Augustus - Teaser #9 - 4th of August 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not much useful, but good news.

EDIT: but weird thing for Space game. IMHO the inertia of establishment is far too powerful for individuals to have the kind of impact they used to have. Politicians rise because people want them to rise and only for short time, scientists work in large groups and close collaboration...
I don't know. It feels weird

This feels more uninspiring each day. Started of all enthusiastic, but each day feel less & less likely that this will be something I wIll like. Hope it proves me wrong, but I expect I am going back to play the old Vic2, & CK2, as well as EU4.

Not much useful, but good news.

EDIT: but weird thing for Space game. IMHO the inertia of establishment is far too powerful for individuals to have the kind of impact they used to have. Politicians rise because people want them to rise and only for short time, scientists work in large groups and close collaboration...
I don't know. It feels weird

Totally agree on this. The nature of politics and property/land rights in the middle ages means CK2 can get away with being as character-focussed as it is (it's still a bit skewed too far towards characters away from how things actually worked, but it's close enough that it feels reasonable) - but before (the age of empires and city-states) or after (the age of nation-states and mass interest groups) and a game that was half as character-focussed as CK2 would feel fairly odd and utterly implausible. That said, you can still have important leaders (and other characters) without us needing to sort through lists and lists to work out who our sons or daughters are going to marry - we can but hope :).

Argh, you're really killing me :D

I hope you do a wrap up of how it all played together, but so far I don't see any way to truly eliminate anything?

Well, except cold war game, but that was not due to the hints :p

I take it all back, it's not a space game. In space no one can hear you lead.

Totally agree on this. The nature of politics and property/land rights in the middle ages means CK2 can get away with being as character-focussed as it is (it's still a bit skewed too far towards characters away from how things actually worked, but it's close enough that it feels reasonable) - but before (the age of empires and city-states) or after (the age of nation-states and mass interest groups) and a game that was half as character-focussed as CK2 would feel fairly odd and utterly implausible. That said, you can still have important leaders (and other characters) without us needing to sort through lists and lists to work out who our sons or daughters are going to marry - we can but hope :).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FeudalFuture

Although Paradox did tell us that elections are important, contra this article.

Probably both;)

Maybe it is some space colonization game much like alpha centauri with colonize only have a population count of about 10 000 people not a 10 000 star empire:)

tumblr_lj71lu7j5b1qzgh35o1_500.jpg

In CK2 leaders are super important, in EU4 a bit less, only monarch points, no leaders in Vic 2 and somewhat good represented leaders in HoI. As older the time period of the game the leaders are more important. Looks like a hint to antique/classical age grand strategy

So we know that characters play a role but in all periods of history there were leaders and they were important. So this doesn't help at all
Continuing my thoughts: In my opinion this seems to be the biggest hint pointing against space yet, for reasons someone stated before. When I think leaders, I think people from the past: Alexander, Pyrrhus, Charlemagne, Gengis Khan and so on and so forth. What makes you think this is space confirmed?