• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tunch Khan said:
I tried to place a trigger for the event where capital is Constantinople.

:confused:
I was only pointing out that event moving capital to Constantinople has option B. In option B capital stays in Bursa, so I guess it means no "heir to the Roman Empire" stuff. Checking if event has happened does not tell us which option was chosen.

zdlugasz said:
:confused:
I was only pointing out that event moving capital to Constantinople has option B. In option B capital stays in Bursa, so I guess it means no "heir to the Roman Empire" stuff. Checking if event has happened does not tell us which option was chosen.
Is there a trigger to check if a certain city is the capital? or how do i place "option b" as a trigger?

Tunch Khan said:
Is there a trigger to check if a certain city is the capital? or how do i place "option b" as a trigger?
No and impossible.

You have to modify original TUR event and use setflag command in action_a for example. In your event, you have to test flag value. If true, capital moved to Constantinople.

Other solution is to add sleepevent <id_of_your_event> in original TUR event in the action where your event becomes impossible.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
No and impossible.

You have to modify original TUR event and use setflag command in action_a for example. In your event, you have to test flag value. If true, capital moved to Constantinople.

Other solution is to add sleepevent <id_of_you_event> in original TUR event in the action where your event becomes impossible.
That sucks... :( But thanks for the information.

YodaMaster said:
No and impossible.

Other solution is to add sleepevent <id_of_your_event> in original TUR event in the action where your event becomes impossible.

you can probably have the COT trigger to signify that constantinople is the capital,
this might be easier

Garbon said:
I think the one question that needs to be asked is, if the Ottomans were to have re-established their dominance, as in owned, in the various provinces ruled by governors would the populaces have been happy with their rule? As of yet, I'm not really convinved of that for the arabic portions of Algiers or the provinces through Cyrenaica.

Your post is a bit older, but I use it as a reminder about the yet unsolved Ottoman culture removal discussion:

I have already submitted my suggestion about removing arabic culture from the Ottomans starting cultures - so that they gain it only when they start to conquer arabic provinces.

To be still discussed is the removal of cultures in the decline of the Ottomans:
arabic
slavonic
greek

Currently we have several opinions:

Tunch Khan for example sees the removal of arabic culture not before the end of the game - so no removal event needed (because the Ottomans successfully ruled the arabian provinces between Aleppo and Hedjaz);

zdlugasz is unsure about arabic and agrees that slavonic could be removed, e.g. around the serbian independance of 1800

Norrefeldt has the same issue as Tunch about the Ottomans still ruling in Arabia,

Garbon sees the arabic culture as something that could be split when I
understood him right - so that the Ottomans could keep "true arabian" to rule Mekkah until the end of the game, but would lose the "north african arabian" culture - and that the rulers of Morocco should not be able to rule effectively in Mekkah.

I´m myself in doubt - I originally suggested to remove arabian with the independance of Egypt (as the last of the north african indepandance events), but I tend to agree that the Ottomans should not lose the culture to rule Mekkah until the end of the game.

I´ll try to sum that up to something we could all agree upon:

1) Slavonic and Greek - Fodorons event talks about serbian and greek nationalistic tenddencies, but the event gives revoltrisk all over the place instead of being specifically what the text indicates. I would suggest to replace the generic revoltrisk with the removal of greek and slavonic culture. This would fit perfectly with Fodorons text and it could be a good motivation in 1800 for the Ottomans to release Serbia instead of trying to subjugate them in events 3399 choice.

Code:
#(1780-1820) Economical crisis
#by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 301114
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 359 data = -1 } #Hellas
			owned = { province = 355 data = -1 } #Serbia
			neighbour = RUS
			countrysize = 25
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301114" #Hyperinflation and nationalism
	desc = "EVENTHIST301114"
	#-#In 1780, under financial constrains after the Russian war over Crimea, the Ottoman government started to resort to currency debasement. The resulting inflation and the rebellions that it caused, together with more wars prompted more debasements until 1850 creating a massive hyperinflation of 1,200 to 1,500 percent leading to the replacement of the Akche by the Kurus, at a rate of 120 to one, and exacerbating every problem in the Ottoman Empire. Eventually even the British Pound was affected by this crisis that led to lack of foreign credit by the Ottoman government and temporary foreign financial control of the debt administration in 1881. This long economical crisis marks the lowest point of the Ottoman Empire, and coincides with a period of extreme difficulty characterized by Anatolian and Balkan uprisings, Greek and Serbian independentism and wars against Russia, Iran and Egypt. Given the evident decline, strong attempts at reformation were made in the XIX century, but they came too late for the Empire.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1780 }
	offset = 300
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301114A" #Rats!
		command = { type = treasury value = -1000 }
		command = { type = loansize which = 200 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 15 }
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = losemanufactory which = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -2 }
                [color=yellow]command = { type = remove_countryculture which = greek }
                command = { type = remove_countryculture which = slavonic }[/color]
		[color=red]command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 3 }[/color]
		command = { type = infra value = -5000 }
	}
}

