• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who will bring the bad news to the Führer ?
And do you consider this a complete end of barbarosa if so how would you rate it compared to historical one ?
Also cant wait with what plan will OKH come up.

Geez, India can't fall fast enough. You need those divisions back!
I honestly think that I would have lost if I had not diverted resources during the winter to take these 60 Raj's divisions out before it would have been too late, as I would have inevitably lost the oil from Caucasus. Now, that's true, I need them back to the East front yesterday. Silver lining, Italy will garrison like 40 divisions in Persia, forcing Stavka to divert forces there as well.

Who will bring the bad news to the Führer ?
And do you consider this a complete end of barbarosa if so how would you rate it compared to historical one ?
Also cant wait with what plan will OKH come up.
In this time line, the Fuehrer is not crazy. He got rid of Goering (who wanted to try a design for a new parachute but forgot to wear it as per the State news -some addiction involved as well apparently-), etc. Bad news actually stimulate him.
An end to Barbarossa? That's defeatism, Sir! If I had stopped at each similar bad news, I would have stopped on July 1st, 1941 :D No, Barbarossa will continue, it will just take longer than the 5 weeks originally expected :eek: Soviet resources are apparently bottomless, but the Wehrmacht as a whole is in very good shape (between 5 and 10 ICs allocated for repairs only).
Compared to the historical Barbarossa, you will have to decide for yourself. In my opinion, this one is much better, but this doesn't mean that the Soviets won't be in Berlin in 1944. Too many factors are in play, the main one being the amount of free reinforcements that Stalin still has to receive.

What were the last words of Mayakovsky before his suicide in 1930?
– “Comrades. Don’t shoot!”

(This applies to Göring now. :D )

:)
With the notable exception that Goering, while in the plane and ready to jump, and visibly under influence, said : "Push me!"

GVcPcaG.jpg

Last edited:
Seizing Calcutta and Rangoon from the sea is smart. Tanks and MOTs get horribly bogged down in jungles. That last VP in the depths of Burma is so annoying.

Seizing Calcutta and Rangoon from the sea is smart. Tanks and MOTs get horribly bogged down in jungles. That last VP in the depths of Burma is so annoying.
Thank you for agreeing! (you are making a wise move) :D

Is Siam not involved in the war?
No, it is not. It may have to do with the chain reaction triggered by Germany having claimed all of France. As a result, Indochina is not controlled by Japan.

Speaking about the Far East. How is the Sino-Japanese war going? I must admit it's been a while and I don't remember what the situation was there.
Japan and China are fighting the war Germany and France fought 25 years ago.

I'm not sure if you can dig a long enough trench trough China like they did in northen france, maybe a war like Germany and Russia 25 years ago?

Speaking about the Far East. How is the Sino-Japanese war going? I must admit it's been a while and I don't remember what the situation was there.
It is a stalemate, with the Nationalists and Nanjing-China having both ~45 IC. The front is basically static, even if reports show some gruesome casualties. Japan made some progress in the Philippines, but is apparently being pushed back.

Japan and China are fighting the war Germany and France fought 25 years ago.
That's quite close to what's happening, yes.

I'm not sure if you can dig a long enough trench trough China like they did in northen france, maybe a war like Germany and Russia 25 years ago?
They were trenches during ww1 in Russia, even if not at elaborated than in France.
But Chinese don't build trenches, they build walls :p Seriously, considering how static the front is, I am pretty sure that lost of troops are dug in at the max level.

Try to plan more encriclements to weaken the Soviets. You have a perfect chance for encirclement on Belmorosk if the Soviets advance intro the province. Retreat to the Arkangel/Astrakan line or those provinces behind the Urals or the Voga: its useless to adavance more if you don't have Moscow becuause they are many troops and your flanks are vulnerable. Try weaken the Soviets more with attriton battles with bombardements ntill you can make an general offensive on Moscow on the summer.

Can we get a look at the chinese front?
I had already decided to add screenshots in a future (not written yet) update, here they are, raw of comments.
G7h2b9U.jpg

4UUNcBr.jpg

Try to plan more encriclements to weaken the Soviets.
I wish I could. The only real opportunity I had to do it was when I trapped the Soviets in Karelia (around the time of this update http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...g-panzer-ii-wif2.688899/page-68#post-20539472 ). It barely succeeded, and that's quite an understatement as I was one update short from giving up). I don't think you really measure the strength of the Red Army.
You have a perfect chance for encirclement on Belmorosk if the Soviets advance intro the province.
I don't. If they advance in the province, it looks like as a perfect trap if one looks at the map only, but in the best scenario, the 2 PzDs & 6 INFs South of the lake will have to reach the White Sea (2 provinces away) unopposed during their move by 38 Red divisions on their right flank. Even if this could happen, it would trigger a chain of fightings around the pocket involving 73 Soviet units vs 16 German (29 if reinforcements could arrive in time). Not only it would not work, but this would certainly doom the 8 German divisions.
Retreat to the Arkangel/Astrakan line or those provinces behind the Urals or the Voga: its useless to adavance more if you don't have Moscow becuause they are many troops and your flanks are vulnerable.
I choose initially not to advance farther than the Urals, to give the Soviet Union's AI a chance to re-establish a defensive line. That said, I am willing to cede ground in the South, but without trying to keep it reasonably long enough. The way supply works in DH, it doesn't change if the Heer fights deep into enemy territory or close to Germany, what matters is having the TC positive. This aspect being removed from the equation, keeping the land as long as possible gives the Reich strategic depth, which can be traded for time. And I will make sure that the infrastructure in lost provinces will be trashed, to provide even more time. The only thing which could change that would be the threat of a Soviet major breakthough.
Try weaken the Soviets more with attriton battles with bombardements ntill you can make an general offensive on Moscow on the summer.
I've been just doing just that for, what, 160 updates? :D

I had already decided to add screenshots in a future (not written yet) update, here they are, raw of comments.
G7h2b9U.jpg

4UUNcBr.jpg

I wish I could. The only real opportunity I had to do it was when I trapped the Soviets in Karelia (around the time of this update http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...g-panzer-ii-wif2.688899/page-68#post-20539472 ). It barely succeeded, and that's quite an understatement as I was one update short from giving up). I don't think you really measure the strength of the Red Army.

I don't. If they advance in the province, it looks like as a perfect trap if one looks at the map only, but in the best scenario, the 2 PzDs & 6 INFs South of the lake will have to reach the White Sea (2 provinces away) unopposed during their move by 38 Red divisions on their right flank. Even if this could happen, it would trigger a chain of fightings around the pocket involving 73 Soviet units vs 16 German (29 if reinforcements could arrive in time). Not only it would not work, but this would certainly doom the 8 German divisions.

I choose initially not to advance farther than the Urals, to give the Soviet Union's AI a chance to re-establish a defensive line. That said, I am willing to cede ground in the South, but without trying to keep it reasonably long enough. The way supply works in DH, it doesn't change if the Heer fights deep into enemy territory or close to Germany, what matters is having the TC positive. This aspect being removed from the equation, keeping the land as long as possible gives the Reich strategic depth, which can be traded for time. And I will make sure that the infrastructure in lost provinces will be trashed, to provide even more time. The only thing which could change that would be the threat of a Soviet major breakthough.
I've been just doing just that for, what, 160 updates? :D
Oof. Looks like its hard than it looks. The map didn't show the 14 divisions close to Arkangel, that's why it looks like could be a chance for encirclement. I forgot that the Soviets had more than 500 divisions on this AAR because they usually had between 200 and 300! The Soviets always make a lot of divisions because for the Soviet IA the divisions only cost 0.1 IC. The North front is always the more fragile: in my playthrough of Barbarrosa I had to retreat to Northern Norway because the Soviets overhelm my northern German and Finnish Divisions. But you still had more IC than the Soviets, to win on the long run. How many divisions are on production? It's pretty frustrating to see the IA pull this kind of stuff, because you only need Moscow to trigger The Bitter Peace at this point. But hey, the Soviets will run out of IC for reinforcement if you keep making them bleed dry Right? With the Soviet IA, no one knows for sure :D

PD: The Brittish seem pretty weakened. How many they have left in terms of land divissions, IC and naval vessels?

Oof. Looks like its hard than it looks. The map didn't show the 14 divisions close to Arkangel, that's why it looks like could be a chance for encirclement. I forgot that the Soviets had more than 500 divisions on this AAR because they usually had between 200 and 300! The Soviets always make a lot of divisions because for the Soviet IA the divisions only cost 0.1 IC. The North front is always the more fragile: in my playthrough of Barbarrosa I had to retreat to Northern Norway because the Soviets overhelm my northern German and Finnish Divisions. But you still had more IC than the Soviets, to win on the long run. How many divisions are on production? It's pretty frustrating to see the IA pull this kind of stuff, because you only need Moscow to trigger The Bitter Peace at this point. But hey, the Soviets will run out of IC for reinforcement if you keep making them bleed dry Right? With the Soviet IA, no one knows for sure :D

PD: The Brittish seem pretty weakened. How many they have left in terms of land divissions, IC and naval vessels?
Actually, not all the Soviet AI divisions cost 0.1 IC. Only some at the beginning of a scenario, or if added by event at that cost. When the AI add new ones by itself to the queue, that's at a regular price.
That's true that Germany has now more ICs than the Soviet Union. Even if Germany has more fronts though, it also has allies. That's an interesting... equation, for lack of a better word. Actually, I am starting to think that SU may run out of manpower before of industrial capability (let's dream here)
According to Intelligence, the Brits have 70 divisions and 21 squadrons. The Royal Navy is no longer a threat.

By the way, no matter the Mod, no matter the version of Darkest Hour you are playing, the Japanese IA always sucks. No wonder why they never accept any Alliance :D
When I will have to restart the game (I keep it as long as possible to avoid unwanted ends of battles), I will do a test by declaring war to China, to see if this will have an impact.

Test
Last edited: