• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are patching this over to Armageddon then?

Yeah, the version I've linked to in my signature is designed for the 1.3 beta 1 patch, I don't really see the point in supporting older versions. The migration to the beta 2 patch shouldn't be especially difficult, and it supposedly fixes one of the major bugs that I had no workaround for besides not using the VIC tag in the French collapse.

Just a progress update from playing a hands-off game as Ireland...

I've made a crude force-DOW on the Soviet Union for Germany. The Italian partition still works fine, and the AI German army does pretty well knocking down the Soviets, with Moscow falling around March of 42 and the Caucasus completely under German control by November.

Japan made a satisfactory push through Java, Sumatra, and Borneo, as well as a determined drive through Burma into India proper, and is as of November 42 making a push into the Russian Far East. Unfortunately, the rest of the Dutch East Indies/Australasian campaign hasn't happened at all.

Most of the SS events for Russia have been written but not yet implemented, with the Army/Civilian ones coming soon along a similar template. Pearl Harbor has not occurred for whatever reason, either. I'm thinking once I get the Soviet SS carveup events in place, the German army ought to move a little quicker and probably make the Caucasus by summer of 42, which would be a perfect time to implement those Draka DOW events I wrote so long ago.

Unfortunately, I'm still kind of an idiot on how to make AI do things, so if Karagin, Darksoul, or anyone else reading the thread has any bright ideas on how to point Japan in the right direction, I'd be all ears.

I'm also considering letting Japan puppet India in order to free up troops for other areas.

Thoughts?

I am still working my way through learning the AI myself...

Sorry I haven't been able to respond. Getting my computer hooked up for me to work with the AI has been pushed back yet again.

The crude force DoW should work pretty well. It is how Fernando's mod works. You could implement a similar one for Japan. Then it is just a matter of adding a trigger to load a different ai file in the event itself.

If we run it simply by ai files, then it is a twisted web of triggers, events, switches, etc.

If we run it simply by ai files, then it is a twisted web of triggers, events, switches, etc.

And from what I have seen, if the computer wants to do it's own thing, the paths can get out of wack and thus not fire when needed etc...

Well, the switches actually do encompass everything. It's just when something like a Balkan Clusterf*ck happens, it generally means the situation diverted to the general AI applicable to all nations, at which point, it is a slugfest, flat out.

I have a 42 scenario made, but right now there's a clock freeze due to a bad event trigger somewhere that I haven't been able to nail down. Of course, it's kind of a moot point for the moment when I haven't implemented the Draka DOW events.

In short, the 42 scenario is coming, I just can't pin down when exactly. I'm working primarily on the 41-42 period right now, for what it's worth.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just want to ask the devs is they want to remake this with the new AoD, it would be really cool!

I've been thinking about it. Now that I am back stateside, I have more time on my hands to actually spend on a project like this.

Either AoD or HoI3...

I think its better it is AoD...

Strange, I just tried to get it myself and it works correctly. I might suggest a program called jdownloader, it's fairly lightweight and handles links from most of the popular upload sites easily. If you still can't get it that way, shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do.

As far as Hoi3/AoD, I'm more in the Hoi3 camp than AoD. I have a lot less free time now than when I last worked on the mod, and while from a development standpoint it's probably easier to port it to AoD than Hoi3, I don't see much point in sticking with an older engine. When better modding tools start to become available for Hoi3, I'll probably start developing it there. At the moment I'm none too excited about manually converting every province (of which Hoi3 has many, many more than Hoi2) and adapting leader and minister files for the newer engine.

So as situations change, there's now enough interest in AoD to warrant this mod being ported to that game. The thread link can be found here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466745

Work continues, the next alpha ought to be about as playable as it was when development stopped for Hoi2.

Now you need to update your signature ;)
Oh and Merry Easter to you all!

If anyone is wondering, the version in the OP still works. You will get an error message, but it will work.

I'm working on combining the Draka mod with my own mishmash of SKIF, GIF and the Cold War Tech Tree Expansion mod. The Draka mod changes relatively little, so it should work okay.

I've reworked the unit names, using the websites from the last page and a few other places:

Battleships

• Ceylon-class
  • Madagasgar-class
  • Aegyptus-class
  • Syria-class
  • Arabia-class
  • Mauretania-class
  • Angola-class
  • Domination-class (nuclear)
  • Mozambique-class
  • Thracia-class

All of the ship classes (and some aircraft) have a theme. In this case, Battleships are named after parts of the Domination, except their nuclear battleship. Likewise, their nuclear aircraft carrier is the Draka-class. The Domination developed an obsession with classical antiquity, hence the Romanified province names. Angola, Mozambique and Ceylon never had such names, and probably would keep the names they had at the time.

This used to have another thread or folder, but I cannot find it. Anyone have the link?

A reminder.

I know this thread have remained unused a rather long time but I have checked through all 37 pages and I have not found any working download link, can anyone give that?

It doesn´t matter if the mod not fully complete. I know there is a DH Draka mod but I have checked it out, the events for it are rather limited, Drakas have a seizure Gibraltar for intervention on the side of the Spanish soviet and diving Italy but that's about it. Was thinking the HOI2 version(s) could be useful in how to improve it.