2) arabian: We can´t agree on arabian as a whole culture to be removed during the games timeframe. With the current discussion about cultures we could suggest to split arabian into perhaps "arabian" (the area of the arabian peninsula from south of Aleppo (if that stays syrian) to the south, e.g. Mekkah and a new split-off culture that the currently arabian provinces in Africa gain, e.g. "maghreb arabian"? The Ottomans could gain both with Selims conquests, and lose "maghreb arabian" when Egypt as the last northafrican state becomes a loose vassal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maghreb

3) While the Ottomans lost Hellas and Serbia due to nationalistic independance movements, they continued to rule Albania and held it even in 1911. So when they should keep true arabian, then they definitely should gain Albanian culture. I would say, after the death of Skanderbeg 1468.

Last edited:
ConjurerDragon said:
1) Slavonic and Greek - Fodorons event talks about serbian and greek nationalistic tenddencies, but the event gives revoltrisk all over the place instead of being specifically what the text indicates. I would suggest to replace the generic revoltrisk with the removal of greek and slavonic culture. This would fit perfectly with Fodorons text and it could be a good motivation in 1800 for the Ottomans to release Serbia instead of trying to subjugate them in events 3399 choice.

2) arabian: We can´t agree on arabian as a whole culture to be removed during the games timeframe. With the current discussion about cultures we could suggest to split arabian into perhaps "arabian" (the area of the arabian peninsula from south of Aleppo (if that stays syrian) to the south, e.g. Mekkah and a new split-off culture that the currently arabian provinces in Africa gain, e.g. "maghreb arabian"? The Ottomans could gain both with Selims conquests, and lose "maghreb arabian" when Egypt as the last northafrican state becomes a loose vassal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maghreb

3) While the Ottomans lost Hellas and Serbia due to nationalistic independance movements, they continued to rule Albania and held it even in 1911. So when they should keep true arabian, then they definitely should gain Albanian culture. I would say, after the death of Skanderbeg 1468.

Agreed to all points.

If new map will have more cultures I think that OE should keep bulgarian culture (and frankly speaking Macedonia should not have greek culture but slavonic-bulgarian culture at the end of game).

If we look at the map of the first and second Bulgarian Empire (and Kingdom of Serbia) they expanded into to Epirus and Thessaly as well.
While without studies I can not say who dominated in Macedonia in XVth century, during next centuries Slavs became more and more prominent and started to dominate. And in XXth century Greek nationalists drove out Slavs when Bulgaria lost war against Greece (or greekized ?? does such word exist at all??).

So for new map I will propose to change culture of Macedonia or even Saloniki to Bulgarian.

Code:
#Rhodes#
event = {
	id = 301050
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301050" #The fall of Rhodes
	desc = "EVENTNAME301050"

