• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CheesySnake

Major
97 Badges
Aug 8, 2009
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Following in the footsteps of the National Ideas, Achievements, and Start-up Screen threads, this thread is for suggestions for the new mission system introduced in patch 1.25, with the aim of indexing and archiving such suggestions so a) they are easier to find, and b) do not get lost in the system.

Index
Country-specific mission suggestions

Other mission related suggestions

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Keeping copies of everything or a link list in one thread is fine but it is much easier for us to search for old submissions if they are not all in one thread. I would therefore suggest that people keep their suggestions in dedicated threads and then use this as an index.
That also allows others to comment on your submissions without it getting lost with everything else.

Also vanilla mission trees will never be wider than 5 columns so if you make a suggestion and consider the structure important then it is probably best to keep to that format.
Another rule good to keep in mind is arrows can never point directly sideways, bypass missions or go back up in the tree.

Keeping copies of everything or a link list in one thread is fine but it is much easier for us to search for old submissions if they are not all in one thread. I would therefore suggest that people keep their suggestions in dedicated threads and then use this as an index.
That also allows others to comment on your submissions without it getting lost with everything else.

Also vanilla mission trees will never be wider than 5 columns so if you make a suggestion and consider the structure important then it is probably best to keep to that format.
Another rule good to keep in mind is arrows can never point directly sideways, bypass missions or go back up in the tree.

I do agree with this post. It's a shame you can't really toy around with the mission tree build to see what would fit the most and best. You could do like some have done here I suppose. I did do a thread on Swedish mission but I believe it drowned somewhere in the suggestions. :confused:

Ottomans
[1.25] Further Ottoman missions for realistic expansion by @withche.07
I was considering about this after first release but waited to see which missions have been added.
This is Ottomans mission tree:

Ottomissions.jpg

1. I think Caucasus and some parts of Europe wasn't really represented in this tree as Ottomans 'nearly' owned whole Black Sea surroundings back in time.
2. Ottomans naval successes and trade disputes against Portuguese wasn't represented too, especially after they had control in Arabia, they started defending East Africa, protectorates in India (Gujarat) even to East Indies affairs (Aceh etc.)

Current list:

1. European mainland conquests
City of the World's Desire -> Conquer Greece -> Conquer Serbia

->1 Conquer Bosnia -> Conquer Danube
->2 Conquer Wallachia -> Conquer Translyvania

2. Other conquest combined
Reform the Imperial Army -> Consolidate Asia Minor -> Safeguard Anatolia

->1 Conquer Levant -> Conquer Egypt ->
->a Conquer Tripolitania -> Conquer Tunisia -> Subjugate Algiers
->b Last Crusader Bastion -> Conquer Crete
->c Conquer Hejaz -> Conquer Mocha

->2 Conquer Trebizond -> Conquer Caffa

->3 Conquer Mesopotamia -> Conquer Al-Ahsa

These are going to be my suggestions:

1. European mainland conquests
City of the World's Desire -> Conquer Greece -> Conquer Serbia

->1 Conquer Bosnia -> Conquer Danube -> CONQUER TRANSDANUBIA -> CONQUER WIEN
->2 Conquer Wallachia -> CONQUER MOLDOVA -> Conquer Transylvania -> CONQUER YEDISAN -> CONQUER PODOLE

2. Other conquest combined
Reform the Imperial Army -> Consolidate Asia Minor -> Safeguard Anatolia

->1 Conquer Levant -> Conquer Egypt ->
->a Conquer Tripolitania -> Conquer Tunisia -> Subjugate Algiers -> CONQUER FEZ
->b Last Crusader Bastion -> CONQUER CHIO -> CONQUER CYPRUS -> Conquer Crete
->c Conquer Hejaz -> Conquer Mocha
->d CONQUER RED SEA COAST -> CONQUER ZEILA

->2 Conquer Trebizond -> Conquer Caffa -> SUBJUGATE GEORGIA -> SUBJUGATE AZERBAIJAN -> SUBJUGATE CIRCASSIA -> SUBJUGATE DAGESTAN

->3 Conquer Mesopotamia -> Conquer Al-Ahsa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evolution_of_the_Ottoman_Empire

Biggest borders Ottomans have ever reached:
As4PCtJ.png

LEtQ7v7.png

zs18IRV.png

Ottoman-Empire-Map-At-Its-Height-Peak-Sultan-Army-Soldiers.jpg

2000px-Ottoman_empire.svg.png

2492085b742c476a37c027a77808f764.jpg

So Iet's explain:
I added TRANSDANUBIA to European list as Ottomans expanded further into nearly all Hungary.
I added WIEN as final gift for players beating up Austria. (Only thing added cause of siege, all others were truly annexed)
I added MOLDOVA as it was also annexed. By the way Ottomans didn't stop at Transylvania, they further annexed into YEDISAN (Crimea) and PODOLE (Poland). Added them to finish the list.

0WzieB1.png

After defending&uniting Anatolia, (Note: Defend Anatolia mission should be expanded to include all Turkish beyliks and Beyazit as well)
Ottomans have 3 different routes:
1. To Mesopotamia: Looks good.
2. To Caucasus: I think this was really short, I fixed it by adding all region annexed. (Imereti, Georgia, Armenia, North Azerbaijan, South Azerbaijan, Circassia and Dagestan) This can be polished by the way cause Ottomans later lost some of these. But IMERETI and CIRCASSIA should definitely be added!
3. To Levant and Egypt after it:
I expanded this FAR MORE detailed:

I added 4th way to Red Sea as: CONQUER RED SEA COAST. Ottomans went south to Eritrea coast and formed Habesh Eyalet.
https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeş_Eyaleti
Made it also added ZEILA but not that huge, it can be included as whole under CONQUER RED SEA COAST

To North Africa part was quite fine, only missing part was CONQUER FEZ. It may help players to further press Portuguese.

To Hejaz was represented fine.

To Aegean Coast in general:
It now includes only Crete and Rhodes which is not complete.
This should be far more extended to include every island territories, so I directly added CHIO and CYPRUS on chronological order. I still think that it may include Aegean as whole (including Negroponte and Naxos as well)

This is it!

Also, there could be some naval missions against Portuguese in India.
So here are maps for these potential additions.
8Wrqtx6.png

dGIdzej.png

whNmnW4.png

AKV0ucH.png

I've caught up the OP with the past week or so worth of suggestions. Give me a nudge if I've overlooked any (been away on holiday!).
I agree, particularly in the case of a suggestion like @Sfan's on the previous page, which has a lot of meat on it and definitely needs its own thread (or even one for each tree!). For linking to them in the index, would you prefer that the link goes straight to the original thread (where possible) in that case?

I'm playing Austria and I have noticed a few issues.

1. As Emperor, you start off with a insane force limit that you have no hope of 100%. This thus locks a whole chain of missions away. I think Austria should start with a unique mission to replace that one, with a more reasonable target
  2. Austria gets claims on Serbia as a reward for a mission. This doesn't really make sense, since Austria conquered Bosnia, not Serbia.
  3. Taking Croatia involves taking the Republic of Ragusa, a state that in real life lasted until 1808. This could be working as intended, but it pushes the player and AI on ahistorical path
  4. The mission that gives you claims on Venetia, is buried behind taking control of Hungary AND annexing Croatia from Venice. By this point, players would already have annexed at least the three mainland provinces. Not a good path.
  5. There needs to be more missions, dealing with Italy, Switzerland and Burgundy. At the moment the missions only cover, Bohemia, Hungary, parts of the Balkans, Venice and Poland. The Bohemian and Hungary missions also require very little effort, as they fulfill through having the PUs and/or waiting for them to annex Silesia.

Last edited:
3. Burgundy
I translated this into the game, with some tweaks here and there. Most notably making the culture conversion part affect only Dutch and Flemish provinces, as those are the ones affected by the Dutch revolts. Made the conversion modifier apply only to those provinces, which means Burgundy wouldn't be able to use it to convert outside the region, but unfortunately also means that Burgundy won't get the benefit for further Dutch/Flemish provinces they conquer in the Low Countries.

Also had to add side requirement of 300 development to the Gain a Crown mission for those without CS, as changing government rank is a CS feature. And had to lock the 2 Industrialization missions dealing with Coal behind RB, as that's a RB feature.

All in all it took me about 4 hours, even though it was mostly a copy/paste job and I only did localization for the titles.
Burgundy_missions.png

PS.: Your French tree needs a lot of cleaning and unscrambling for it to make it into the game.

Brandenburg/Prussia
In the top right corner of the pop up there should be a button next to the X button that opens it in a new tab/window.

Or open it in a new tab/window.

Oh. Sorry. Didn't see that there.:oops:

Suggestions:
I would like to start with minor detail suggestion that I think would improve this game before I start another post with a specific nation's mission tree.

I hope in the future that a mission picture would reflect its culture. I think at least make different countries feel unique without much coding. Please feel free to react to my ideas.

Next time, I pose I will write suggestion ideas on Italian nations that have not been posted in this posing entry. I only see that someone suggest mission tree on Savoy that is good. I also will not post mission's tree idea on the papal state, Venice, and Genoa because of they had some unique missions already.

