• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Honestly this is ridiculous and were you I'd be tempted to quit. You own Baku and Iraq and the Soviets somehow can supply their Karelian forces from Vladistovok because America has enough oil to fund the entire world?
Ok, I am quitting! :p
The Vladivostok thing is ridiculous, but that's because DH still doesn't have a working supply system for this kind of situation; IMO, that's the weaker part of the game.
Now, USA was the supplier of oil at that time, and it even sent oil to the Soviet Union before Pearl Harbor via Vladivostok. The problem is that the Trans Siberian railroad was already saturated IRL and could never have supported such an amount of extra-traffic.

Now... I want a real challenge, a game that I can actually lose

UauLkEy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hmmm, surprised that the Americans haven't at least tried to help out in Africa.

Hmmm, surprised that the Americans haven't at least tried to help out in Africa.
That's actually very fortunate for them to not have tried.
Considering the sea lanes that I partially control around Africa, I would have slaughtered their fleet.
I don't see how I could not achieve total control of Africa before mid-42, unless the Raj & Persia will succeed to break through Iraq and Suez.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Phew! Finally caught up with this AAR and I must say I'm biting my fingernails at this point. It also shows how the game pulls some BS moves at times (USA somehow supplying USSR with oil). Hope you can somehow pull through (if things get too bad there's always assuming direct control over Japan to speed up the Asian theater).

Phew! Finally caught up with this AAR and I must say I'm biting my fingernails at this point. It also shows how the game pulls some BS moves at times (USA somehow supplying USSR with oil). Hope you can somehow pull through (if things get too bad there's always assuming direct control over Japan to speed up the Asian theater).
Lol. Soon you will start biting your finger bones, believe me!
USA supplying USSR with oil is not an heresy, it actually happened before Pearl Harbor (I read it again not later than this week-end). The problem is with the entire supply system once we are not on the main battlefield in Europe (it works quite well until fighting occurs oversea or in provinces with almost no infrastructure).
I won't control Japan, my goal is not to win at any cost. I assumed MC of Italy mostly to prevent the AI from stopping moving Italian units with almost no org left in Africa when I have to restart my PC (I try my best to keep the game running with no interruptions), then resuming the move the day after and losing 2-3 weeks of movements for no reason. Or to prevent the AI from surrounding 1 empty province with 10 units staying idle. After the mopping up is complete in Africa, and if the situation is not too desperate in the Middle East, I intend to relinquish the military control over Italy.

...The problem is with the entire supply system once we are not on the main battlefield in Europe...
Yeah that's what I meant, though it would be a shame to make it this far and still hand over Europe to those dirty reds. Good luck either way.

.... So, there's a Japanese puppet in China, but it sucks?

.... So, there's a Japanese puppet in China, but it sucks?
It has been a bloody stalemate there since Pearl Harbor. China-Nankin has (as per intelligence) 150 divisions as opposed to 179 for the Nationalists, but these last ones have 19 bombers vs 0. So, no, the puppet is not really faring badly but it doesn't help him launching these kinds of attacks.
Also, Japan has only 30 divisions, so I suspect that it gave most of its own to its puppet (military control). As with doctrines concerned, that may not be a smart move.

Huh. Doesn't show up for me.

That's the friggin thing about WIF, its effing merciless. Its the best mod in the world!

That's the friggin thing about WIF, its effing merciless. Its the best mod in the world!

Really? The cheating the AI does is the number one, and actually only, reason that I don't play WIF

Really? The cheating the AI does is the number one, and actually only, reason that I don't play WIF

I dont like cheating AI much, but i would rather die historic on the Warsaw Road to millions of ruskies than beat the game every time.

Kinda sad that the newer version dumbed the cheating too much.

I would prefer actual difficulty rather than the AI winning because it pulled an Imperial Guard and just drowns me in bodies.

Reactions:
Huh. Doesn't show up for me.
Is it working for you now?

What is SOV paying per INF at this point? Have they reached the 0.1 IC cost yet? Those numbers could get a lot bigger soon!
Yes, I guess that these divisions are the almost free ones, it this version follows the same pattern as the previous one I played.
By the way, Ussr has 293/139 IC while Germany has only 371/300. The enemy has a godly efficiency!

Regarding the other comments, I will only say that the game is very complex and that a good player will always defeat its AI if this one doesn't have tremendous bonus (as opposed to chess)
I am writing this AAR because this version of the mod was considered as unwinnable if the Soviet Union is not defeated during the first months of Barbarossa, everybody who has been reading it since its beginning knows that. We will see.
The real challenge and one of the two purposes (the other one being the tutorial aspect) of this AAR starts... right now!

Yep, it's resolved.

Also, way to make me feel like an idiot; I gave up on Darkest Hour as Germany because I could barely beat Poland :p