action_a = {				
		name = "ACTIONNAME301050A" #We own rhodes !
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = vp value = 5 }[/COLOR]  
	}
}
EVENTNAME301050;The fall of Rhodes;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME301050A;We own Rhodes !;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#Order moves to Malta#
event = {
	id = 24031
	random = no
	country = KNI
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 819 data = -1 }
		owned = { province = 481 data = -1 }
		exists = TUR
		NOT = {
			OR = {
				#any other greek province (but not Corfu)
				owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
				owned = { province = 358 data = -1 } #Macedonia
				owned = { province = 359 data = -1 } #Hellas
				owned = { province = 360 data = -1 } #Morea
				owned = { province = 464 data = -1 } #Kaffa
				owned = { province = 465 data = -1 } #Kerch
				owned = { province = 475 data = -1 } #Trabzon
				owned = { province = 479 data = -1 } #Ionia
				owned = { province = 480 data = -1 } #Crete
				owned = { province = 484 data = -1 } #Cyprus
				#any other Black Sea or anatolian coastal province
				owned = { province = 321 data = -1 } #Rumelia
				owned = { province = 320 data = -1 } #Dobrudja
				owned = { province = 319 data = -1 } #Bujak
				owned = { province = 296 data = -1 } #Jedisan
				owned = { province = 463 data = -1 } #Crimea
				owned = { province = 466 data = -1 } #Azow
				owned = { province = 469 data = -1 } #Abkhazia
				owned = { province = 470 data = -1 } #Kolkhis
				owned = { province = 1609 data = -1 } #Kastamonu
				owned = { province = 477 data = -1 } #Anatolia
				owned = { province = 478 data = -1 } #Smyrna
				owned = { province = 1610 data = -1 } #Antalya
				owned = { province = 1611 data = -1 } #Taurus
				owned = { province = 483 data = -1 } #Adana
				#any Outremer province
				owned = { province = 485 data = -1 } #Aleppo
				owned = { province = 491 data = -1 } #Lebanon
				owned = { province = 492 data = -1 } #Samaria
				owned = { province = 493 data = -1 } #Judea
			}
		}
	}
	name = "EVENTNAME24031" #Order moves to Malta
	desc = "EVENTHIST24031"
	#-#The island of Malta was offered to the Knights of St John of Jerusalem by the King of Spain, 
in return for helping to defend the city of Tripoli in Africa.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 2
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME24031A" #Abandon Rhodes
		command = { type = capital which = 819 } #Malta
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 481 } #Rhodes
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = inf which = 819 value = 3000 } #Malta
		command = { type = removecore which = 481 } #Rhodes
		command = { type = addcore which = 819 } #Malta
		command = { type = add_countryculture which = maltese }
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = greek }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = trigger which = 301050 }[/COLOR] #TUR: The fall of Rhodes
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME24031B" #Just move the capital
		command = { type = capital which = 819 } #Malta
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -150 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 819 } #Malta
		command = { type = removecore which = 481 } #Rhodes
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME24031C" #Remain on Rhodes
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -400 }
	}
}

One TUR event to show the players that he owns Rhodes after an event of Order of saint john

De-VILLARS said:
One TUR event to show the players that he owns Rhodes after an event of Order of saint john
Shouldn't we maybe add to both actions of event KNI_24031 a command like this
Code:
command = { type = setflag which = [Valletta] }

to check if/when KNI capital was moved as to avoid future CTD when Malta is ceded by event?

Have a look at KNI_24026! ;)

Code:
#(1802) The Knights Leave Malta
event = {
	id = 24026
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 819 data = -1 }
		exists = ENG
		countrysize = 2
		NOT = { countrysize = 6 }
		NOT = { event = 24057 }
		[COLOR=Lime]NOT = { flag = [Valletta] }[/COLOR]
		exists = FRA
		[COLOR=Red]OR = {
			event = 3342 # French Revolution - Radical Republic
			event = 3779 # French Revolution - Republican Monarchy
		}[/COLOR]
		[COLOR=Yellow]event = 170124 #FRA: The military expedition in Egypt[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = KNI
	name = "EVENTNAME24026" #The Knights Leave Malta
	desc = "EVENTHIST24026"
	#-#

date = { day = 15 month = june year = 1802 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME24026A" #Ask for Armistice
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -100 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = ENG value = 819 } #Malta
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME24026B" #Withdraw into Fortress
		command = { type = monarch which = 069540 } #de la Tour du Pin
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 069539 } #Giuseppe Caracciolo di Sant Eramo
		command = { type = revolt which = 819 } #Malta
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 24027 } #FRA: The Knights Stand at Malta
	}
}
That event is the current version with the modification in green I have added now and the modifications in red/yellow I have added in the sequence about the Napoleonic wars....

