• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bavaria - No
Georgia - No
Great Scotland - Yes, failure
Greece - Yes, success
Italy - Yes, success
Lithuania - No
Magdeburg - Yes, success
Poland - No
Portugal - Yes, success
Romania - Yes, failure
Russia - Yes, success
Saxony - Yes, failure
Serbia - No
Spain - Yes, failure
Sweden - No
Teutonic Order - Yes, failure
Tirol - Yes, success
Trier - Yes, success

My revolution spreads a lot, it seems. :p

Reactions:
Great Scotland - Yes, Failure
Italy - Yes, Success
Lithuania - No
Magdeburg - Yes, Success
Poland - Yes, Failure
Portugal - Yes, Success
Romania - No
Russia - No
Saxony - No
Serbia - No
Spain - No
Sweden - No
Teutonic Order - Yes, Failure

I find it interesting that everyone so far wants a failed revolution in Great Scotland. Hail Scottania!

Bavaria - No
Georgia - No
Great Scotland - Yes, Failure
Greece - No
Italy - Yes, Success
Lithuania - No
Magdeburg - Yes, Success
Poland - No
Portugal - Yes, Failure
Romania - No
Russia - No
Saxony - Yes, Failure
Serbia - No
Spain - Yes, Success (Iberian Republic, *wink* *wink* ;))
Sweden - Overwhelmingly yes and success! (Since I'm from Sweden anyway ;))
Teutonic Order - No
Tirol - Yes, Failure
Trier - No

Well if there is going to be an Iberian Republic, it won't be formed by Spain. I'm not very nice to them in the post-history. :D

Well I'll have to take your vote more in consideration for Sweden, although I did plan to tie them to another nation's revolution.

Bavaria - No
Georgia - No
Great Scotland - Yes, failure
Greece - Yes, success
Italy - Yes, success
Lithuania - No
Magdeburg - Yes, success
Poland - No
Portugal - Yes, success
Romania - Yes, failure
Russia - Yes, success
Saxony - Yes, failure
Serbia - No
Spain - Yes, failure
Sweden - No
Teutonic Order - Yes, failure
Tirol - Yes, success
Trier - Yes, success

My revolution spreads a lot, it seems. :p

Revolution for everyone! Also Revolutionary Russia seems terrifying. Actually, I guess that would just be Soviet Russia. :p

I find it interesting that everyone so far wants a failed revolution in Great Scotland. Hail Scottania!

I think people want Great Scotland to be a counterrevolution beacon to the world. What I picture is a small minority tries to get revolutionary fervor going in Great Scotland, but people overwhelmingly reject it and when the revolutionaries attack, they are quickly put down. If Great Scotland is anything like IRL Great Britain, then they already have a strong parliament and are well on their way to real democracy, something the revolution could never achieve.

This also allows for a unique result of the failed revolution. In one part of Great Scotland, the revolution may have managed to take hold, perhaps Ireland. If this happens, the revolutionaries could move from violence to politics being an important minority for decades.

Revolution for everyone! Also Revolutionary Russia seems terrifying. Actually, I guess that would just be Soviet Russia. :p

Well, since The Communist Manifesto was written in 1848, you could have an early Soviet Union.

Reactions:
I think people want Great Scotland to be a counterrevolution beacon to the world. What I picture is a small minority tries to get revolutionary fervor going in Great Scotland, but people overwhelmingly reject it and when the revolutionaries attack, they are quickly put down. If Great Scotland is anything like IRL Great Britain, then they already have a strong parliament and are well on their way to real democracy, something the revolution could never achieve.

This also allows for a unique result of the failed revolution. In one part of Great Scotland, the revolution may have managed to take hold, perhaps Ireland. If this happens, the revolutionaries could move from violence to politics being an important minority for decades.

Well, since The Communist Manifesto was written in 1848, you could have an early Soviet Union.

I have imagined Great Scotland as a more liberal nation just like Great Britain in irl, but not really as counter-revolutionary nation. They were one of the few Europeans that didn't outright hate France at the end of the game. I've viewed Saxony as more of a beacon for counter-revolutionary thought, since they have an obvious grudge with France and the ideas of the revolution. They'd still be Emperor of the HRE if it wasn't for the Revolution.

Hmmm, the idea of revolutionaries entering politics is interesting. I guess it's like a communist party in non-communist countries.

Maybe I should be considering different types of revolutions then. Having a communist country or two would be interesting. I can definitely see Russia going that way again.

I have imagined Great Scotland as a more liberal nation just like Great Britain in irl, but not really as counter-revolutionary nation. They were one of the few Europeans that didn't outright hate France at the end of the game. I've viewed Saxony as more of a beacon for counter-revolutionary thought, since they have an obvious grudge with France and the ideas of the revolution. They'd still be Emperor of the HRE if it wasn't for the Revolution.

Hmmm, the idea of revolutionaries entering politics is interesting. I guess it's like a communist party in non-communist countries.

Maybe I should be considering different types of revolutions then. Having a communist country or two would be interesting. I can definitely see Russia going that way again.

Maybe Great Scotland isn't counterrevolutionary, but they represent an alternative to both traditional monarchies and revolutionary states.

Reactions:
I was seeing the revolution in Great Scotland more along the lines of an English uprising against the Scottish elite. Seeing the French put the revolution in the name of nationalism, the oppressed English would rise up, as they wouldn't be beaten by the French to do something that profits them :rolleyes:. As they're more numerous, they'd turn around the table on the Scots in their parliament.

Reactions:
I was seeing the revolution in Great Scotland more along the lines of an English uprising against the Scottish elite. Seeing the French put the revolution in the name of nationalism, the oppressed English would rise up, as they wouldn't be beaten by the French to do something that profits them :rolleyes:. As they're more numerous, they'd turn around the table on the Scots in their parliament.
Wouldn't that be a success then?

Reactions:
Reactions:
Maybe Great Scotland isn't counterrevolutionary, but they represent an alternative to both traditional monarchies and revolutionary states.

I think they're a good third path. They show a way towards liberalism and democracy without revolution, while also avoiding the trappings of most monarchies.

Wouldn't that be a success then?

Not if the English uprising fails :p

Keep in mind that England still exists in the New World, so it'd make sense that most of the true English patriots would have fled already.

Not if the English uprising fails :p
The English population is likely less than IRL, so they may not be as numerous. If the revolution takes hold in Ireland, then the revolutionary party becomes an important swing vote, but also a dangerous loose cannon that the other parties attempt to control.

Reactions:
The English population is likely less than IRL, so they may not be as numerous. If the revolution takes hold in Ireland, then the revolutionary party becomes an important swing vote, but also a dangerous loose cannon that the other parties attempt to control.

Now it sounds like I'm going to have to write a lot about Scottish internal politics. Lol, all my events are going to seem so lackluster with their generalized descriptions of world events. :p

Now it sounds like I'm going to have to write a lot about Scottish internal politics. Lol, all my events are going to seem so lackluster with their generalized descriptions of world events. :p

I was also thinking in the way of a failed revolution in the Isles, but a successful revolution in scottish mexico, them being the analogue to the US in IRL, and perhaps a northern counterweight to Argentina/La Plata so you would have a strong country in north america and a strong country in south america, dominating the repective countryparts, just like the US in IRL.

Reactions:
I was also thinking in the way of a failed revolution in the Isles, but a successful revolution in scottish mexico, them being the analogue to the US in IRL, and perhaps a northern counterweight to Argentina/La Plata so you would have a strong country in north america and a strong country in south america, dominating the repective countryparts, just like the US in IRL.

Oh believe me, I have big plans for Scottish Mexico. They deserve to be the US of this timeline.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Well I didn't post in quite some time. As for my votes it goes like this:

Bavaria NO
Georgia NO
Great Scotland YES, Failure
Greece NO
Italy YES, Success
Lithuania NO
Magdeburg YES, Success
Poland YES, Success
(I know that You probably written most of the updates, if not all of them but if You would need names for some political parties I'll be happy to provide some)
Portugal YES, Success
Romania NO
(Leave Romania alone!)
Russia YES, Success
(All hail Mother Russia)
Saxony NO
Serbia YES, Failure
Spain YES, Success
Sweden NO
Teutonic Order YES, Success
Tirol NO
Trier NO

Things in France are getting really interesting, expecialy with the coalition rising. Shame that the republic has failed, but maybe it's better that way. Nothing stands in the way of nationalism!

