• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, i was thinking about the muuuuch earlier trade route crossing the Caucasus, through Ossetia, which allowed the rise of the kingdom of Alania (again prior to the game's timeframe, i know). It did allow the Alans a foothold on the Georgian side of the Caucasus.

That's the Daryal Pass. And it really should be in the game. Its location encouraged the Russians to take over Kabardia, and it was used by the Russians from 1769 to the end of the game, as well as being very important in the period before the game starts because various Turkic groups could get through if it wasn't properly defended (and were occasionally invited through by Georgian kings.) Just because Georgia in our timeline was too weak to expand in that direction and the other powers found it a useful natural frontier doesn't mean they couldn't possibly have done so, but more importantly it doesn't mean a power from the north couldn't invade that way. I'm travelling but I can provide citations if required.
Plus, frankly, it *existed* (and still exists.)

Please tell me you haven't made the Timurids lilac colored, I liked that shade of red.

Also, either someone's playing in Polish or Tbilisi is misspelled. And Mingrelia should be either Odishi (my preferred suggestion) or Samegrelo (or even Sabediani if you want to emphasise that the Dadianis were its rulers).

It's hard not to love all the new tags and provinces.

However.. it kind of reminds me of when the new Irish tags and provinces were added. They look cool for 30yrs or so of game time but by 1500 most have been eaten. They tend to rival each other and so they're easily picked off.

My suggestion won't be popular.. but I think maybe AE needs to be boosted for an aggressor annexing land outside of his culture group. Or maybe just in the case of a full annexation.

I should say from this first look I really like the rest of the changes - I half expected you guys would merge Kakheti and Kartli so there would be fewer tags, and although it's not ideal it's alright.
Can I also ask if there are any events relating to Georgia's dissolution?

I'm just glad the Red River finally looks like a strategic and natural border.

Purely coincidental, nobody designs a game around my personal feelings, but it looks so much better now.

Intrigued how the AI will handle this. In 1.18 it would've been a France 2.0 scenario.

I hope it won't become a second Navarra or Galicia. On the other hand, at least that way I could grab a few more achievements :D

Really excited for the patch.

@Trin Tragula Will the ruler monarch stats of any of the affected countries be altered?

I'm not sure how accurate 0-0-1 is for the Karaman beylik and the Timurid ruler Shah Rukh being 1-1-1 seems excessive (He wasn't anywhere near as an incompetent ruler as his successor Ulugh Beg, who I agree deserves his stats). When you consider the amount of decline events the Timurid tag gets and further rebels from religious unity problems, the low monarch stats do not effect the inevitable Timurid implosion under ai control.

The abdicate and disinherit features somewhat mitigate this in the countries that they are available in, but it is still a gamble on rolling a good heir and monarch points have only become more important as the game has developed since release.

I realise that these decisions were probably made before your time at Paradox, but I think a lot of the community would appreciate a review of ruler monarch stats at the 1444 starts, since I would imagine that these have not been altered since the game's initial release.

P.S. I will be very sad if there is not a DHE for the Mughals and Babur in this dlc :p

Pleased to see all of these new map changes!

I hope. Though they may have just changed it during the week.
No, you can see both colors in the previous dev dairy, the Timurids seem to have been split.