• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Faeelin

Banned
81 Badges
Dec 15, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
"I see that you European powers are taking advantage of this rebellion to meddle in America, the way you used to before the Monroe Doctrine stopped you. Napoleon props up an emperor in Mexico, and now France and England arein cahoots to support the Rebels. Well, we can play that game too. And I reckon one fine day we'll have friends of our own in Europe, friends who will help us get back what you have taken away."

"A European power to help you against Britain and France?" For the first time Lord Lyons was undiplomatic enough to laugh. The usual American bluster was bad enough, but this was lunacy. "Good luck to you, Mr. President. Good luck to you."

americanfront.jpg

Reactions:
I want this!!!

Thanks. I will try to plonk away at it, but I am trying to figure out how to find out what free IDs are available for units and ministers.

What do you need exactly?

Well I want to create a bunch of ministers and land/naval units for the US, CSA, and Canada. But in order to do so I need to find out what id#s are available for the units and ministers. I tried some random numbers and it turns out they are already taken in the game, so there is a scenario error.

I like this. Finally a decent HT mod for a Paradox Game. Will you do a WWII version?

There's already one, which I enjoyed a lot; Leonaru's sig links to one.

Are you sure about Puerto Rico by the way? i don't see any mention of it int he turtledove wiki.

Well I want to create a bunch of ministers and land/naval units for the US, CSA, and Canada. But in order to do so I need to find out what id#s are available for the units and ministers. I tried some random numbers and it turns out they are already taken in the game, so there is a scenario error.
I suggest the following:
- Canada can use ids between 222001and 224999;
- USA can use ids between 602001and 604999;
- CSA can use ids between 242001and 244999;

We've assigned 5000 ids to each nation, so I've just given you the last 3000 ids used by CAN, USA and CSA (they don't have more than 2000 ministers so you should be safe). Please note that the same ids can be used for leaders and tech teams too.
Let me know if it works.

Hrm, mayhaps I am doing this worng.

Here is what I have down:

landunit =
{ id = { type = 222001 id = 1 }
name = "Ejercito de Cuba"
location = 1913
Division =
{ id = { type = 222001 id = 2 }
name = "1a Brigada de Ejercito"
strength = 10
type = infantry
model = 2
experience = 0
}
Division =
{ id = { type = 222001 id = 3 }
name = "1a Brigada de Caballería 'Floridita'"
strength = 30
type = cavalry
model = 2
extra = artillery
brigade_model = 0
experience = 2
}
}

This gives me an error, though. I'm not sure why?

Are you sure about Puerto Rico by the way? i don't see any mention of it int he turtledove wiki.

I thought the CSA fought the Spanish-American war in this timeline and snatched Cuba and Puerto Rico, but I just checked it and the wiki says that the CSA bought Cuba around 1970. Puerto Rico is not mentioned, so I take everything back. ;)

BTW, will you include certain revolters (don't want to spoil anything for the ones who didn't read the novels).

I thought the CSA fought the Spanish-American war in this timeline and snatched Cuba and Puerto Rico, but I just checked it and the wiki says that the CSA bought Cuba around 1970. Puerto Rico is not mentioned, so I take everything back. ;)

BTW, will you include certain revolters (don't want to spoil anything for the ones who didn't read the novels).

But of course!

USflag-GreatWar34Stars.png

US flag for the great war!
"The 34-star United States flag. The gaffe over separate references made to a 34-star and a 33-star flag in Walk in Hell became one of Harry Turtledove's most famous inconsistencies."

plus i hope you change color of Canada(feels weird if both CSA and Canada have white color)

The CSA controlling Northern Mexico hurts my eyes!

Reactions:
That's how it's in the books. :)

BTW, feel free to take anything from my mod if you'd like to do so, Faeelin.

I know. It sucks. I didn't read a lot of Turtledove books, but they seem very improvable. I wonder if returning that provinces to Mexico would be hard modding.