• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
According to the timeline the first fission bomb wasn't till feb 1944 and the first two atomic bomb armed cruise missiles weren't till April. Now obviously cruise missiles aren't historical at that stage but it's not beyond researching it from the start. What I was in fact referring to was Drakan Hond III which are basically M-1s vs Panthers.

Randallw said:
Brasidas, I'd like to see any work you've already done.

I am not attempting to get an exact rerun of the book. I'd just like to set up the world to see how it works out. I hadn't actually planned on recreating the paradrop and anyhow I know the AI doesn't use paradrops.

Alright, but what is the set-up that you plan to create? Is it a point of departure after the paradrop encirclement?

I'm not specifically trying to make it just so someone can play the Domination. I'd like to make other nations viable. In fact in my test game I want to play someone other than a major, Australasia perhaps, so I can see how things go with the ai.

Then it's going to be one hell of a lot more work.

Making an ai, of which I know the lest, was the last thing I was going to do. I could see how difficult it was going to be.

Alright, that's how most mods work during development towards their first playable state. But a design decision may be made taking into account AI development. If you don't have to worry about how an AI Draka is going to perform, you can basicly balance against the player by keeping the existing AIs of other factions and designing it as a tough go for the Draka. If not, you've got to keep the other factions relatively weak and ensure that the Draka can at least force a stalemate on their own turf.

I want to make Janissaries and citizens but thought I'd leave them for version 1 and work on it afterwards.

I was actually leaning towards german doctrines if I didn't make one up but it slipped my mind that the Janissaries do most of the fighting so I suppose human wave makes more sense.

I'd be interested to see how events making elite units work.

I've pretty much already described how they work. You take a divisions file (eg. light_armor.txt). You divide the ten models (0 through 9) into two groups and leave a blank model in the middle. Supposing one group to be of 5 and the other to be of 4, units 0 through 4 could be your "Citizen armor" units, 5 would be blank, and 6 through 9 would be conventional light armor.

Units of models 6 through 9 could be built, deployed, and upgraded. In this special case of light armor, they will upgrade from model 9 light armor to model 0 medium armor.

For the "special" models, the first model type would be activated and obsoleted by the same tech. This would make the receiver unable to build these models. Events will "build" units at the first "special" model (in this case, model 0). As research progresses, techs can activate a "regular" unit as well as activate/obsolete the corresponding "special" unit. So the special units are able to upgrade through the tree, but only if the appropriate technology is available.

Do you know how to keep multiple installations on a single computer? Go to www.totalrealismproject.com and get ahold of a TRP mod. The pattern is there in the divisions, tech, and "German_Elite.txt"/"Russian_Elite.txt" files.

Until recently I would have avoided making events that spontaneously launched special attacks. I checked Pearl Harbour and it didn't look like it actually caused damage or moved units, just gave you a bonus if you were about to do it manually, but I came across the US torch event and unless I'm mistaken it moved US units and occupied provinces.

I'm trying to even things out. I have no interest in making it so the Draka have far better tech. They might have a slight advantage but not an overwhelming one.

They don't need any tech advantage at all in my opinion. The paratroopers weren't further advanced that the Fallschirmjägers from what I've read. It was just a really big drop with cream of the crop troops.

The points for attention (imo) are modelling the traits of the Draka - the Citizens vs Janissaries, appropriate strength for Germany, Russia, Britain, and Japan, and an appropriate opening. It may be possible to model the drop through an event that effectively "moves" divisions, such as Allenby's events for the BEF in the 1914 mod.

Forget to metion:

Depending upon the point of departure from the books, Italy should be Draka territory.

Randallw said:

world-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I wanted to start in 36. I have so far written one event, and it relates to Italy. When the Domination takes Rome the high command has a choice to sack the city for extra loot but increased beligerence.

I use the generic mod enabler to keep my mod files seperate form the main game.

I was planning to make the Domination the head of a faction. The cominterm to be exact, kicking out SU. Of course it is more exactly the Domination as they don't take puppets or allies per se, but there's no way I know of to change the faction name. Tana Tuva and Mongolia are annexed by their neighbours and the SU shouldn't be considered a major power. Sure they're powerful, but from what I can tell they are even more isolationist and have no interest in expanding. They're just there for the Germans and Draka to prey on.

What WOULD be interesting is some way of representing the border skirmishes between the DOmiantion and SU. I can't remember if that is in the history or part of fan timelines I have read. Is there an event to represent the SU skirmishes with Japan, Kolken Gol I think it is.

There may be something in starting out small. Perhaps I could start version 1 by just setting up the Domination. If that works THEN perhaps I could think of other countries.

Edit: I almost forgot to say thanks to OAM. I await how the italy invasion event works :)

Ok, here is a pre-1936 event witch need to be adressed.

1921 Mussolini takes power in Italy, seizes Dalmatian coast and Montenegro.

Also, it appears Germany has to fight for studentinland, I can easily make that happen more then not by events, starting work now.

Events I'm working on now (not in order of work, order of time)

Nationalist defeat in SCW (not that it realy takes that much effort as it is, but I'll revise the coup to make rep commie all the time) -37

"Sudeten War" -37

Draka-Soviet Clashes (IE Soviet-Japan style) -37 and 38

Danzig or war (basicly same) -39

Japan-US skirmishes -40

Italy Invaded -May-June 41 or thereabouts

Barbarossa (one year victory for GER, sometime in january they take Moscow) -historical date

Super Pearl Harbor (plus JAP-SOV war) -12/3/41

JAP attack Hawaii and Panama -Jan-Mar 42

Marching through Georgia -April 42

New front in Bulgaria -Sept 42

Hitler dies -12/15/42

Aliance for Democracy founded -43

GER counteroffencive -April through September 43

That is the first half of the game basicly. I'll make events for all of these somehow, with varriable dates.

What about the European countries. Once the Draka penetrate Europe the European powers under German domination are freed and join in the fight (by the end I think something like only half the European defenders are German). They are now technically at war with US and UK since they are allied with Germany but I think the AFD suspends attacks on them while technically at war. This I think would be impossible. Probably just easier to make them agree to peace with Allies.

Draka warn US not to get involved or they will ally with Japan.

Spain has to decide if it want's to get involved and I think the other nuetrals like Sweden and Switzerland as well.

According to S.M. Stirling Sweden joined Germany after France surrendered, felt it was wiser and Switzerland joined after the Draka took Italy. The question came up on the Alt-History Newsgroup and Stirling goes there frequently so he answered the question.

So all of Europe expect Spain and Portugal would be part of the Pan Eurpoean Federation once Hitler is couped out in late 42 early 43. Free French units go back to the contient and everyone goes to fight the Draka.

Anyone know if this has moved forward any? I would love give this scenario a spin...