Other cases of capital moves are in ALT_Crusader file:

KNI_201991 action B capital moved to Lebanon. Hypothetical commands to be added:
Code:
command = { type = setflag which = [Beirut] }
command = { type = clrflag which = [Valletta] }

KNI_201996 action B capital moved to Judea. Hypothetical commands to be added:
Code:
command = { type = setflag which = [Jerusalem] }

EDIT: and KNI_24004 B where capital can be moved to Tripoli.
Code:
command = { type = setflag which = [Tripoli] }

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
And use of [] around flags, [Valletta] for example, is even better. ;)
Is there any particular reason in using them?
May I use a clr flag command even if I didn't set any flag? Which kind of entry will the save file have? :confused:

I will post my suggestion in appropriate regional thread too!

Bordic said:
Is there any particular reason in using them?
Search and replace and standard in Havard's Bible, iirc, but I know it is not often the case in AGCEEP events.
Bordic said:
May I use a clr flag command even if I didn't set any flag? Which kind of entry will the save file have? :confused:
Using clrflag command when flag is not set will have no effect, iirc.
I'm not sure but I think savefile has a flags section for each country with only every "[flag] = yes" in it (no "= no" in this section). I can't check right now. To be confirmed.

Code:
NOT = { flag = [Valletta] }

so, i have to put this in the trigger of mi first event, right ?

this command check if Valetta is the capital of KNI isn't it ?

Here you go people of the Paradox!!! Don't be too harsh and please come up with your ideas and suggestions. Most of them were very close to happening and before you disregard and trash it, think of the mathematical probability of the event 301520 and tell me if the actual chances of Ottomans turning Catholic or Orthodox were smaller or greater than the event chain's probablity of happening in the game. Enjoy! :)

#####################################
#####Cem Sultan Events by Tunch Khan#########
##########301510 - 301520################
#####################################

#Sultan Claims the Roman Crown#
event = {

id = 301510
trigger = {
owned = { province = 357 data = -1 }
NOT = { exists = BYZ
exists = TRE
exists = SPR #Morea
exists = SER
exists = KAR
}
}
random = no
country = TUR
name = "The Sultan Claims the Roman Throne"
desc = "With the fall of Constantinople to Ottoman Turks, the legendary Roman Empire was about to come to an end. The Ottoman conqueror however had a different plan in his mind and added 'Kayzer-i Rum', Roman Ceasar, to his title, claiming to be the successor to the Roman Empire."
style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1450 }
offset = 100
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1481 }

action_a ={
name = "We need to consolidate our gains, let's claim the Eastern Roman Empire."
command = { type = DIP which = 4 value = 24 }
command = { type = badboy value = -1 }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = slavonic }
command = { type = infra value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = RUS value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = MOS value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = MAM value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = ALB value = 100 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 301511 } #The Race to Konstantiniyye
}

action_b ={
name = "We are the heirs of the entire Roman Empire!"
command = { type = addcore which = 393 } #Puglia
command = { type = addcore which = 394 } #Calabria
command = { type = addcore which = 399 } #Rome
command = { type = addcore which = 396 } #Abruzzo
command = { type = addcore which = 1936 } #Campania
command = { type = badboy value = 5 }
command = { type = stability value = 3 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = NAP value = -200 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = PAP value = 362 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = NAP value = 362 }
}
}

#The Race to Konstantiniyye
event = {
id = 301511
trigger = {
owned = { province = 482 data = -1 }
NOT = { exists = KAR }
}
random = no
country = TUR
name = "The Race to Konstantiniyye"
desc = "At the start of his campaign to Italy, Sultan Mehmed II the Conqueror was found poisoned in his tent. The Grand Vizier Karamani Mehmed Pasha sent two messengers to two brothers; Prince Beyazid in Amasya and Prince Cem in Konya. But the messenger sent to Cem had been caught on the way by the Anatolia Deputy, Sinan Pasha, and Cem learned of his father's death four days later than his elder brother. The Janissaries of Constantinople revolted and killed Karamani Mehmet Pasha as a result of this event. In Bayezid's absence his son, Prince Korkut, took the throne as regent."
style = 1

date = { day = 3 month = may year = 1481 }
offset = 100
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1490 }

action_a ={
name = "The empire needs stability. We must crown the elder brother as soon as possible."
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
command = { type = revolt which = 357 } #Janissary revolt in Constantinople
command = { type = trigger which = 3368 } #The Fate of the Empire event to replace Cem Sultan's Rebellion
command = { type = DIP which = -2 value = 24 } #Regency
command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 24 }
}
action_b ={
name = "We must not interfere in the state tradition."
command = { type = trigger which = 3368 } #The Fate of the Empire event to replace Cem Sultan's Rebellion
}
action_c ={
name = "Cem is the rightful heir."
command = { type = stability value = -2 }
command = { type = revolt which = 1007 } # Beyazid's revolt in Amasya
command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 301515 } #Cem Sultan's Reign
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3368 }
}
}

