• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Honestly the dd shows nothing new. Sad.
Hope we will get lucky next week.

Let me explain simply for people complaining:
First DD = Early in the project.
Early in the project = New features not made yet.
New features not made yet = Not much to put in DD.
With a few seconds thought this should be obvious.

So you get a brief overview of the plans for the expansion and a look at something almost-done and visible, the new scenario. Which is new, so you are quite incorrect to say there is nothing. There are also several new mapmode buttons visible.

So you get a brief overview of the plans for the expansion and a look at something almost-done and visible, the new scenario. Which is new, so you are quite incorrect to say there is nothing. There are also several new mapmode buttons visible.

Is the project in such an early stage that there are no sort of design documents detailing the planned new features? Because the "brief overview of the plans" is basically "We make improvements" and how is that different to a patch really? If you'd said "We'll be improving the economy by introducing regional markets and more diverse product trees"(for example) and "the politics will be improved with the introduction of regional strongholds, more diverse election events" etc. then I think this'd be a lot better and possibly worth getting a bit excited for. Of course have the seperate in depth episodes detailing the new features when they're in/being worked on but at least mention them in the bit thats supposed to overview them.

I'm really hoping the multiplayer experience will be better than it was when V2 was released. Even a couple of patches, the MP left much to be desired. I loved Revolutions MP but the constant out of sync and other problems made it almost unplayable, so I really hope there will be some focus on MP stability. I would also really love to see the introduction of province/money trading between countries. I understand it was exploitable in V1 and because of that never built into V2 but it would be very nice to have it at least between human players.

For this very reason, every first DD tends to be like this. Sure, it's a little less meaty. But that's to be expected for the reasons you mention. The first DD tends to be an introduction of some kind. Sometimes introducing the team working on the project, or shortly outlining what the project entails.

Is the project in such an early stage that there are no sort of design documents detailing the planned new features?

No, but the problem with doing DDs on features that are only designed rather than made is they sometimes change or are even cut, then people complain we "lied to them" or we "broke our promise".

Let's hope the improvements of this Expansion will include such things as making annexation valid. Like making it cost, for example, 2-3 infamy per province (like in Ricky!) instead of 20 regardless of size.

Just saying.

Out of curiosity, will we be able to see further diplomacy options? more specifically, whether diplomatic proposals could possibly be made multi-dimensional, including multiple give and takes in the same proposal? (ie I offer my juicy carribean colony for military access through your lands + an alliance?)

Schleswig-Holstein being Prussian 1861 before the 1864 war. Is there something new that stops Prussia from eating all of Denmark in the first year of the game?

This bugs me somewhat. If it is indeed the case that this is to stop Austrian/Prussian Greenland from appearing every other game, there must be a better solution?

Out of curiosity, will we be able to see further diplomacy options? more specifically, whether diplomatic proposals could possibly be made multi-dimensional, including multiple give and takes in the same proposal? (ie I offer my juicy carribean colony for military access through your lands + an alliance?)

Oh I wanted such a complex diplomatic system since the release of Eu3. I think Rise of Nations has something like it. A kind of give and take diplomacy with offers and counteroffers. The problem will probably be that the AI is stupid as hell and you will be able to exploit the system easily.