Last edited:
(****This is just an opinion on the new mission system, and general proposed changes, go to the ----- for my detailed suggestion****)
I propose a rework of the new mission system, the basic generic missions are extremely under-powered compared to the nation specific ones. I completely agree with adding of missions based on your idea groups, possibly 1 or 2 in each one (in the old system for instance, exploration would give you "colonize x" and "make x into city", and stronger versions of these would be great for nations that don't get national missions supporting alternate play-styles (eg. exploration in Asia/Africa).
The generic and even most of the national missions seem to really promote the "blob like hell" type of play-style, and seem to push the player in very specific route, that really disrupts other styles of play. It honestly seems like a mod someone made and failed to balance or even complete; hugely benefiting specific nations, while expecting all the other nations to follow 1 simple path.

***-----------------------------------------------------------------------------**
While this doesn't really work perfectly for what I've said above, I think its closer to the old system, and it may help implementing the idea specific missions. I propose changing the generic missions (leaving the national ones) to scaling ones, where the player can get a similar(but more suitable and possibly weaker) reward 4 times during the campaign. Visually, these could go down the right/left side of the mission window, leaving room for national and idea specific missions. Each of the 6 will have its own icon, after completion the icon would switch to the next one in its type, and grey out for 50 years. The rewards and requirements aren't great, just what i could come up with, trying to stay similar to the normal generic missions. Some could do with prestige in the rewards. I've tried to balance the MP rewards among the suitable missions. This method, unlike the current one, means you wont have to do the "Trustworthy Allies" and "Acquire Subjects" before trade/naval ones. In this system Naval also counts as a "military" mission group. Seeing as each group of 4 would be only one icon, This system for generic missions would only require 6 icons and descriptions of the missions.

Scaling Rewards:
10 year reward duration, 50 year cool-down until next mission. (these need balancing)

1 claim, 75% force limit, 90% manpower: 20 trad general, -10% army maintenance
3 claim, 80% force limit, 20k manpower: -5% army maintenance, 5% morale, 25 military
5 claim, 85% force limit, 60k manpower: -10% army maintenance, 5% morale,
7 claim, 90% force limit, 200k manpower: -15% army maintenance, 5% morale, 50 military

2 allies or vassals, 100+ relations: 1 diplo rep, 10% improve relations, 25 diplo
3 allies or vassals, 150+ relations: 1 diplo rep, -5% diplo annex cost, 10% improve relations,
4 allies or vassals, 150+ relations: 2 diplo rep, -10% diplo annex cost, 15% improve relations, 50 diplo
5 allies or vassals, 190+ relations: 2 diplo rep, -15% diplo annex cost, 20% improve relations,

double starting income: 10% tax, -10% building cost/speed, 1 tax in capital
quadruble starting income, 2 buildings: 15% tax, -10% building cost/speed, 1 tax in capital area
5 of 2 types of buildings, 20% tax, -15% building cost/speed, 1 tax in 5 random state provinces
4 manufactures: 25% tax, -20% building cost/speed, 1 tax and production in 5 random state provinces

Improve by 50 dev: -10% dev cost, 10% production, 25 admin
Improve by 80 dev, 2 states -5% dev cost, -20% state maintenance, 25 admin
Increase by 5 states: -25% state maintenance, -0.03 autonomy, 50 admin
Improve by 150 dev, 10 states: -30% state maintenance, -0.05 autonomy, 1 random dev in 5 state provinces, 50 admin

(*more caravels means more than anyone else in the world, so you cant just get the last reward with the cheaper ships)
Naval force at 75%, 4 coastal provinces: -10% ship cost/recruit time, 10% ship durability
Naval force at 85%, 10k sailors: -15% ship cost/recruit time, 10% ship durability, 5% naval morale, 25 military
Naval force at 100%, 40 naval trad: -20% ship cost/recruit time, 15% ship durability, 5% naval morale, admiral with 75 trad
Largest Navy in world, *more caravels: -25% ship cost/recruit time, 15% ship durability, 10% naval morale, 50 military

(*By new node i mean a node you didn't start the game as the strongest power)
Triple starting trade income: 10% trade eff, 2 light ships if coastal/ 20% caravan power if inland
Strongest in any *(new) node: 15% trade eff, 10% global trade power, 1 production in capital 25 diplo
Strongest in 4 nodes: 20% trade eff, 7 light ships if coastal / 1 merchant if inland + 10% caravan power if inland
Trade bonus in 3 goods: 20% trade eff, 15% global trade power, 10% trade steering 50 diplo

(Tribals start with mission 1, Duchy with 2, Kingdom and Empire with 3. When Tribals reform, they follow the starting rules eg; tribal empire will go straight to 3 after reform)
Upgrade from tribal government: 20 prestige, -10% stab cost, 50 Admin
Upgrade to Kingdom: 20 prestige, Aggressive expansion -10%,
Own home region: 20 prestige, -0.075 autonomy, 25 all powers, -1 unrest in home region
Empire with 1k dev: 30 prestige, years of separatism -5,