+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Steam Version Request - Sign Here If You Want It [1 post/person]

The Non-Steam Version Request - Sign Here If You Want It [1 post/person]

POST HERE TO REQUEST A NON-STEAM VERSION.
    One post per person in this thread. A short & sweet signature is all you need.
    No Steam hate or love required nor needed . Please & Thank you.

Update - Oct 29/11 - 5:50 AM EST: 13 signatures
    Update - Oct 29/11 - 9:20 AM EST: 26 signatures (including Shams!)
    Update - Oct 30/11 - 6:50 PM EST: 102 signatures (112 - 10 unrelated posts)

I would gladly repay for a non-Steam version, and I'm sure there's many others that would love a non-Steam version as well. As it stood, so far, it was clear there wasn't going to be a non-Steam version.

But now, given the following quote by Paradox Staff member Shams:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shams View Post
    The Kerberos guys wanted to do a non-steam - but getting everything ready for release meant choices had to be made. Unless there's a 5000 man strong petition for a non-steam version it's not likely to happen...
    I think there's some [very minute almost non-existent, but still] hope. All we need is 5000 people!
    [lol yea that's not happening but worth it to try ]

Now, Shams probably made the comment offhandedly, so it's of course in no way a guarantee, nor a promise and might not even be a realistic possibility.

But if do manage to get 5000 signatures in this thread, that would at least be a very powerful message.
    And if it fails/flops, it would at least be an interesting experiment. So have fun with it.

So keep it clean. Sign your name. That's all.

Enjoy.

Signed - Innocent Beard

EDIT: Shams himself has signed! We thank him for his support of course. Here is what he had to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shams View Post
    signed!

Yes, who is this Shams character anyway and why should we trust his offhand remarks?

Well I hear he works as a producer and with business development at Paradox. So he can problably be trusted, we just need to get more signatures.

What are you waiting for? Snap to it.

/s
    Last edited by Innocent Beard; 31-10-2011 at 00:51.
    Please Sign the Non-Steam Version Request Petition for SOTS II: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-1-post-person
    QUOTES USED IN POSTS: Always refer to the Original quote to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Click on the small arrows to do so.
    GREATEST NECRO EVER!: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12291291

Signed, since I don't really like Steam.

Second Lieutenant Gibimus Maximus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2

I doubt any kind of petition will achieve what you want. Who is Shams? Surely not a Kerberos employee.

Count me in, of course!

Edit: I would pay again for a non-steam, non-drm version.
    Last edited by InsulaBarataria; 29-10-2011 at 12:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibimus Maximus View Post
    I doubt any kind of petition will achieve what you want. Who is Shams? Surely not a Kerberos employee.
    A Paradox employee. But please. Let it be a fun exercise. It's not harming anyone to post here. If you don't want to request it, don't. Enjoy.

EDIT: I'll keep a running tally of signatures, usually post count subtract known unrelated posts, hence the 1 post/person rule.
    Please Sign the Non-Steam Version Request Petition for SOTS II: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-1-post-person
    QUOTES USED IN POSTS: Always refer to the Original quote to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Click on the small arrows to do so.
    GREATEST NECRO EVER!: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12291291

signed "old fart"

I'll put links to here in the other steam thread

Edit: Innocent Beard beat me to it
    Forum rules:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...aq_forum_rules
    Heraldic Armies: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...eraldic-armies
    Horses Project:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Horses-project

Founder: Paradox Modders International, The Iconians Club 20, 150+ friends association,The Chaapa'ai, 500k Club Social Groups

Signed indeed. Steam is a nice platform but SotS 2 doesn't need it. No DRM, supply the same game and binaries to everyone.

Steam sucks. Signed.

Signed
    God GM in A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...f-Ice-and-Fire.

71 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyDeus VultVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I would buy a non-Steam version. Signed.

To give you all a little hope, the original petition for CK2 had 863 posts.
    Last edited by Weijun; 29-10-2011 at 12:42.
    Sages such as Yao and Shun and Tyrants such as Chieh and Chou come but once a thousand generations. Mediocrities follow on the heels of each other; the rulers of the world are invariably among them. -- Han Fei Tzu
    When the lips are gone, the teeth are cold. -- Han Fei Tzu
    I have not been tested (with the responsibility of high office), so I have learned many (lesser) skills. -- Confucius
    Simplified characters are an abomination. -- Me

The cost of Steam:
    PI games not bought because of Steam: 20
    PDS games not bought because of Steam: 1

PDS games bought despite Steam: 1

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Signed.
    ~CaBhaal

Signed ... i would buy a new version

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Aye.

Edit: Steam allows these things to happen. Games that do not work should not be released.

Signed.
    Last edited by EvilSoeren; 29-10-2011 at 12:53.

Signed
    AKA: RoninX @ Taleworlds: M&B

Signed, but I'm not paying a cent for it. Already bought this game, thanks!

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

Signed

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

+ 1

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    +1. Give us a choice, Paradox.
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast