• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm attempting to update the buildings pages. The Building Cost template needs to be updated to the new building costs introduced in 1.9, but I seem to only be able to access the template doc page. Is that something an admin needs to update, or am I missing something?

I'm attempting to update the buildings pages. The Building Cost template needs to be updated to the new building costs introduced in 1.9, but I seem to only be able to access the template doc page. Is that something an admin needs to update, or am I missing something?
You are probably trying to edit the documentation page by mistake instead of the actual template.

Reactions:
Hello, I found this decision, which is pretty unique and it it not included on Wiki.

Attachments

• Ahar.png
    Ahar.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Hello, I found this decision, which is pretty unique and it it not included on Wiki.
For anyone who's interested, here are the conditions:
Code:
	is_shown = {
		faith = { #this is a decision for religious underdogs, needing a mountain home
			OR = { 
				has_doctrine = doctrine_heretic_branch_zandik
				has_doctrine = tenet_cthonic_redoubts
			}
		}

NOT = { exists = root.faith.religious_head }

is_landed = yes 
		exists = dynasty #just for sanity 

#Must be in the region
		any_held_title = {
			tier = tier_county
			title_province = {
				OR = {
					geographical_region = world_asia_minor
					geographical_region = world_middle_east_jerusalem
					geographical_region = world_middle_east_arabia
					geographical_region = world_middle_east_persia 
				}
			}
		}
		#Can't already be an empire, that'd ruin the underdog theme 
		highest_held_title_tier <= tier_kingdom
		#Not repeatable.
		NOT = {
			is_target_in_global_variable_list = {
				name = unavailable_unique_decisions
				target = flag:restored_badd_fortress #so it can't happen twice
			}
		}
	}

is_valid = {
		#Should have decent piety
		piety_level >= medium_piety_level 
		#Completely controls Badd
		has_title = title:c_tabriz 
		has_title = title:b_ahar 
		faith = { 	#again, a decision for religious underdogs, needing a mountain home
			OR = { 
				has_doctrine = doctrine_heretic_branch_zandik
				has_doctrine = tenet_cthonic_redoubts
			}
		}

custom_tooltip = {
			text = babak_fortress_faith_requirements 
			title:c_tabriz = {
				save_temporary_scope_as = tabriz
				county = { fp3_fortress_of_faith_county_trigger = yes }
			}
		}
	}

(It's restore_badd_fortress_decision in fp3_zoroastrian_decisions.txt :) )

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for maintaining the wiki. I greatly appreciate your efforts. The wiki has been a big help to me from the start, and you keep improving it. Thank you! <3

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hello there,

The CK3 modding coop is trying to make a concerted effort to update the modding section of the wiki.

One of the issues we are running into is that beginner and experienced modders do not need the same information at all, and laying out all available information can make things much more complicated for beginners than they need to be.

For example, in the following page
I would like to add things such as:
- errors that can be caused when accessing an event target from the wrong scope type, a saved scope that is null, a saved scope that hasn't been properly saved, etc
- optimization tips, like saving a character's opinion as a scope value to avoid it being computed Nth times over the course of an effect

Those informations would be useful to add in collapsible sections, so advanced users can get the info, but beginners do not get overwhelmed by too much information.

The wiki also routinely features huge lists that make navigating the whole thing annoying, if only because it pushes the reference section all the way down. Having the lists collapsed by default would alleviate that issue a lot.

Is this something that the wiki allows?

Reactions:
Hello there,

The CK3 modding coop is trying to make a concerted effort to update the modding section of the wiki.

One of the issues we are running into is that beginner and experienced modders do not need the same information at all, and laying out all available information can make things much more complicated for beginners than they need to be.

For example, in the following page
I would like to add things such as:
- errors that can be caused when accessing an event target from the wrong scope type, a saved scope that is null, a saved scope that hasn't been properly saved, etc
- optimization tips, like saving a character's opinion as a scope value to avoid it being computed Nth times over the course of an effect

Those informations would be useful to add in collapsible sections, so advanced users can get the info, but beginners do not get overwhelmed by too much information.

The wiki also routinely features huge lists that make navigating the whole thing annoying, if only because it pushes the reference section all the way down. Having the lists collapsed by default would alleviate that issue a lot.

Is this something that the wiki allows?
Technically yes, though if the page targets both begginer and advanced modders then why not splitting it into 2 articles? (provided they would be big enough on their own)

You can add a hatnote link or navigation section at the top of the pages afterwards.

Reactions:
Technically yes, though if the page targets both begginer and advanced modders then why not splitting it into 2 articles? (provided they would be big enough on their own)

Making 2 different articles about Scopes makes structure and navigation tricky, but I'll look into your suggestions.

Otherwise I found how to collapse lists by default, which already greatly helps to cut down on article length at a first glance.

For the reference box at the bottom of the modding articles, is that something we can modify on our own, or do we need to ask here for adding links to new articles in it?

Reactions:
Making 2 different articles about Scopes makes structure and navigation tricky, but I'll look into your suggestions.

Otherwise I found how to collapse lists by default, which already greatly helps to cut down on article length at a first glance.

For the reference box at the bottom of the modding articles, is that something we can modify on our own, or do we need to ask here for adding links to new articles in it?
You should be able to update it.
PM me or one of the wiki moderators if you're having issues.

Reactions: