• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If dev diaries were sausages, it'd be illegal to call this one a sausage as it has so little meat to it. :(

Ohwell, atleast we know the sausage factory is open.
hahahaha

This is epic

Not sure about Fascism, but Communists should definitely get a 'spread the revolution' CB. Bonus points if it raises the organisation of communist rebels worldwide for every successful war using it.

Are there any real history examples? USSR talked about it but there weren't any wars "to spread revolution".

Will there be any improvements to the AI (White peacing, racking up massive debt and bankrupting themselves, adding wargoals like Prussia wanting a landlocked state in the middle of Russia), and will there be any more sense of historical events such as the Ottomans breaking up? These are my main concerns.

Is there a new icon at the top bar under Politics? Between rebel flag and "decision available" icon. Anyways, nice to see some new map modes, does the 2nd scenario mean that the game will also support additional scenarios like Hearts of Iron III or it's just going to be limited to 2 scenarios?

Additionally, ah, west virginia. Until the union has boots on the ground and has actually occupied it... well, it should be confederate. Lincoln really didn't even have the constitutional power outside of the right of occupation (which only counts if you consider the confederacy to have been a separate country during the war -- yay inconsistencies!) to declare it a separate state from Virginia.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a southerner so I tend to take notice of such things.

Thank you!
-Atma

Will there be the option to hand over the armys control to the A.I like in HoI3?

The one that looks like a circle... Isn't that the Election in Progress icon?

Oh, probably.

Are there any real history examples? USSR talked about it but there weren't any wars "to spread revolution".

Technically, they did spread it during World War II, puppets all over Eastern Europe. :) And all the republics annexed into the USSR had some kind of autonomy AFAIK, so technically it was also spreading communism. And during Vietnam and Korean wars they protected communism too, altought not sure if it encouraged communism at all.

Finally, I was beginning to think there won't be any DD for this expansion, which would have been sad, since I like DDs.

This one is however an introduction. CSA borders are not correct, North Germany either (Prussia shouldn't have Schleswig-Holstein yet. The pope should have a bigger part of Italy, Romania should be unified (after Crimean war) and Krakow should be Austrian. I'm looking forward to know what new mapmodes we have, but I'm mainly interested by politic.

About Tunisia, I don't think it should be Ottoman's if it wasn't in the 1836 scenario, except if it's part of a design to take in account the "formal" borders, in which way China should have a similar treatment instead of breaking it apart.

The Polish-Soviet War may count as one. If the Reds had defeated the Poles then its posible that communists may have risen up or been installed as pupet governments in eastern europe and perhaps even Germany.

Now that I think about it it would be nice if the most powerful communist country in the game could set up a Comintern. I've imagined it working abit like the papacy in EUIII.

I noticed something! I noticed something!
The UK's biggest import is fabric. Fabric. The UK's biggest import is fabric. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

;)

This is looking fantastic, I can't wait to see the new politics stuff.

During WW1/The Russian Civil War, the Civil War spread into the Baltic States, Eastern Europe, Central Asia including Persia, Finland, Turkey, Mongolia and the Red Army worked to ensure the victory of communism.

Additionally, ah, west virginia. Until the union has boots on the ground and has actually occupied it... well, it should be confederate. Lincoln really didn't even have the constitutional power outside of the right of occupation (which only counts if you consider the confederacy to have been a separate country during the war -- yay inconsistencies!) to declare it a separate state from Virginia.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a southerner so I tend to take notice of such things.

Thank you!
-Atma

Erm, West Virginia is...complicated. Yes, technically it wasn't a separate state from Virginia until 1863. At the same time, Virginia was hardly 100% pro-confederacy either, even in 1861. Among the Southern States, it had one of the bigger pro-union presences, Army of Northern Virginia or otherwise. So yes, I think "yay inconsistencies" sums it up pretty succinctly.

Actually, on both a specific ACW level and a general civil war level (I'm looking at you, Russia), are we gonna see a more accurate modeling of complicated civil wars in the game? The CSA should have to build up to foreign intervention, as should the russian civil war states.

Note: I don't own this game (V2), yet. so it's my own fault if this is already addressed.

I noticed something! I noticed something!
The UK's biggest import is fabric. Fabric. The UK's biggest import is fabric. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

;)

It's probably because at the start of the game, fabric factories produce more output than any so it will change with time as demand for other goods rise.

Will there be a feature to prevent trade with another country? Like if you want to embargo the UK but not engage war, you make it so that your country doesn't buy or sell products to them and they have to look for it elsewhere. Like you would sell goods to France, and UK would have to buy those goods from France but at a more costly price since France is re-selling it to UK rather than UK buying it from you directly.

Also there should be a feature which allows you to Forbid immigration from X country to avoid minorities increasing population in border provinces (which should give X country a CB as it enhances the claims that said province has cultural value to its home population).