#The Fate of the Empire #based on Cem Sultan's Rebellion event #triggered by 301511
event = {
id = 3368
random = no
country = TUR
name = "The Fate of the Empire"
desc = "Prince Bayezid arrived at Constantinople on May 21 and was declared Sultan. Only six days later Cem captured the city of Inegöl with an army of 4000. Sultan Bayezid sent his army under the command of vizier Ayas Pasha to kill his brother. On May 28, Cem had defeated Bayezid's army and he declared himself Sultan of Anatolia and made his capital Bursa. He proposed dividing the empire between them, leaving Bayezid only Europe."
style = 1

action_a ={ # Crush Cem's rebellion.
name = "There can only be one! Reject the proposal and march on Bursa."
command = { type = revolt which = 1431 } #Bursa
command = { type = revolt which = 1009 } #Anatolia
command = { type = revolt which = 482 } #Karamania
command = { type = revolt which = 477 } #Germiyan
command = { type = revolt which = 476 } #Angora
command = { type = revolt which = 483 } #Kilikia
command = { type = revolt which = 1611 } #Silifke
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 5 }
command = { type = desertion which = -1 value = 5000 }
}
action_b ={ # Seek for reconciliation.
name = "Bribe Cem's advisors and force him to accept the throne of Karaman instead."
command = { type = independence which = KAR }
command = { type = vassal which = KAR }
command = { type = treasury value = -500 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 24046 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 301513 }
}
action_c ={ # Accept Cem's terms.
name = "Accept Cem's terms."
command = { type = removecore which = 1431 } #Bursa
command = { type = removecore which = 482 } #Karamania
command = { type = removecore which = 474 } #Rum
command = { type = removecore which = 475 } #Trebizond
command = { type = removecore which = 476 } #Angora
command = { type = removecore which = 477 } #Germiyan
command = { type = removecore which = 478 } #Smyrna
command = { type = removecore which = 483 } #Kilikia
command = { type = removecore which = 1901 } #Bolu
command = { type = removecore which = 1752 } #Saruhan
command = { type = removecore which = 1747 } #Kappadokia
command = { type = removecore which = 1609 } #Sinop
command = { type = removecore which = 1610 } #Teke
command = { type = removecore which = 1611 } #silifke
command = { type = removecore which = 1009 } #Anatolia
command = { type = removecore which = 1010 } #Menteshe
command = { type = removecore which = 1007 } #Amasya
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 301516 } #We became the Western Roman Sultanate
command = { type = sleepevent which = 24046 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 301513 }
}
}

#We became the Western Roman Sultanate
event = {
id = 301516
random = no
country = TUR
name = "We became the Western Roman Sultanate"
desc = "Cem Sultan managed to gather enough supporters to his cause and convince Beyazid to divide the Ottoman Empire in half with Beyazid ruling over Europe and Cem ruling over Anatolia. "
style = 1

action_a = {
name = "We shall rule Europe from now on!"
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1431 } #Bursa
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 482 } #Karamania
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 474 } #Rum
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 475 } #Trebizond
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 476 } #Angora
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 477 } #Germiyan
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 478 } #Smyrna
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 483 } #Kilikia
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1901 } #Bolu
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1752 } #Saruhan
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1747 } #Kappadokia
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1609 } #Sinop
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1610 } #Teke
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1611 } #silifke
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1009 } #Anatolia
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1010 } #Menteshe
command = { type = secedeprovince which = KAR value = 1007 } #Amasya
command = { type = trigger which = 301512 } #Emergence of the Anatolian Sultanate
command = { type = relation which = KAR value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = CAN value = 50 }
command = { type = manpower value = - 20 }
}
}