Reactions:
Oh believe me, I have big plans for Scottish Mexico. They deserve to be the US of this timeline.

Do they really deserve to be the USA of this timeline? They are perfectly willing to remain under Great Scotland's rule and wouldn't really allow for a believable Civil War over slavery. The South is suitable for agriculture and would be the likely region for slavery. The North isn't really suitable for much of anything and if there was a war over slavery, it wouldn't be much of a fight. I could see a good Civil War over something else, but I don't know what that would be.

Just a suggestion for the new world, have two nations with relatively equal strength. IRL is kinda boring with only the USA with real strength. I think we need 2 USA's of this timeline.

Reactions:
United States of Mexico, anyone?

They certainly won't go by that name. The name United States in general is ridiculous enough. No offence to Americans, but it's not really much of a name. :p

Well I didn't post in quite some time. As for my votes it goes like this:

Bavaria NO
Georgia NO
Great Scotland YES, Failure
Greece NO
Italy YES, Success
Lithuania NO
Magdeburg YES, Success
Poland YES, Success
(I know that You probably written most of the updates, if not all of them but if You would need names for some political parties I'll be happy to provide some)
Portugal YES, Success
Romania NO
(Leave Romania alone!)
Russia YES, Success (All hail Mother Russia)
Saxony NO
Serbia YES, Failure
Spain YES, Success
Sweden NO
Teutonic Order YES, Success
Tirol NO
Trier NO

Things in France are getting really interesting, expecialy with the coalition rising. Shame that the republic has failed, but maybe it's better that way. Nothing stands in the way of nationalism!

I've written practically nothing about Poland, so if they do have a revolution I can stick it anywhere. Also, don't expect these revolution to be that highly detailed like the French one. If I went into that much detail, I'd have an entire second AAR to write. :D

Do they really deserve to be the USA of this timeline? They are perfectly willing to remain under Great Scotland's rule and wouldn't really allow for a believable Civil War over slavery. The South is suitable for agriculture and would be the likely region for slavery. The North isn't really suitable for much of anything and if there was a war over slavery, it wouldn't be much of a fight. I could see a good Civil War over something else, but I don't know what that would be.

Just a suggestion for the new world, have two nations with relatively equal strength. IRL is kinda boring with only the USA with real strength. I think we need 2 USA's of this timeline.

Actually, their liberty desire was at like 80% when we left Great Scotland in 1800. I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason they didn't rebel in-game is all the wars Great Scotland dragged them into. And by US I meant dominant power in North America. I don't particularly like the idea of just redoing history with new names and borders. It's much more fun making things up that follow the trends of history.

I think all the South American nations are pretty strong in this timeline and could compete with Scottish Mexico. They're all quite large and also have a strange taste for African colonization. :p

They certainly won't go by that name. The name United States in general is ridiculous enough. No offence to Americans, but it's not really much of a name. :p

The name of the United States of America really is a very accurate description. In four words it tells you it's a federalized nation and that it's in the Americas. Names like the United Kingdom or Iceland don't really tell you anything about that nation.

Reactions:
The name of the United States of America really is a very accurate description. In four words it tells you it's a federalized nation and that it's in the Americas. Names like the United Kingdom or Iceland don't really tell you anything about that nation.

They could at least come up with a term other than Americans to refer to themselves. I've seen enough temperamental South Americans argue that they're Americans too since they see North and South America as one continent. Gets rather confusing. :oops:

That's why I almost always called the UK Great Britain. Sounds way cooler. I should start calling them Great Scotland instead. That's even cooler. :p

They could at least come up with a term other than Americans to refer to themselves. I've seen enough temperamental South Americans argue that they're Americans too since they see North and South America as one continent. Gets rather confusing. :oops:

That's why I almost always called the UK Great Britain. Sounds way cooler. I should start calling them Great Scotland instead. That's even cooler. :p

Well, it's first come first serve. The USA was founded and American wasn't taken, so they used it. Just like how Australia is on the continent of Australia. It really isn't very confusing, some people just want to make it that way.

The only real difference between Great Britain and United Kingdom is Great Britain doesn't include North Ireland and United Kingdom does. Still, they are interchangeable.

I say let countries have what ever name they want. Besides, nothing can be worse than Sealand. :p

Reactions: