• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Huh, there's some stuff in the log I can't even figure out how it would have happened. Can you also share your save and Vic3 mod?
Sure, Vic3 save and mod attached. Maybe there is some data file weirdness because I initially converted to CK3's The Fallen Eagle mod. Any localization issues might be due to running it in German.

Attachments

• zuschauer_1936_01_01.zip
    24,8 MB · Views: 0
  • CelticEmpire.zip
    24,9 MB · Views: 0
Successful conversion (with one error) from Vic3 v1.4 to HoIIV v1.12
[I:R v2.0 → CK3 v1.10 (w/ The Fallen Eagle mod) → EU4 v1.35 → Vic3 v1.4 → HoIIV v1.12]

Log attached. Thank you, sir!

Keltisch-Kaiserreich.png

Huh, there's some stuff in the log I can't even figure out how it would have happened. Can you also share your save and Vic3 mod?

Sure, Vic3 save and mod attached. Maybe there is some data file weirdness because I initially converted to CK3's The Fallen Eagle mod. Any localization issues might be due to running it in German.

After a night's sleep, I may be being daft. The errors I'm seeing in the log seem to indicate you were running the converter again HoI4 1.13. Can you double-check that you really were converting to 1.12?

After a night's sleep, I may be being daft. The errors I'm seeing in the log seem to indicate you were running the converter again HoI4 1.13. Can you double-check that you really were converting to 1.12?
You're right, the time of conversion was 22:08, but the time that the Steam download completed for switching to HoI4 1.12 was 22:11. Sorry! I will have to remember to switch the version on the install before running the converter on the save.

You're right, the time of conversion was 22:08, but the time that the Steam download completed for switching to HoI4 1.12 was 22:11. Sorry! I will have to remember to switch the version on the install before running the converter on the save.

Glad to figure out the issue at least!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, thanks for your effort.

I just did a test conversion of my current VIC3 game (from ck3) and these are my observations:

- converter ran smoothly with a few yellow messages

- Military conversion worked nicely, but for some countries there are some divisions in exile in wrong countries

- Converted nodes and railways are placed really great

- Everything and their mother seem to be fascist. Even me a democratic monarchy has mostly fascists in the population and will turn fascist quite soon

- Ports are only created for main continents. My Africa has exactly zero harbours despite being heavily industrialised. How are ports converted? Every province should have at least one port in Vic3

- Navy doesn't exist. Conversion doesn't work yet?

- there are no planes converted as well, but this might be because I have tanks and not planes active in Vic3 (the last item in the tree)

- Division templates and equipment are well converted

- Factories and especially resources look really well placed

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, thanks for your effort.

I just did a test conversion of my current VIC3 game (from ck3) and these are my observations:

- converter ran smoothly with a few yellow messages

- Military conversion worked nicely, but for some countries there are some divisions in exile in wrong countries

- Converted nodes and railways are placed really great

- Everything and their mother seem to be fascist. Even me a democratic monarchy has mostly fascists in the population and will turn fascist quite soon

- Ports are only created for main continents. My Africa has exactly zero harbours despite being heavily industrialised. How are ports converted? Every province should have at least one port in Vic3

- Navy doesn't exist. Conversion doesn't work yet?

- there are no planes converted as well, but this might be because I have tanks and not planes active in Vic3 (the last item in the tree)

- Division templates and equipment are well converted

- Factories and especially resources look really well placed

Thanks for all the feedback! Navies and planes are known issues (not converted yet), but for the rest I've opened issues on github to keep track of them.

Hoi4 1.13 now supported

This isn't a big enough change for a whole announcement post, especially with Vic3 1.5 just around the corner. But I've updated the converter to support the latest HoI4. No more need to roll back the game version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi. I tried to download latest version of this converter. I click the link and get file name Vic3ToHoI4-0.2-win-x64 but it's always say it will download version 0.0 how do I get latest version? I start to notice when the mod say it's made for version 1.12 and there's a lot of issues such as some leader got no face, placeholder flags and more stuff that I'm not sure that you guys already fix them in latest version or not such as no naval or aircraft, only three Ideologies but this is all.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    11,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1699074190428.png
    1699074190428.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
Hi. I tried to download latest version of this converter. I click the link and get file name Vic3ToHoI4-0.2-win-x64 but it's always say it will download version 0.0 how do I get latest version? I start to notice when the mod say it's made for version 1.12 and there's a lot of issues such as some leader got no face, placeholder flags and more stuff that I'm not sure that you guys already fix them in latest version or not such as no naval or aircraft, only three Ideologies but this is all.

Thanks for pointing it out! I've gone and fixed those issues if you download again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for pointing it out! I've gone and fixed those issues if you download again.
Hi again. Thanks for your effort but I still have some issues to ask. Mod version is now 1.13 but there's still missing leader portrait, missing flags and only three Ideologies, some country with absolute monarchy become totalitarian regime and even have election. there's still no navy and airforce, are these suppose to happend? more info is I go check Readme note in the file and it still say supported Hoi4 version is 1.12
1699149587870.png

Hi again. Thanks for your effort but I still have some issues to ask. Mod version is now 1.13 but there's still missing leader portrait, missing flags and only three Ideologies, some country with absolute monarchy become totalitarian regime and even have election. there's still no navy and airforce, are these suppose to happend? more info is I go check Readme note in the file and it still say supported Hoi4 version is 1.12View attachment 1042298

Those are all currently known limitations of the converter, yes. Thank you for reporting them though!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll be seeing what's needed for Vic3 in the coming days. In the meanwhile if someone can make a 1936 observer save, that would help.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll be seeing what's needed for Vic3 in the coming days. In the meanwhile if someone can make a 1936 observer save, that would help.

I may have gotten myself confused about which game released a patch today. Even if any of you can do time travel hijinks to get me a save, it's not much use until I have the full version upgrade.

Hello. I tried converting my savegame from Vic3 to Hoi4, and encountered an issue where map is not converted at all. I tried doing few things in Nudger but couldn't make any progress since no nations exist on map. I will send both the log and savegame from vic3. I used few mods but they shouldn't make it unable to convert, but I'll still list them:
1946 expansion mod
Better civil war flag
Declare interest button on top
Diplomatic recognition
Foreign investment
Formable nations
Forts!
Guaranteed independence
National ideas
Proper City Names
State transfer tool
Subject manager
Transfer Cash
Treasury to Investment pool
More navy illustrations
War plans
Miniature world
Smaller cities
Thank You in advance!

Attachments

• error.log
    970,2 KB · Views: 0
  • iberia_1925_08_02.v3
    40,9 MB · Views: 0
Hello. I tried converting my savegame from Vic3 to Hoi4, and encountered an issue where map is not converted at all. I tried doing few things in Nudger but couldn't make any progress since no nations exist on map. I will send both the log and savegame from vic3. I used few mods but they shouldn't make it unable to convert, but I'll still list them:
1946 expansion mod
Better civil war flag
Declare interest button on top
Diplomatic recognition
Foreign investment
Formable nations
Forts!
Guaranteed independence
National ideas
Proper City Names
State transfer tool
Subject manager
Transfer Cash
Treasury to Investment pool
More navy illustrations
War plans
Miniature world
Smaller cities
Thank You in advance!
You need to upload log.txt from your converter's folder.

Sorry, here it is
No, that log is completely empty. Please, rerun the conversion and upload fresh log.txt immediately after the converter finishes.

Okay, now I'll be seeing what's needed for Vic3 in the coming days. In the meanwhile if someone can make a 1936 observer save, that would help.