• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Drop attempts to influence Bengal and Delhi. Instead, attempt to ally Delhi and Bengal.

Accept Pomerania’s alliance offer.

Declare war on the Ming to reclaim Guangzhou (Canton), using a liberate country (Hispania) casus belli (acquire core CB if unavailable). This should be preferably done after either or both of Bengal and Delhi are allied and before the claims on Malwa expire, but if Bengal and/or Delhi cannot be allied or the claims on Malwa expire, the war should still go ahead. ((I assume I have full authority to declare a war?)) Goals for this war will be to reclaim Hispanian core territory and force Malwa into Hispania's sphere of influence by installing a friendly government (make puppet CB). ((Does the make puppet CB force the victim into your sphere? If not: initially use an add to sphere CB and if infamy is low enough and jingoism is still high add the make puppet CB.))

Devote all diplomatic points towards improving relations with and allying France.

Everything else remains the same.

((Edit: what are the requirements for the unite China decision? I'm thinking of letting Ming beat up Delhi until it's small enough to sphere.))

On his return to Valencia from fighting in India, Carlos Maria orders that all water in his estate is to be filtered or replaced with desalinated ocean water. Clean water from the other Leon estates is to be distributed to the people of Valencia. All foreign ambassadors are to be quarantined in their embassies until the outbreak is over.

((It’s quite easy to desalinate water without advanced machinery, FYI. Also, are we allowed to propose suffrage reforms yet?))

Drop attempts to influence Bengal and Delhi. Instead, attempt to ally Delhi and Bengal.

Declare war on the Ming to reclaim Guangzhou (Canton), using a liberate country (Hispania) casus belli (acquire core CB if unavailable). This should be preferably done after either or both of Bengal and Delhi are allied and before the claims on Malwa expire, but if Bengal and/or Delhi cannot be allied or the claims on Malwa expire, the war should still go ahead. ((I assume I have full authority to declare a war?)) Goals for this war will be to reclaim Hispanian core territory and force Malwa into Hispania's sphere of influence by installing a friendly government (make puppet CB). ((Does the make puppet CB force the victim into your sphere? If not: initially use an add to sphere CB and if infamy is low enough and jingoism is still high add the make puppet CB.))

Devote all diplomatic points towards improving relations with and allying France.

((Edit: what are the requirements for the unite China decision? I'm thinking of letting Ming beat up Delhi until it's small enough to sphere.))

On his return to Valencia from fighting in India, Carlos Maria orders that all water in his estate is to be filtered or replaced with desalinated ocean water. Clean water from the other Leon estates is to be distributed to the people of Valencia. All foreign ambassadors are to be quarantined in their embassies until the outbreak is over.

((It’s quite easy to desalinate water without advanced machinery, FYI. Also, are we allowed to propose suffrage reforms yet?))
((Nobody knows it is a waterborn disease yet))

((Somebody has to be first, don't they? If that's too much into godmodding, I'll get rid of it.))
((I think it might be. My character is investigateinf the source of the outbreak. I intend for he and his friend to discover it is waterborn. You're welcome to join him.))

((Do you want me to fabricate a CB on Malwa to sphere or puppet, or just choose it during the war with the full infamy price? Also, pretty sure we can't ally France as another great power without either unlocking great wars or losing Byzantium as an ally.

Ming can form China once it reclaims all its cores, which leaves only those left in Qing.

EDIT: You can always propose suffrage reforms to discuss, but trying to put them up for a vote would be openly defying the Emperor. Do so at your own risk.))

((Somebody has to be first, don't they? If that's too much into godmodding, I'll get rid of it.))

((I'd say it is. Next person to mysteriously discover how cholera is spread without investigating the disease or aiding scientific study of it will ironically contract the disease. :p))

Last edited:
The Ministry of the Navy will continue with the existing plan. No additional ships will be constructed. The Ministry orders that one of the commerce raiders to be given to the fleet in Valencia be named Lucrezia.

With the Fleet back in Valencia, Alfonso was in a position to help the people of Valencia. Along with a friend from the city, Juan Nieve, Alfonso set about trying to learn what the source of the outbreak was. Together, they set about trying to determine what areas where most affected, marking on a map the places with the heaviest concentration of infections.

Determining where the infection was most widespread required visiting those areas. It seemed clear right away that the refugee camps seemed the be where the disease was most widespread. The people there were crammed together, scrounging for what food and and water they could find, in absolutely horrid conditions. It did not seem surprising that such places could spawn such a disease, although the source was still a mystery. The initial investigation revealed little other than where the disease seemed most concentrated. Later in the day, Juan Nieve complained that he was feeling a tad nauseous and decided to end the study for the day, going home for some rest.

((I suggest that we don't ally Pomerania, Germany already suffered so much, we should be friends of Germany and help them to take Pomerania Restore das Kaiserreich, that would be a sweet revenge on France for Betraying Us. ;) Also is Impossible for us to ally the French while we wage this sphere war on them. ))

The Minister of War requests a map of East Asia (From India to Japan) Showing the current positions of all Corps in the Post-Malwan war before sending the plan.

Also I resubmit The act for the Creation of the Hispanian Central Bank (I hope this is the correct wording) and I will try in full to avoid the refugee camps.

Alfonso, now alone, began asking people in the infected areas about their habits, what they ate, drank, where they got the food drink from, and other activities, and where they were completed. Alfonso decided to avoid eating or drinking anything from the area, just in case.

((Do you want me to fabricate a CB on Malwa to sphere or puppet, or just choose it during the war with the full infamy price? Also, pretty sure we can't ally France as another great power without either unlocking great wars or losing Byzantium as an ally.

Ming can form China once it reclaims all its cores, which leaves only those left in Qing.

EDIT: You can always propose suffrage reforms to discuss, but trying to put them up for a vote would be openly defying the Emperor. Do so at your own risk.))

((I'd say it is. Next person to mysteriously discover how cholera is spread without investigating the disease or aiding scientific study of it will ironically contract the disease. :p))
((Fabricate both CBs, or drop the add to sphere CB if too much infamy is incurred. And yes, we can't ally France. Ignore that part of the plan.

When will the Emperor allow suffrage reforms to be put up to a vote?))

Carlos Maria, hearing of Alfonso de Alejandra's efforts to find the cause of the disease, decides to join him in the refugee camps.

- After Manuel heard of the outbreak he couldn't just remain still while his brothers died. He heard that both Alfonso and now Carlos Maria de Leon where in the streets trying to find the source of this illness, so he quickly gathered his stuff and went to Valencia to work with them in resolving this crises.

- Mantain the same plan as the previous years.

((I suggest that we don't ally Pomerania, Germany already suffered so much, we should be friends of Germany and help them to take Pomerania Restore das Kaiserreich, that would be a sweet revenge on France for Betraying Us. ;) Also is Impossible for us to ally the French while we wage this sphere war on them. ))

The Minister of War requests a map of East Asia (From India to Japan) Showing the current positions of all Corps in the Post-Malwan war before sending the plan.

Also I resubmit The act for the Creation of the Hispanian Central Bank (I hope this is the correct wording) and I will try in full to avoid the refugee camps.

((As you can see in the screenshots, we have four corps in India, one in Sumatra, one in Macau, and one in Korea. The rest that were in India for the war have since been sent back home.

Also, if you are resubmitting that bill, you'll need a link to it so people can read its contents.))

Alfonso, now alone, began asking people in the infected areas about their habits, what they ate, drank, where they got the food drink from, and other activities, and where they were completed. Alfonso decided to avoid eating or drinking anything from the area, just in case.

The general response seemed to be that everyone was just eating and drinking what was given to them by whomever was willing to donate, whether that be the government, Church, or kindly strangers. Most people in the refugee camps spend their time caring for their family, seeking work to get back on their feet, or just aimlessly wandering while contemplating their hopeless situation.

((Fabricate both CBs, or drop the add to sphere CB if too much infamy is incurred. And yes, we can't ally France. Ignore that part of the plan.

When will the Emperor allow suffrage reforms to be put up to a vote?))

Carlos Maria, hearing of Alfonso de Alejandra's efforts to find the cause of the disease, decides to join him in the refugee camps.

((I checked the wiki and Malwa is too big to puppet, so we'll go with sphering them. As for the reforms, the Emperor stated after the next election, so as to ensure the recently passed franchise reform had at least one election where it was used without controversy.

Also, just so you will know, here is who would join us in a war with Ming if we called upon them. It seems the only ones who wouldn't join are Persia, due to a truce, and Bengal, who likely is not in a state for another war anyway.

))

- After Manuel heard of the outbreak he couldn't just remain still while his brothers died. He heard that both Alfonso and now Carlos Maria de Leon where in the streets trying to find the source of this illness, so he quickly gathered his stuff and went to Valencia to work with them in resolving this crises.

The situation in the refugee camps was not pretty. People wandered listlessly, while the ill were laying in beds with sunken eyes, only moving to vomit or relieve themselves. What could be done to alleviate their condition was uncertain.

((We can't justify against Malwa while we have a truce IIRC, we can of course add the CB while we're at war with them for the fully infamy hit. My only worry is that the necessary war score for all of this (Both cores on Ming, Gujarat and sphere) might be very high, near or above 100, as sphereing alone costs 50 War score. However if it's possible to sign a separate peace with Malwa while it war with Ming to get them in our sphere plus take Gujarat, and then we use 50 war score from battles with ming + whatever blockade gives us the two china cores, that might work. tbh I think dropping spehering for now so we can invade to take more from Malwa later sounds like a good idea.

I recommend that we don't call allies when we start the war as, Dai Viet would open up a new front in the war unnecessarily. A that Ming can easily get troops to and it'd be hard for us to match them. We want to fight to be entirely at see and in India. Plus allies can get occupied/lose battels and tank the war score. If we want them we can call them in one by one.))

In December of 1852, the ailing Félix would eventually pass away, his death being attributed to his failing health and the stab wounds he suffered during the riot. His son, general Antione Villanova would take up both the ducal title and Cortz seat it came with, however due to a mix of the Cholera outbreak and various internal squabbles in Provence, Antione would be unable to participate in Parliament for the near future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Antione Villanova
Date of birth: July 10, 1821
Class: Aristocrat
Religion: Catholic
House: Cortz
Party: Hispania's Moderates

Bio: Antione is the only son of the late Duke Félix and although he follows the tradition Catholic faith of his family, he is significantly more tolerant to heretics and heathens. One thing that separates him from Félix is his decision to outright join the Moderates rather than take a moderate stance.

((And thus the Imperials and Union fall ever further.))

((Ok, I assuming that since this directly addresses the out break, that this won't cost us VP?))

Healthcare Expansion Act of 1853

This law is intended to expand the resources and access that Hispanians have to health care in order to combat ongoing/future health crisis and promote general health.

1. Establishes a Hispanian Health Services Board, which is made up of appointees from hospital branches both private and publicly owned

2. The Hispanian Health Services Board is to regulated the minimum standards and practices for medical procedures

3. The Hispanian Health Services Board is tasked with developing means by which health issues may be responded to most effectively including outside of hospitals.

4. It is to share and information to determine the most effective way to handle health crisis

5. It is to work alongside the government to determine the cost for procedures and health care coverage.

6. The government is to pay for health procedures as single payer for all Hispanian citizens as default, with the option for citizens to buy additional procedures

7. Replaces the system of forcing industrial employers to pay for health care with system by which companies are taxed based on the cost of injuries from their firm and provided credit for exceptional minimization of injuries.

((Move Healthcare to acceptable))

Last edited:
((We can't justify against Malwa while we have a truce IIRC, we can of course add the CB while we're at war with them for the fully infamy hit. My only worry is that the necessary war score for all of this (Both cores on Ming, Gujarat and sphere) might be very high, near or above 100, as sphereing alone costs 50 War score. However if it's possible to sign a separate peace with Malwa while it war with Ming to get them in our sphere plus take Gujarat, and then we use 50 war score from battles with ming + whatever blockade gives us the two china cores, that might work. tbh I think dropping spehering for now so we can invade to take more from Malwa later sounds like a good idea.

I recommend that we don't call allies when we start the war as, Dai Viet would open up a new front in the war unnecessarily. A that Ming can easily get troops to and it'd be hard for us to match them. We want to fight to be entirely at see and in India. Plus allies can get occupied/lose battels and tank the war score. If we want them we can call them in one by one.))
((Yeah, we don't need to call allies. IIRC we can just call individual allies manually later on, but they're likely to be liabilities. What we need to do is destroy their fleets and get warscore from killing Malwa's armies. Sphering plus acquiring cores would be 70 warscore, which may be too much already. Let's try a separate peace with Malwa to get Gujarat and them into the sphere, then we get enough warscore to get our cores from Ming.))

((I will wait to post the plans to after deciding if we go to war or not. Remember two things:

1. A war with Ming would mean a war against a fully-mobilized China, not even Hispania can match them unless we send our entire army to China.

2. But they are distracted on a war with Delhi, while it is good that give us initial advantage, when they finish their war on the Sultanate, they will turn millions of Experienced troops to multilate our armies.

That is why I suggest we Colonize Vietnam Instead, that would add another border to Ming.))

"Señor Spoleto,

I send this letter again to ask for a unnification of our parties, we would be willing to make you a leader of the Party and confirming it as a Triumvirate. And if you desire to become successor of the Imperials, why don't you claim the leadership of the Imperials then ?

((As Minister of Trade, I order the improvement the railroads in all foreign regions where Hispanians own railroads and will do this until otherwise is said. Note however, do not to expand/build new railroads where Hispanians don't own the railways.))

Alfonso recommends that food monitored more throughly before being given to the refugees. He also collects several water samples from both the Tauria river, and the local water pumps, and sends them to the local university to be examined.

Greetings Minister Saint-Pierre,
I am writing to you to ask you to order a quarantine of the infected people in Valencia. Although my knowledge of medicine is non existent, I am doing my best to help discover the source of the disease. It is possible that isolating the infected in a camp away from other refugees would help contain it. Seeing as there is no formal precedent for a quarantine, I feel like this issue concerns your ministry more than any other, and as such, you could order the quarantine.
Thank you,
Alfonso de Alejandría
Conde de Alejandría
Chamberlain of the Cortz

Carlos Maria orders clean and filtered water from his main estates in Leon shipped to the refugees, hoping it will have some effect. He also orders troops to quarantine the camps and prevent the contagion from spreading further. He also asks for a map of the relative spread of the contagion in each part of the city and a map of the sewer system, especially one that has notes regarding the level of sewage in each part.

((I will wait to post the plans to after deciding if we go to war or not. Remember two things:

1. A war with Ming would mean a war against a fully-mobilized China, not even Hispania can match them unless we send our entire army to China.

2. But they are distracted on a war with Delhi, while it is good that give us initial advantage, when they finish their war on the Sultanate, they will turn millions of Experienced troops to multilate our armies.

That is why I suggest we Colonize Vietnam Instead, that would add another border to Ming.))

"Señor Spoleto,

I send this letter again to ask for a unnification of our parties, we would be willing to make you a leader of the Party and confirming it as a Triumvirate. And if you desire to become successor of the Imperials, why don't you claim the leadership of the Imperials then ?
((Vietnam is our ally and our sphere. We don't kill our own allies/spheres.))