• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I have to thank whomever voted for Byzantine's Khan. And Temujin. I had no idea I'd been nominated. Thank you. A great effort by all and Renss did an outstanding job counting it all up.

Amric said:
Well I have to thank whomever voted for Byzantine's Khan. And Temujin. I had no idea I'd been nominated. Thank you. A great effort by all and Renss did an outstanding job counting it all up.
I think it must have been a vote by e-mail, because I'm not finding the vote in the threads.

I remember thinking, "Hmm... An Amric AAR? Coolness!" :D

And it looks like great stuff, Amric! Looking forward to the next update!

Rensslaer

Hurrah, favourite Vicky narrative AAR! Considering the competiton I'm rather surprised to win, I must say. Thanks to all those that voted for my AARs. :)

Now that we have our 4 Favorite X AARs, how about a follow-up poll picking the best out of them for Best AAR, Overall, 2006 Q1?? There are 20 unique winners so having a poll with all of them might be too many... :wacko:

Or if you have all Favorite AARs and runners-up that have at least half the votes, you get a poll with 9 candidates, 2 from CK, 4 from EU, 1 from Vicky and 2 from HOI. Strangely, if you just limit yourself to 1st place and 2nd place + ties, you actually get more this time, thanks to the EU traffic jam.

anonymous4401 said:
Now that we have our 4 Favorite X AARs, how about a follow-up poll picking the best out of them for Best AAR, Overall, 2006 Q1?? There are 20 unique winners so having a poll with all of them might be too many... :wacko:

Or if you have all Favorite AARs and runners-up that have at least half the votes, you get a poll with 9 candidates, 2 from CK, 4 from EU, 1 from Vicky and 2 from HOI. Strangely, if you just limit yourself to 1st place and 2nd place + ties, you actually get more this time, thanks to the EU traffic jam.
Sounds like an interesting idea.

Gee, am I slow or what?

Many thanks to those who voted for my humble AAR across the board, congrats to all the winners, and as before congrats to all were nominated and good show to all who even attempt to become a writAAR!

We had discussed an "overall" poll and/or some other voting previously, and I came away unsure that it would really accomplish anything positive.

Comparing the 4 forums which are just so dissimilar becomes difficult.

I think I'd prefer to just recognize the winners as the best at "what they do" and not try to expand upon it. I think there's plenty of honor to go around as we stand now. I'm afraid picking a "best of" would minimize what the winners have already achieved.

Plus, in going over this over and over, we realized how complex it would be trying to figure out a fair way to run an overall vote.

Rensslaer

Thanks, Renss....I'm hoping to get an update on Khan this weekend....Great Detectives II has an update from earlier in the week....