#Emergence of the Anatolian Sultanate
event = {
id = 301512
random = no
country = KAR
name = "Emergence of the Anatolian Sultanate"
desc = "Cem Sultan managed to gather enough supporters to his cause and convince Beyazid to divide the Ottoman Empire in half with Beyazid ruling over Europe and Cem ruling over Anatolia. "
style = 1

action_a = {
name = "We ascend!"
command = { type = capital which = 1431 } #Bursa
command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = CAN value = -100 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1431 } #Bursa
command = { type = addcore which = 1009 } #Anatolia
command = { type = addcore which = 1010 } #Menteshe
command = { type = addcore which = 474 } #Rum
command = { type = addcore which = 476 } #Angora
command = { type = addcore which = 477 } #Germiyan
command = { type = addcore which = 478 } #Smyrna
command = { type = addcore which = 1610 } #Teke
command = { type = addcore which = 1752 } #Saruhan
command = { type = addcore which = 1901 } #Bolu
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 5000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 5000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -1 value = 5000 }
command = { type = INF which = -3 value = 5000 }
command = { type = galleys which = -1 value = 20 }
command = { type = cash value = 300 }
command = { type = manpower value = 50 }
command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = 3 }
command = { type = land value = 3000 }
command = { type = naval value = 4000 }
}
}

#Cem Sultan Strikes Back! #triggered by 24046
event = {
id = 301513
random = no
country = TUR
name = "Cem Sultan Strikes Back!"
desc = "In Cairo, Cem received a letter from his brother, offering Cem one million akçes (the Ottoman currency) in order to dissuade him from competing for the throne. Cem rejected the offer and in the following year he launched a campaign in Anatolia. On May 27, 1482 he besieged Konya but was soon forced to withdraw to Ankara. He intended to give it all up and return to Cairo but all of the roads to Egypt were under Bayezid's control."
style = 1

action_a ={ # Crush Cem's rebellion.
name = "There can only be one! Block all the roads to Cairo."
}
action_b ={ #
name = "Bribe Cem's advisors and force him to accept an exile in luxury."
command = { type = treasury value = -1000 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 301514 }
}
action_c ={ # Seek reconciliation.
name = "Bribe Cem's advisors and force him to accept the throne of Karaman."
command = { type = vassal which = KAR }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 301514 }
}
}

#Prince Cem flees to Rhodes.#
event = {
id = 301514
trigger = {
exists = KNI
owned = { province = 481 data = KNI }
event = 24046
}
random = no
country = TUR
name = "Prince Cem flees to Rhodes"
desc = "For safety Cem Sultan had delivered himself up to the Knights of Rhodes, whom he knew to be Bajazet's implacable enemies. They made him very welcome, for d'Aubusson, the Grand Master of Rhodes, realized that the possession of the prince's person was a very fortunate circumstance for Christianity, since by means of such a hostage the Turk could be kept in submission. Accordingly d'Aubusson had sent him to France, and wrote: 'While Djem lives, and is in our hands, Bajazet will never dare to make war upon Christians, who will thus enjoy great peace. Thus is it salutary that Djem should remain in our power.'"
style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = june year = 1483 }
offset = 100

action_a ={ # Pay the Master of the Order for his extradition and then execute him.
name = "Pay the Master of the Order for his extradition and then execute him."
command = { type = relation which = KNI value = -50 }
command = { type = DIP which = 3 value = 24 }
}
action_b ={ # Ignore him.
name = "Ignore him."
command = { type = relation which = KNI value = -100 }
command = { type = DIP which = -2 value = 24 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = KNI value = 36 }
}
action_c ={ # Arrange to have Cem murdered.
name = "Arrange to have Cem murdered."
command = { type = treasury value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = KNI value = -200 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = KNI value = 36 }
}
}

#Pierre d'Aubusson#
event = {

id = 3535
trigger = { event = 301514 }
random = no
country = KNI
name = "EVENTNAME3535"
desc = "EVENTHIST3535"
style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1483 }
offset = 100

action_a ={ #Hostage to Papacy for gold and Cardinal appointment#
name = "ACTIONNAME3535A"
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -100 }
command = { type = treasury value = 200 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 251050 } #Pope starts a new crusade!
}

action_b ={ #Hostage to Hungary for gold#
name = "ACTIONNAME3535B"
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = HUN value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -20 }
}

action_c ={ #Hostage to Venice for gold and traderights#
name = "ACTIONNAME3535C"
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 100 }
command = { type = merchants value = 6 }
}

action_d ={ #Keep Our Word with the Turks#
name = "Keep Our Word with the Turks"
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 100 }
command = { type = treasury value = 500 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 251050 }
}
}

#The Pope Calls for a New Crusade Against the Turks!#
event = {

id = 251050
tigger = {
event = 3535
atwar = no
NOT = {
war = { country = FRA country = HUN }
war = { country = FRA country = VEN }
war = { country = FRA country = NAP }
war = { country = FRA country = GEN }
war = { country = FRA country = CAS }
war = { country = FRA country = ARG }
war = { country = FRA country = HAB }
war = { country = HUN country = NAP }
war = { country = HUN country = VEN }
war = { country = HUN country = HAB }
war = { country = HUN country = POL }
war = { country = VEN country = GEN }
war = { country = VEN country = NAP }
war = { country = VEN country = HUN }
war = { country = CAS country = NAP }
war = { country = CAS country = FRA }
}
}
random = no
country = PAP
name = "The Pope Calls for a New Crusade Against the Turks!"
desc = "The Petender to the Ottoman throne, Cem Sultan, has been bought from the Knights of the Order of Saint John as a hostage. Beyazid is offering 40,000 ducats annual tribute for Cem's expenses here. Should he accidentally die, of course, there's a 300,000 ducats reward as well."
style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1483 }
offset = 100
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1495 }

action_a ={
name = "Cem refuses to convert, have him poisoned in return for gold from Beyazid."
command = { type = treasury value = 2000 }
command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 200 }
command = { type = ADM which = 6 value = 180 }
command = { type = relation which = NAP value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = KNI value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = ALB value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 200 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 301520 }
}

action_b ={
name = "This is a great opportunity. Launch a Crusade against the Turks!"
command = { type = treasury value = -300 }
command = { type = trigger which = 188750 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Hungary
command = { type = trigger which = 170750 } #Pope starts a new crusade! France
command = { type = trigger which = 142050 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Castille
command = { type = trigger which = 111050 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Aragon
command = { type = trigger which = 239050 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Naples
command = { type = trigger which = 201050 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Knights
command = { type = trigger which = 104050 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Albania
command = { type = trigger which = 210050 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Poland
command = { type = trigger which = 179750 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Habsburgs
command = { type = trigger which = 326050 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Venice
command = { type = trigger which = 174050 } #Pope starts a new crusade! Genoa
command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -200 }
}
}

# The Crusade of Borgia (Hungarian version) #

event = {
id = 188750
random = no
country = HUN

name = "The Crusade of Borgia"
desc = "With Pope Alexander VI calling for a Crusade and the Ottoman Pretender Cem in his hands, many rushed to take the cross and to fight the infidel."
style = 1
action_a = { name = "We have other business to take care of"
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -50 }
}
action_b = { name = "Let's slay some infidels"
command = { type = treasury value = 50 } # The crusade funds
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 5000 } # The crusader army
command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 6 } # A crusade is a good reason to fight
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 50 } # for fighting the Turk
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (French version) #

event = {
id = 170750
random = no
country = FRA

desc = "With Pope Alexander VI calling for a Crusade and the Ottoman Pretender Cem in his hands, many rushed to take the cross and to fight the infidel."
style = 1
}
command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 6 } # A crusade is a good reason to fight
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Castille version) #

event = {
id = 142050
random = no
country = CAS

style = 1
}
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Aragon version) #

event = {
id = 111050
random = no
country = ARG

style = 1
}
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Naples version) #

event = {
id = 239050
random = no
country = NAP

style = 1
}
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Venetian version) #

event = {
id = 326050
random = no
country = VEN

style = 1
}
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Genoese version) #

event = {
id = 174050
random = no
country = GEN

style = 1
}
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Knights version) #

event = {
id = 201050
random = no
country = KNI

style = 1
}
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Albanian version) #

event = {
id = 104050
random = no
country = ALB

style = 1
}
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Polish version) #

