Crusader Kings 2 - Patch 2.6.2 Release Checksum [TPOW] + Converter Updates - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has badboy been changed so that you now get it when your vassals conquer land too? Or is it a bug that I got BB from vassals conquering land?
Your vassals conquering land should always have been increasing your threat. I don't think there was any cases where it wasn't working. It has been like that since the release of Conclave.

- Added Vassal War Declaration laws

I really want to remove it back. It kills the half the fun of the game for me. What do you even do when you vassals never grow in power? Paint?

Should add opinion malus that existed with old crown law, or make it optional with a game rule.

I know it will eventually be changed because otherwise it's unthinkable from game balance perspective, but I kinda wished it were changed in 2.6.2...

Save games from 2.6.1 should work fine from what we've been able to test, but as always we can't guarantee that it works 100%.
Logically, this would extend to achievements--2.6.1 save games may not trigger achievements with 2.6.2 patch? If so, "seven centuries" just keeps getting further away, a mirage in the desert.

I really want to remove it back. It kills the half the fun of the game for me. What do you even do when you vassals never grow in power? Paint?

Should add opinion malus that existed with old crown law, or make it optional with a game rule.

I know it will eventually be changed because otherwise it's unthinkable from game balance perspective, but I kinda wished it were changed in 2.6.2...

I think that vassal laws do have an opinion malus.

Reactions:
Your vassals conquering land should always have been increasing your threat. I don't think there was any cases where it wasn't working. It has been like that since the release of Conclave.
Didn't play CKII between 2.4 and 2.6 so can't speak for 2.5, but at least in 2.6.1 I got no bb from my vassals conquering land and I do now under 2.6.2. Though it sounds like I was hit by a bug in 2.6.1; what a shame. I liked not getting bb from my vassals conquering.

Can't you just not pass it?
Or is the problems your direct vassals passing it thereby preventing wars further down the realm?

- Devouring the Head of a religion not your own may give Sympathy towards it. You are what you eat.

The best patch note!

Reactions:
I think that vassal laws do have an opinion malus.

They don't, unfortunately. Even worse, vassals don't try to change that through factions. You are castrating vassals forever by making council agree to that law just once.

One of very first comments in this thread welcomes the change and has lots of agreed votes. All I can say is I don't even..

Can't you just not pass it?
Or is the problems your direct vassals passing it thereby preventing wars further down the realm?

I can do that, but still it's an easy 'I win the game by passing one law' button since your vassals won't threaten you for good.

Another problem is that AIs try to pass it by default behavior. As a result you get brain dead vassals(who don't ever grow, don't try to switch it back and don't even complain) in all AI realms even if I as a player do not pass it.

Reactions:
I can do that, but still it's an easy 'I win the game by passing one law' button since your vassals won't threaten you for good.

Another problem is that AIs try to pass it by default behavior. As a result you get brain dead vassals(who don't ever grow, don't ever try to switch it back and don't even complain) in all AI realms even if I as a player do not pass it.
Vassals can still grow through inheritance though. But I don't like it either and I too would prefer it gone.

Also by not passing it then at least your direct vassals can still wage wars on each other. But yes it is problematic that vassals on lower levels are prevented from waging war.

They don't, unfortunately. Even worse, vassals don't try to change that through factions. You are castrating vassals forever by making council agree to that law just once.

vassal_wars_law_0 has feudal_opinion = 5
vassal_wars_law_1 has feudal_opinion = -5
vassal_wars_law_2 has feudal_opinion = -10

Reactions:
Oh, I guess they changed it from beta. I didn't know. I made a thread about it when they didn't change it few days ago.

Still the values are superficial. Old centralization law used to give -30 opinion modifiers at max which didn't allow vassal wars outside of realm. Do vassals form a faction to roll it back? If not -5 to prevent internal fighting is not going to do anything.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Vassals can still grow through inheritance though. But I don't like it either and I too would prefer it gone.

Also by not passing it then at least your direct vassals can still wage wars on each other. But yes it is problematic that vassals on lower levels are prevented from waging war.

AIs don't seem to 'strategically' marry to efficiently grow their power, let alone it is much slower than war even if done strategically.

Yes, I actually play without passing the law. However the game feels half cooked with all AI realm vassals chilling around doing nothing besides marriages.

Reactions:
AIs don't seem to 'strategically' marry to efficiently grow their power, let alone it is much slower than war even if done strategically.

Yes, I actually play without passing the law. However the game feels half cooked with all AI realm vassals chilling around doing nothing besides marriages.
Don't your direct vassals wage wars on themselves. I really hope they do, since I too am not passing that law. Haven't really tried 2.6.2 yet, so haven't been able to see whether direct vassals are lobotomised too with this.

Logically, this would extend to achievements--2.6.1 save games may not trigger achievements with 2.6.2 patch? If so, "seven centuries" just keeps getting further away, a mirage in the desert.

I think achievements should be fine. My understanding is that the patch is roughly compatible and most people shouldn't experience any problems. However, they can't guarantee that and there is the potential for small bugs to occur.

Is there any way to check whether the save game is still valid for achievements?
Edit: You can check achievement status in game rules (the little i on the top left of your character's portrait)

Last edited:
Wow, that isn't even a slap on the wrist. @Darkrenown, was this meant to have teeth, or be in any way a discouragement from taking the law?

Reactions:
Anyone starting a new let's play or AAR with lowest Demesne rule and maybe even lowest vassal limit? Maybe some other crazy rules like that too.

Question:

If I create the Kingdom of Israel and transfer my game to EUIV, will this special kingdom have special features/flavour/text?

Reactions: