• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the reply,
I downloaded the files and unpacked it, but it still does not want to work, this is the error I get
View attachment 947115
translation: cannot get permission for the specified device, path or file. You may not have the correct access permissions for the item.
As it said in the readmeFAQ file, i opened the ConverterFronted.exe file, but it gave this and it removed itsself from device.
I don't understand what you are doing.

1. download converter.

1676301983161.png

2. Unpack the .zip file somewhere

1676302030440.png

3. run the frontend

1676302056128.png

I did exactly what you did, unpacked the exact same file, ran the exact same program but it still gave me the same errorView attachment 947189
I assume you have an antivirus that's blocking the xonverter from accessing the disk.

Whitelist the converter.

Otherwise I really wouldn't know. Others don't have such errors.

I assume you have an antivirus that's blocking the xonverter from accessing the disk.

Whitelist the converter.

Otherwise I really wouldn't know. Others don't have such errors.
I whitelisted it on windows defender, tried to run it again and gave me the 'parameters are incorrect' error message again. I also don't know which settings have to be saved or what else i need to do. But anyways, I guess I won't be able to progress my ck2 game anymore :(. Still, thank you for your time and trying to help me find a solution, I really appreciate it!

How the hell do I get the empire shattering and HRE creation to work??? I have done the HRE shattering in my earlier game like a year ago, but now it just doesn't work. According to charinfo command in CK2, the titles I want to shatter are called "e_dyn_XXXXXXX", not "e_ghana", but neither works. Do I need to put something else in the i_am_hre.txt, than just the name of the title? Like symbols or something?

Hello I have a question regarding the names and religion transfer. My religion is an own mod religion, somehow I can't get the converter to accept this religion and integrate it into the EU4 converter but replace it with Catholic.

Can you explain to me how you can make it work so that my mod religion is integrated into the EU4 conversion and not replaced?

Regarding the names, I play with the German localisation and I see that the name Groß is not displayed correctly in Groß Tiudiskland, as shown in the picture. In addition, I have only named my empire Thuidiskland and not Groß Tihuidiskland.

Attachments

• Bild_2023-02-25_170849685.png
    Bild_2023-02-25_170849685.png
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    24,1 KB · Views: 0
How the hell do I get the empire shattering and HRE creation to work??? I have done the HRE shattering in my earlier game like a year ago, but now it just doesn't work. According to charinfo command in CK2, the titles I want to shatter are called "e_dyn_XXXXXXX", not "e_ghana", but neither works. Do I need to put something else in the i_am_hre.txt, than just the name of the title? Like symbols or something?
Nah, quite literally, you need to copy that e_dyn_<something> in order to hreify it, and enable option 4 (custom hre shatter) in the converter options.

Hello I have a question regarding the names and religion transfer. My religion is an own mod religion, somehow I can't get the converter to accept this religion and integrate it into the EU4 converter but replace it with Catholic.

Can you explain to me how you can make it work so that my mod religion is integrated into the EU4 conversion and not replaced?

Regarding the names, I play with the German localisation and I see that the name Groß is not displayed correctly in Groß Tiudiskland, as shown in the picture. In addition, I have only named my empire Thuidiskland and not Groß Tihuidiskland.
if your modded religion still uses pope as head of faith, then it maps to catholic unless you override it with a custom link in in configurables/religion_map.txt.

As for names, I suggest you look into localizations/ folder of the converted mod, find the broken names and fix them manually. We really only support english properly, other languages are beyond our expertise.

• 1Like
Reactions:
if your modded religion still uses pope as head of faith, then it maps to catholic unless you override it with a custom link in in configurables/religion_map.txt.

As for names, I suggest you look into localizations/ folder of the converted mod, find the broken names and fix them manually. We really only support english properly, other languages are beyond our expertise.
Actually, I made a pagan mod religion, then reformed it in the game Ck2, the head was the one who reformed the religion, i.e. my own ruler. Do I understand correctly that I have to reform the head doctrine "Autonomous", i.e. without a head, my religion?

Nah, quite literally, you need to copy that e_dyn_<something> in order to hreify it, and enable option 4 (custom hre shatter) in the converter options.
I'm very sorry for the trouble, I was using an ancient version of the converter I had installed long time ago to use with an older version of the game. I figured it all out already by updating.

Its works. thank you.

Hi, I made a save convector from Imperator: Rome in Crusader Kings III, but Cs3 doesn't want to find the game's save, can you help who understands? I can't add a save/mod(
This is ck2 converter. Are you using the right converter?

I have another Question.

Namely, how it works with the secret religions and their sects/secret circles. As a secret religion, you can create your own secret cult to avoid being wiped out, etc. and you can convert provinces in the lands you own that do not belong to your religion to secret, which reflects a modifier, and then convert those provinces to your religion when you publicly declare your secret faith. Now my question, how does the converter handle it?

Oh, and I also noticed that in my last converter game, the Old Saxon culture was converted to Westphalian in Eu4. I thought he was converting it to Lower Saxony or making a separate Old Saxon culture that still belongs to the German cultural group, if it doesn't follow the Christian faith (like the Anglo-Saxon culture with the British culture) Can you tell me why you took the Westphalian one, is it because of the language or because of the needs?

I have another Question.

Namely, how it works with the secret religions and their sects/secret circles. As a secret religion, you can create your own secret cult to avoid being wiped out, etc. and you can convert provinces in the lands you own that do not belong to your religion to secret, which reflects a modifier, and then convert those provinces to your religion when you publicly declare your secret faith. Now my question, how does the converter handle it?

Oh, and I also noticed that in my last converter game, the Old Saxon culture was converted to Westphalian in Eu4. I thought he was converting it to Lower Saxony or making a separate Old Saxon culture that still belongs to the German cultural group, if it doesn't follow the Christian faith (like the Anglo-Saxon culture with the British culture) Can you tell me why you took the Westphalian one, is it because of the language or because of the needs?
1. Secret religions have no representation in EU4 so we don't import them or use them for anything.
2. Religions rarely affect how cultures convert. To change the mappings, edit configurables/culture_map.txt and alter it so it fits your needs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, no help here, I'm afraid. The issue is that the title hierarchy changes as new counties are introduced between major patches and loading a savegame in a new patch only corrupts it. Same goes for CK3.

The converter is trying to merge rebelions into a corrupted title hierarchy and just dies. Don't mix CK versions when playing, that's all I

Yeah, no help here, I'm afraid. The issue is that the title hierarchy changes as new counties are introduced between major patches and loading a savegame in a new patch only corrupts it. Same goes for CK3.

The converter is trying to merge rebelions into a corrupted title hierarchy and just dies. Don't mix CK versions when playing, that's all I can offer.

Sorry on the late reply on this,
Is there any amount of manual editing I could do to make a conversion work? If I allocated all the new provinces to neighbouring rulers as per appropriate title hierarchies is there anything else that would stop it from working?
Thanks

Hi there,

I'm on Windows 11 and when I try to add my file paths to the converter, it says I can't use OneDrive synced paths.

I've tried turning off syncing, but that didn't work. If I remove my folders from OneDrive it will delete them. I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Hi there,

I'm on Windows 11 and when I try to add my file paths to the converter, it says I can't use OneDrive synced paths.

I've tried turning off syncing, but that didn't work. If I remove my folders from OneDrive it will delete them. I don't know what to do. Any ideas?
Upload log.txt, lemme take a closer look.

Just out of curiosity because I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, but since they overhauled how mercenaries work in EU4 and you can hire individual companies, is there any plan/thought/idea to converting mercenary companies from CK2 into EU4, particularly the player/AI founded companies?