event = {
id = 210050
random = no
country = POL

style = 1
}
}
}
# The Crusade of Borgia (Habsburg version) #

event = {
id = 179750
random = no
country = HAB

style = 1
}
}
}

#The Fall of Kostantiniyye and the End of Ottoman Supremacy#
event = {
id = 301520
trigger = {
OR = {
controlled = { province = 357 data = PAP }
controlled = { province = 357 data = HUN }
controlled = { province = 357 data = FRA }
controlled = { province = 357 data = NAP }
controlled = { province = 357 data = KNI }
controlled = { province = 357 data = VEN }
controlled = { province = 357 data = POL }
controlled = { province = 357 data = CAS }
controlled = { province = 357 data = ARG }
controlled = { province = 357 data = GEN }
controlled = { province = 357 data = HAB }
}
event = 251050
}
random = no
country = TUR
name = "The Fall of Kostantiniyye and the End of Ottoman Supremacy!"
desc = "Kostantiniyye now lies in ruins under the Catholic occupation. With the capital of Ottoman Empire fallen to the Crusading coalition under the orders of Papacy and the last Sunni Ottoman Empeor slain in battle, there was no other option other than to accept the last line of the House of Osman who was baptised Catholic and had arrived with the conquerors as the new Ottoman Emperor."
style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = june year = 1483 }
offset = 100
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1590 }

action_a ={ # There is one God but Allah and Mohammed is his Prophet!
name = "There is one God but Allah and Mohammed is his Prophet!"
command = { type = remove_countryculture which = albanian }
command = { type = capital which = 1431 } #Bursa
command = { type = capital which = 1009 } #Anatolia
command = { type = capital which = 482 } #Karamania
}
action_b ={ # The Sultan is dead, long live the King!
name = "The Sultan is dead, long live the King!"
command = { type = religion which = catholic }
command = { type = remove_countryculture which = turkish }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = italian }
command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = 1 }
command = { type = provincereligion which = 357 value = catholic }
command = { type = provinceculture which = 357 value = italian }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 360 value = 1 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 240 value = 1 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 1 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = HUN value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = NAP value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = KNI value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = CAS value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = ARG value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = POL value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = GEN value = 200 }
}
action_c ={ # Install a Phanariot nobleman and resist the Catholics!
name = "Install a Phanariot nobleman and resist the Catholics!"
command = { type = religion which = orthodox }
command = { type = country which = BYZ }
command = { type = provincereligion which = 357 value = orthodox }
command = { type = provinceculture which = 357 value = greek }
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = -1 }
command = { type = relation which = WAL value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = SER value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = MOS value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = RUS value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = GEO value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = MOL value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = NVG value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = TRE value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = ALB value = 200 }
}
}

########################################
#End of Cem Sultan Events by Tunch Khan#
########################################

Hmmm, Fantasy or Alternative (plausible)?

Code:
Apparently not designed for AGCEEP (and even with new map)... ;)

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Hmmm, Fantasy or Alternative (plausible)?

Code:
Apparently not designed for AGCEEP (and even with new map)... ;)
Um... they are beta events and the provinces are for MyMap initially, but they can very easily be adapted to vanilla.

About OE and BB, here is the list of countries to "be potentially annexed" by OE according to given cores:

Before 1421:
Serbia
Byzantium
Kastamonu

1421:
Albania
Bosnia

1451:
Athens
Morea
Order of St John
Karaman

1481:
Adana

1512:
Mamluks

1520:
Tripolitania
Hungary

Cyprus (if still alive)

1574:
Shirvan

And this list can be not complete (Tunisia, Tlemcen...).

In the "worst" case, it is obvious to see that if OE Dows each country and annex it (1 BB for DoW + 3 annexion or event for inheritance 0.25 x 12 for Mamluks in general), OE BB will cross the limit (40 around 1550).

After that, OE will suffer instability and even BBwars or civil war. Is it really wad, since OE has scripted "decadence" events?

I don't know where for the moment but I suggest to remove some BB when OE owns some key provinces (former capital of annexed countries) to be sure OE is "hated" (and already suffers bad relations because of multiple annexions) but not over the limit.

BB should increase with annexions but if OE achieves its historical development, it should stay 10 points under the limit. Otherwise, OE collapses (too early) because of revolts/civil war + "bad" scripted events + wars.

Since OE is meant to be a very big country (50 provinces or so), don't forget tech will be slowered. I often see a too big gap for land tech between Europe and OE in 1650-1700 : OE is still at 16-20 but European countries, especially Austria, reach 32-40 at this time. Isn't it too much? OE cannot defend itself and I saw many times OE crushed to death and splitted between Austria, Spain, France, Russia... depending on the involved alliances after 1700.

I just mentioned possible targets according to OE cores. It is the same for Cyprus if such countries are still there for a reason or another (as revolters for example).