• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suspect it's to prevent AI Sweden from forming it ASAP and missing all those events.

Reactions:
- Removed Church Taxes, Suffragan Bishops and superintendents, as they were rather pointless decisions that tended to balance each other out.
Boo. Suffragan Bishops were pointless, but Church Taxes and Superintendents weren't..
- An emperor that fullfils the criteria to make the North Italian states stay in the empire will now be able to enact a decision that deactivates the event that makes them leave. This will also let the emperor see how close he's gotten to fulfilling those criteria.
Screw you, Shadow Empire!
- Forming Scandinavia and Germany now requires ADM tech 20.
Doubt we'll see much of Scandinavia now, then. AI Sweden turned Scandinavia quite often.
- Integrating Aragon via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Scotland via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 5 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating England via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 5 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Lithuania via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Poland via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Savoy via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Sardinia via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces outside their starting cores.
Ho ho ho!
- Added Conquest of Louyang triggered modifier for Mahayana countries.
Umm, why Luoyang for Mahayana Dai Viet?
- Mission rewards that previously reduced land and naval costs now reduce maintenance instead.
Makes much more sense.
- Ragusa now starts guaranteed by the Ottomans.
Tch.
- All crusader states now start with Western tech, instead of just The Knights.
Yay Cyprus.
- Denmark is now slightly richer at start.
- Skåne, Halland & Blekinge are no longer swedish cores from the start.
- Sweden and Denmark no longer starts our as historical rivals.
- Split the Hansa up into the Free Cities of Bremen and Hamburg and the Merchant Republic of Lübeck.
- Store Bält is now gone. Öresund is now the old seazone around danish islands, and only way to reach Sjaelland.
Wow, all these Danish buffs... someone in PDS must've petitioned hard.

Last edited:
Reactions:
- An emperor that fullfils the criteria to make the North Italian states stay in the empire will now be able to enact a decision that deactivates the event that makes them leave. This will also let the emperor see how close he's gotten to fulfilling those criteria.
So that means you can add Rome to the HRE, enact and then give it back to the Pope so everyone doesn't hate you?

- Integrating Aragon via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Scotland via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 5 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating England via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 5 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Lithuania via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Poland via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Savoy via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces since 1444.
- Integrating Sardinia via decision no longer possible if they have grown by over 10 provinces outside their starting cores.
You monster.

- Having a cardinal minister is no longer an event option that is always bad to pick.

Why was this always bad? Increased missionary stenght and PI are good enough to compensate intolerance.

- Serbia and Bosnia now start as historical friends.
- Ragusa now starts guaranteed by the Ottomans.

I never played Byz so I don't know if this count as a nerf, but I know I probably couldn't have suceeded as The Knights if not for the tenecy of the Balkans states to murder each other at the first occasion.

- All crusader states now start with Western tech, instead of just The Knights.

Is there any other than the Knights and Cyprus? So you mean a hypothetic KoJ or Templars from a converted CK2 save?

"The von Baden dynasty is now known as von Zähringen"

Bweh. The Zähringen dynasty proper died out in 1218. The House of Baden only started to use the name Zähringen in the Napoleonic Era, partly to legitimize their hold of various newly acquired lands by (re-)connecting their dynasty with a the powerful medieval Zähringer. In the Early Modern period, they were simply know as the House of Baden.

(This Patch looks to be great, but why post if not to nitpick about history?)

Reactions:
Makes an equal amount of sense, but more self explanatory if you don't know unit cost affects maintenance.
I'm fully aware of lower maintenance byproduct of lower cost, but as a penny-pincher I've really hated how army/ship become cheaper after I've already built more than I needed, ya know?

What about the price ? How much would it cost ? Tomorrow being the release date it`s also Romania National Day and stores are closed , so I can`t buy a paysafecard tomorrow and I need to buy one today, but I don`t know the price ...

Scotland and England should have the same province limit as the others.

I don't know why you guys insist on england conquering a portion of Scotland before you can integrate it.
You did the same thing with the mission to vassalize it.

I like the changes to Poland. Now maybe it wont die in every multiplayer game because of that elective monarchy.

During the day today, I'll be posting excerpts from the 1.14 patch notes. Here is the third excerpt, covering the Script part of the notes.
# Modifiers
- Added Conquest of Louyang triggered modifier for Mahayana countries.
Did you misspelled Luoyang as Louyang? And I don't think Luoyang is the holy site of Buddism in China. I think Chinese Buddhists value Four Sacred Mountains the most.
Update:
Corresponding provinces in 1.13 map
Code:
Wǔtái Shān    2177 Ningwu
Éméi Shān     679  Chengu
Jiǔhuá Shān   2147 Huizhou
Pǔtuó Shān    2149 Ningbo

Last edited:
Reactions:
- Removed Church Taxes, Suffragan Bishops and superintendents, as they were rather pointless decisions that tended to balance each other out.

I disagree with this, since players could simply avoid taking some of them. Anything giving -unrest is pretty valuable potentially, so this could be read as a small nerf to Christianity...not that such is a bad thing.

- The decision to change government into a Noble Republic now changes your government into an Oligarchic Republic instead, and does not require staying below 20 cities.

Patch notes are always full of surprises. This set has some quite pleasant ones!

Added Conquest of

Like this too for example.

All in all, for patches like 1.10 through 1.13 if one were to ask me "do you anticipate the game being more fun after reading the non-DD related patch note changes?", I'd have answered "no". 1.14 isn't 100% positive for me (I doubt it will be for any player), but for this one I'd say that I expect the game to be significantly better overall. The changes to hordes are nice but more personal taste; changes to peace deal clarity/UI/forcing terms should be felt in almost every game. Having an out for regency councils is attractive, though I'd still rather see just allowing them to declare.

Is there any other than the Knights and Cyprus? So you mean a hypothetic KoJ or Templars from a converted CK2 save?

Knights, Cyprus, Corfu, Athens, Naxos all come to mind.

Reactions:
I don't know why you guys insist on england conquering a portion of Scotland before you can integrate it.
You did the same thing with the mission to vassalize it.

They don't. Scotland can grow up to 5 provinces from 1444. So even if they grab all of ireland and the orkneys before you vassalise them, you can still integrate them for free.

It's just that if you feed them all of france, you'll have to use actual diplo points to integrate them.

Reactions:
I disagree with this, since players could simply avoid taking some of them. Anything giving -unrest is pretty valuable potentially, so this could be read as a small nerf to Christianity...not that such is a bad thing.
Church Taxes was mostly a newbie trap, IMO. (Even if there were situations to take it.)

Superintendents being removed is a nerf to Protestant and Reformed, and I agree that's not a bad thing.

- The decision to change government into a Noble Republic now changes your government into an Oligarchic Republic instead, and does not require staying below 20 cities.
- err... I have few questions nAo. Are trade+economic NI's decision to transform into merchant republic has abandoned 20 cities limit too?
And how come that nation that focuses on influence+aristocracy transforms into... Oligarchy? :confused:

- Nomads are now blocked from forming most nations unless they reform (exception mostly being decisions that reform them, such as Qing or Mughals).
- here goes mine finno-mongoloid Russian Horde campaign idea.:oops:

- Nomads are now blocked from forming most nations unless they reform (exception mostly being decisions that reform them, such as Qing or Mughals).

- Event added to ensure nomad technology countries remain Steppe Hordes.

c'mon was that really hurting anyone

They don't. Scotland can grow up to 5 provinces from 1444. So even if they grab all of ireland and the orkneys before you vassalise them, you can still integrate them for free.

It's just that if you feed them all of france, you'll have to use actual diplo points to integrate them.

Oh ok, I guess I missread. I thought it was that they can't be more than 5 provinces.

Growing up to a certain amount of provinces is fine.
Although I don't know why the other nations get a limit of 10 while Scotland and England are capped at 5.