• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Martin_Mortyry

A pretentious asshole who thinks he knows history
35 Badges
Jun 4, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
I'm not sure if it's ever been mentioned before, but I checked a few pages back and don't see such suggestion.

It would be great to name wars - there are simply too many "French conquests of Lothringen" or "Polish conquests of Breslau". If in said conquest of Breslau brings major local powers against eachother, say Bohemia, Sweden, Brandenburg and Teutonic Order against Poland, Lithuania, Denmark and Hungary, war took over 10 years and concluded with conquest of whole Silesia why won't you let me name this war as "The Great Silesian War"? Same goes with battles - why would someone be fighting on one field for the 10th time in period of 300 years, there surely are other good fields to fight in a province! Or I'd simply want to give some greater battle some custom name because of its importance in course of war. Naming could be also possible after the battle in the war screen after clicking on chosen fight, as the victory screen is usually instantly closed(at least me and my friends have such a habit, I sometimes do it unintentionally)

There should also be a way to link the ongoing/just ended war to the past conflicts. Historically, there was only a truce between England and France in 1444, some years later they started fighting a HYW(which was actually a series of a few conflicts) again. Players should be allowed to tag their next "Reconquest of Normandie" or "War of French Succession" as part of the HYW.

I'd love to be able to choose which battles were important for the war myself as well - reading through my country's history and seeing that game finds some minor land battle more important than destroying the whole Ottoman fleet with only 20 Good Carracks™ is very frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I think it once was posted but it was probably more than a half year away. But i support your idea :)

This is a great idea and something that should be relatively easy for Paradox to implement since we already can name our armies and client or colonial states. You have my full support :)

I'd love this too. WE should name our wars and choose our important battles

Reactions:
And hey! Don't forget the : (ruler) passed the .... , ruler followed the advice of the court and... X provinces were converted to true faith..
They just spam the history and makes no sense to me

Totally. This would be a nice small addition to the game.

Being able to name wars would be AMAZING. I always like seeing "Ottoman-Karamanese War" instead of the good old "Ottoman Reconquest of Konya" or something like that.

Yes, yes, OH GOD YES! It infuriates me to see wars named "2nd conquest of ..." when we intentionally took different land it just seems that I lost the first war which we in fact dominated.