• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is well off topic but I've had TOAW for a while and never played FITE as I thought that it didnt have a computer AI. Mosby you're always referencing it, is there a resource site for it? Is it possible to play that monster scenario as single player?

There is a another version of FiTE called Directive 21 which can be played as a single player.

If you do a search for "TOAW scenario depo" on google it should give you a few links

I have been enjoying the Finnish AAR - yeah I thinks that Barbarrosa is hosed...

Go Finns!

So much to do, managing the HOI3 writing contest and all.....updates will come.

Not really sure which river you mean exactly, but it sounds like the Luga-river,

That's the one. Why I called it the Sava is beyond me but :rolleyes:
I do miss this river and the adjoining swampy terrain however.

Hey Mosb, I just remebered youh wanting to show some message settings after a chapter from the barbarossa aar. Have I missed these or did you decide to not include them?

Wasn't there one somewhere in the Barbarossa AAR?

This is well off topic but I've had TOAW for a while and never played FITE as I thought that it didnt have a computer AI. Mosby you're always referencing it, is there a resource site for it? Is it possible to play that monster scenario as single player?

You can play Directive21 in single player (if they are finished with it already). More info on Fire In The East can be found here but it is only MP, massive and as you say monstrously big. The reason I keep refering to it is because it is to me some sort of benchmark as a 'deep' Eastern Front WWII game. HOI3 is a serious contestant in this level. Ok FITE is bigger but then the AI in HOI3 will be better, it will be easier to handle and you have far more then only strategic and tactical operations. Which means I perhaps will never play FITE again.....

aWould be nice to have an aar with a more up to date version (No disrespect intended to the writer, have reallt enjoyed reading)

There will be one, albeit a bit shorter. That one will be my HOI3 preview in which I compare the BETA we have seen in these two AAR's with the final released version.

Chapter Eleven: News from the Eastern-Front, part I

With the news from Romania fresh in everyone’s minds it was hard to believe there was some good news from the front as well. Yes, Romania had surrendered. Armygroup South was all but wiped out. And Hungary was in peril of cutting its loses and running away with its tail between its legs as well. But, in the north the news was differently. For the first time the German forces in the center and north made some progress. What would the future bring? Would we see a Blitzkrieg after all?

34yxsmc.jpg

2qnm8g2.jpg

307x74p.jpg

akhkyh.jpg

2n85zif.jpg

4zyp10.jpg

1zbfon4.jpg

fabqk7.jpg

Moscow has got to be filled with units that are still recovering from an earlier shattering. How soon do you think you can take it?

As if waiting wasn't hard enough...well done AAR's make it worse!

Taking Moscow should be relatively easier in the Beta-build since it isn't urban :)

What's Russias national unity? I assume losses in divisions don't influence the national unity?

This AAR is just way out of control. While Communist forces are tearing a new one in the balkans Moscow is in more danger than it was in real life. The question therefore is how will the capture of Moscow affect the Soviet forces fighting the Germans, unity, supply, etc. I am interested to see if even if Mosby can hold Moscow for a while if it makes a decisive impact. IMO, just like in real life, it wouldn't.

@ Mosb, in chapter seven (barbarossa aar, page 19) you wrote at the end that you would post a message setting screen. Its been edited out but G'Kar quotes you on the same page asking you if you missed something. On the same page you quote him that you forgot it and it would come later.
Have I totally missed it as I went trough all the aar post 2 times and couldnt fint it :eek:

*Satyri- is beeing a pain in mosb's ass* :D