to get ideas for infantry skills, and as noted change pictures.

I hoped to get both the new pictures and edit the skills but was only able to make new pictures this evening. Can anyone help me by explaining what areas are needed for researching Human wave techs as opposed to the present areas inherited from the US?

I hope you'll excuse me if I include some larger images of the tech teams I'm most proud of. Two of them don't even show up in game as of 1945(Doomsday scenario), one of them doesn't start till 1970, what's the point of that?

techteams2.jpg

edit: I have to say I am particularly proud of the Faraday Electromagnetic combine :)

I started work on ministers, mostly because I didn't have as much time tonight and wanted something less complicated.

ministerlist.jpg

I am trying to pick traits consistent with the Domination, so I have maybe 2 or 3 choices at most for each ministerial position. Some are are hard to choose (It seems theres no such thing as a "good" head of state). The only one that's been obvious from the beginning is that naturally the head of security needs be a Prince of terror.

You can see the different traits available here

http://hoi2.nsen.ch/wiki/index.php/Minister_Traits

and if you have any opinions on whats relevant I'm willing to consider them.

edit: I have in mind making available ministers for different politics since you never know what someone might do with the sliders, but I am thinking of a series of events should the leadership go off the rails too much, perhaps with wide scale uprisings and a civil war from landowners unhappy with new freedoms. I chose Paternal Autocrat because it's at the "bad" end (although personally I consider left wing as bad if worse, but of course you can't have a government for the workers...unless perhaps they are all black, there's a thought). It also sounds like "Paternal Aristocrat" which is what the Draka are described as. Even though they enslave they're sort of paternalistic to their serfs.

Last edited:
It looks good, especially the idea of events for changing the government. I like it. Maybe you could have a Communist revolution if things get too bad, and the Blacks, Circassians and Arabians are ministers (even though I don't much like the Reds either).